1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

Ah yeah I’ve seen this vid before. I can’t say the likeness was intended, but the similarity is uncanny. Wasn’t fat yaun yaun based on a CB staff member in the first place? I don’t know which one though.

2. archangeleong

It’s true... it cracks me up every time. 80s action toys were the best!

jherazob likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure it's supposed to be Toposolitario, a papercraft modeler who designed the downloadable dropships way back in the day, and the paper originals of Antenociti's Chickenhawk dropship and Samsara.

chromedog, archangeleong and jherazob like this.
  4. archangeleong

"Scarface" Joe Turner
    Really enjoyed working on Joe in Ikari Colours. I think they suit him well. I'm happy with how the skin turned out and was surprised that it took about 4 hours working on the face and arms alone. It was little details like stubble and rawness around input plugs that was fun to do (bit hard to see in photos though), but also very time consuming.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cordelia Turner
    Cordelia is a bit of a funny figure. The proportions seem to be pre-CAD and so are a little off, particularly around the face. The TAG on the other hand seems like a CAD sculpt so is very symmetrical and cool (not sure about this fact though). To get around her weird features I gave her an emo/goth look in her makeup to disguise her weirdly proportioned eyes. In any case, this look somehow seems appropriate for a teen who likes fixing big robots and watching her brother blow things up, and, I imagine, listening to punk/emo music whilst thing go boom. I had to carve off the mini's eyebrows mid paint as they were way off a natural look and then sand down the forehead and repaint more natural looking eyebrows. It was a tricky and delicate feature to pull off.

The colours are in the Ikari palette but also with a bit of a nod to Tank Girl. I very much enjoyed doing the torn up stockings also. Overall I'm very happy with how this little lady turned out. Imho I think I got a pretty good result with a bit of a mediocre miniature.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

redeemer, Marduck, ZlaKhon and 21 others like this.
  5. lefrank

lefrank Well-Known Member

6. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Amazing work as always! CANNOT WAIT to see your Scarface man!

archangeleong likes this.
  7. Awash in Blood

Awash in Blood Agent of Devastation

I agree with you that the Cordelia model is extremely old fashioned/odd. What you did with it works though.

8. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Sexy stuff mate. That's probably the best Cordelia I've ever seen.

I'd consider adding slightly stronger highlights on black boots for both characters. Because of stronger contrasts on other parts, those black sections look a bit raw.

9. wisefaiz

wisefaiz Well-Known Member

Ditto! Really excellent job.

10. archangeleong

Thanks Guys! Now that the crew is done, I'm struggling to find time to paint the TAG at the moment but it's getting there slowly.

Actually I deliberately muted down the boot highlights as a painting exercise. They look much better in real life as the photos seem to have too much light reflecting off them. food for thought anyways :-)

Usashi and wisefaiz like this.
  11. archangeleong

Reposting these ladies since the old pics were deleted by the forum

INFINITY MERCS: CSU, Corporate Security Unit
    [​IMG]
    These ladies are very nicely sculpted indeed. The Operation Ice Storm Pre-Order Exclusive model is one of my favourites in the range and continues CB's penchant for saving their best minis for exclusive bundles. The standard official CSU sculpt is such a simple but characterful mini. I'm a huge fan of both of these lovely ladies. I painted both in dark grey suits so that they stand out as 'corporate,' with hints of red to tie them into my JSA.

[​IMG]
    CSU, Corporate Security Unit (Combi Rifle)
    I gave the standard CSU a Combi Rifle in lieu of the Shotty she comes with. Actually the shotty was the main reason I got her in the first place as I wanted to use it on my Karakuri. The combi was taken from one of the Ghulams in Operation Red Veil (I had to carve a new handle on it after I cut of the hand that was attached). The best part about painting her was working on the pants as I enjoyed working natural light source into the folds.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    CSU, Corporate Security Unit (Pre-Order Exclusive)
    My favourite part of the limited edition CSU is her suitcase gun, which brings back memories of this iconic weapon as it appeared in Ghost in the Shell. These types of guns actually, mind-bogglingly, really exist but are very hard to aim, unsurprisingly. I also love her legs, or rather the opportunity to paint stockings on them. I painted and highlighted the legs as normal and then washed many glazes of brown and then black, both mixed with a Vallejo drying retarding medium. It was a little painstaking but I am very pleased with the results.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

CSUS Taking Care of HVT

[​IMG]

More pics: https://archangelelonginfinitythega...08/infinity-mercs-csu-corporate-security.html

redeemer, Marduck, Daimeow and 8 others like this.
  12. Awash in Blood

Awash in Blood Agent of Devastation

Those stockings look @%#%^*& amazing!

13. Lady Numiria

Lady Numiria Cyberius TaskForce

wow! such a nice neat paintjob. I really like the concept of CSUs and you did a good job at making all these different models coherent, still fitting each others.

14. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Ha :) Charlis Angels
    tho i do not like the pistol one it looks like from other range of minis looks like Hasslefree minis

15. archangeleong

Thanks Guys. These were some of my favorite minis to paint.

Its true:
    [​IMG]
    Cameron, Lucy and Drew
    (Those were my Angels...)

redeemer, Oni, Section9 and 2 others like this.
  16. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: Scarface & Cordelia
    [​IMG]

Scarface and Cordelia, Mercenary Armoured Team
    These guys are a great team. So much character and coolness, they are the quintessential Infinity sculpts that set this range of miniatures so far above most other miniatures out there. Mostly people seem to paint these guys green like the box art, so I was happy to have a go using Ikari Co colours. Too bad Joe hasn't taken long to smash up his shiny new paint job, despite Cordelia painstakingly sprucing up his customised Ramhorn in these shiny new colours. She may threaten to kill him everytime he does something stupidly reckless, but she can't help but forgive him when he spectacularly pulls of another feat of heroic destruction. Truth be told she gets a kick out of her brother's antics and enjoys fixing his famous TAG almost as much as she loves him.

"Scarface" Ramhorn 327 Series T.A.G
    The TAG was a truly epic effort to get finished and I have to say it was a little daunting to even start. I didn't give up and chipped away at different sections on it over the past three weeks. I tried to work light over the figure from the top like the sun reflecting off a car. To this end, I have been studying cars each morning on my way to work these last few weeks. The lighting is as realistic as I could manage but I also took a little artistic license here and there to create depth and foreground. It was likewise fun to do a bit of freehand on the large panels. Overall I'm happy with how it turned out but exhausted from the effort.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Scarface and Cordelia
    [​IMG]

Scarface and Scarface
    [​IMG]

Scarface & Cordelia & TAG
    [​IMG]

Scarface re-enacts the battle that earned him his name.
    [​IMG]

More Pics: https://archangelelonginfinitythega...infinity-ikari-company-scarface-cordelia.html

#376 archangeleong, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
    redeemer, Sangarn, wisefaiz and 17 others like this.
  17. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Given Scarface's fluffstory, it almost feels like Cordy should be facepalming with a "Dammit, Joe, I *just* fixed that!!!" look on her face.

18. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Ok i figured something you tend to use a desaturated colours and even if you get a n orange it is milked out one
    so how a bout a kranking up colours ?? jus ta bit to make contrast pop up
    but over all this looks nice and scraches add textures that helps a lot
    but you have not painted an tag "eyes"

Daimeow and jherazob like this.
  19. Usashi

Usashi Well-Known Member

Actually, Cordelia is not making kawaii gesture posing for a shot. She is trying to poke Joe in the eyes for crashing the TAG again:v:

Section9, archangeleong and jherazob like this.
  20. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Great work! I really like the blends on Scarface

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation