1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Berserk vs scenery

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Arkhos94, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Simple question : a krakot is base to base with a scenery item, can he goes berserk ?

Berserk requirement is "The user must enter or be in base to base contact with an enemy" but CC attack has the same requirement so I would say this requirement is fullfilled if you are base to base with a destructible scenery item

Am I wrong ?

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

According to IJW's recommendations (because I don't think anything has been officially clarified) you would be correct that Berserk (and other CC Special Skills) work in base contact with scebery, as otherwise stuff gets weird with melee and scenery.

(Edit: I feel weird referring to another forum member who technically doesn't have authority to alter or clarify rules, but that's where we are on some of these N3 issues)

xagroth, Arkhos94 and Hecaton like this.
  3. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Sure. Guy gets truly aggravated by a wall. Happens all the time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Daniel Darko and Arkhos94 like this.
  4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

And in this case we're supposed to presume that "enemy" is more or less interchangeable with "target," but if we apply that logic to other game situations, like the Targeted state, that's over the line...

5. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

You have obviously never met some Americans... (and no, I'm not invoking politics on this one, I'm talking idjits picking fights to the death with brick walls!)

chromedog likes this.
  6. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Actually, I’m from Arizona on my father’s side. Can’t say I’ve seen anyone fighting a brick wall, the town is mostly trailers and cheap prefabs. I HAVE seen someone picking a fight with a slot machine on the other side of the river, though...

7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

My wife's niece was once so... "up" on Coca-Cola (sugar rush!) she accused a traffic light of trying to get into a fight with her. And tried to fight said light. After nearly running said light over.

And btw, during all this incident, the girl was walking... and it was broad daylight XD

8. DukeofEarl

DukeofEarl Well-Known Member

That sounds like more than just Coke....

9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Or maybe 6x 2L bottles and a 3lb bag of M&Ms... Sugar, caffeine, and theobromine, all in one hit!

chromedog and xagroth like this.
  10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Explanation: His wife's niece is super old due to generational intermarriage and had coca-cola while it still had cocaine in it.

DukeofEarl and chromedog like this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Nope, the girl's 20 something atm, was a minor back then. And yeah, it was Coca-Cola (plus other caffeine and sugar sources).

Some 10-15 years ago, a few friends and me went for a dinner and at the end ordered some licor shots (or varied flavours). The owner gave us as many as we wanted, and we obligued to a degree (2-3 per). The girl taking the 0% alcohol ones got more than tipsy, though...

So I assume is simply "extreme effects of the sugar rush" XD

Hecaton likes this.
  12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It's right there in the FAQ, folks...

Q: How does Close Combat work against a Scenery Item?
    A:
    In those scenarios in which it is allowed or required to destroy Scenery Items in Close Combat, they count as enemy troops for the purposes of declaring CC Attack, using CC Special Skills and gaining bonuses for multiple combatants (for example, Fireteams or Coordinated Orders). Note that at the end of the Order, the Scenery Item will not cause any trooper to be in the Engaged state.

Berserk is a CC Special Skill.

DukeofEarl and Arkhos94 like this.
  13. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

A question for the benefit of pedantry: does agreeing to use destructible scenery count as part of the scenario?

14. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Given that this involves rewriting whatever mission you're using, sure.

Mahtamori likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation