1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NA-2 shouldn't have been it's own faction for these events

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by Cothel, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

Not necesarily. My biggest complain is that we're supposed to be the Black-Ops of our Factions, the people who do the dirty work while operating in the shadows and trying to maintain plausible deniability. I've always advocated that the Combined Army should be part ot the Cloak and Dagger Narrative. Instead of the flash and bang of "we're here to conquer you," they should be working as insidiously as we should.

There is merit in grouping factions into uneasy alliances; like, and this is just a hypothetical example and nothing more, Haqqislam and Shasworth Financial sending forces to disrupt a PanO Company for completely different reasons. So you get Combined and Haqq vs PanO without Haqq working with Combined by fluff (but for campaign purposes, they are).

For O-12 I'd use this campaign as an example. Haqqislam wants control of the Battery, but it's guarded by Ariadna and O-12. All of our fights should be translated to: Haqq is secretly sabotaging the Battery, Ariadna and O-12 are trying to stop them and since "Dead Men tell no tale" our encounters are rather lethal. But Haqqislam will deny any presence at the battery and Ariadna will never accept their defenses have been breached. We can have communiques between Faction representatives (calling each other out and making threats) but all of us knowing that the Politicians that are the facers of our Factions will still smile at each other and converse on the matter while having a Diplomatic Meeting with fine wine and steak.

2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

I haven't seen the interface, but going on what's been said about it that particular feature should be easy to adjust, the problem I think is that setting it right now would see Haqqislam suddenly lose a chunk of points, and potentially cripple them when their players nope out and start accusing the mod team/cb/bow of rigging the game, prewriting the fluff...

I suggested last year that the bonus points should be recalculated every 24 hours or so, but almost all suggestions from last year seem to have been missed or ignored...

The whole process of writing reports and propaganda about the incidents is counter intuitive to deniability , I think practically speaking we can't actually have the campaigns be cloak and dagger...
    Outside of the CA players, almost everyone in and out of character doesn't want the CA to win, and any theater that was giving CA a bonus would be avoided, and if it's revealed after the fact we're back at the accusations of game rigging...

#22 cazboab, Sep 29, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation