1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is O-12 doing?

Discussion in 'IC [In-Character]' started by Danger Rose, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Danger Rose

Danger Rose The Wrecking Belles

It is with great sadness that I address the "Maximum Authority" in Novvy Bankog, who, despite having just recently taken a more "hands-on" approach, has preffered to ignore the long history of not only the several factions of the Human Sphere, but even question Haqqislam's motives and even treat us as deranged lunatics, when all we have done is preemtively avoid further conflicts by providing security in a delicate matter.

Meanwhile, they allow Aleph to move with impunity against the Nomad Nation; and while siding with Ariadna and dismissing our reports, also have let Yu Jing attack NA2 controlled territory and have been too busy to even notice the elephant in the room.

[​IMG]

As of this moment, PanOceania has, unilaterally and unprovoked, commanded its forces to assault the already assailed Nomad Territory.

Once again, we're giving you our assessment of the situation. Once again we come with evidence. The ball is in your court. Please, don't dissapoint us more than you already have.

nazroth and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  2. Apps0206

Apps0206 Kazak Sneeki Breeki

Perhaps it's in... Investigation? HAHAHA.

What a mix of feelings. In one hand it's the Nomads, on the other hands it PanO, and then it's Haqq writing out angry letters.

Or maybe it's just O12 getting caught behind paperwork they assigned to us ...*grumbles

Veonix, Foxep, Cabaray and 2 others like this.
  3. SpectralOwl

To: Representatives of the Major Powers of the Human Sphere;

The Arachne Network is inherently designed to prevent monitoring by the Sphere's powers and O-12. The subversion or Sepsitorisation of only a few Reverands of the Observance could lead to the Combined Army gaining access to a communications system that spans the Sphere, unknown to all except a few corrupt bankers on Tunguska whose livelihoods depend on their customers believing that the Crypt and Arachne are secure. Surely you understand why leaving such a dangerously vulnerable data exchange operating in an environment where it is known that Combined Army infiltrators have established a presence is foolhardy? ALEPH and the Maya network remain completely and provably under the control of O-12's Bureau Toth and maintain complete records of all information transactions, entirely preventing its use by the alien threat. We should all be utilising this resource, instead of trying to avoid it out of paranoia and greed. Should the Nomads simply accept ALEPH oversight on their network I am certain that all hostilities from PanOceanian assets will be peacefully and happily concluded, but while the Arachne network remains supervised by the Nomad leadership alone it is classified as an unacceptable security risk for our nation and the Sphere as a whole. Need I remind you all of what Nomad secrecy cost us at the Wotan Blockade?

Identity concealed for protection purposes.

Danger Rose likes this.
  4. Danger Rose

Oh? So NOW a faction's control of potentially problematic equipment is a "Security Risk". Give me a break Agent Owl, I'm not in the mood for hypocrisy. It was bad when we said so, with history on our side, but now it's ok because you say so? Without any evidence to support your claim? We will see you in court. And don't worry, our Intelligence Agency will send the subpoena.

5. SpectralOwl

I am curious. Which equipment do you speak of? To my knowledge PanOceania maintains a spotless record, fully integrated with ALEPH oversight and an almost perfect history of following human rights laws. Meanwhile, your government issues banned flechette ammunition to every soldier as has been common knowledge for years now. In light of the Combined threat, this is a completely reasonable action due to the effectiveness those rounds possess against the lightly-armoured and camouflaged troops those aliens employ. However, that does not excuse actions that threaten the security of the Sphere for the profit of a single nation, like those of the Nomads.

6. Danger Rose

Uhm, the Defense Battery that we don't trust Ariadna with and the Arachne Node you don't trust the Nomads with. Ya haram! You are getting into this conflict blindly aren't you?

Ya hasrety, this is going to be Wotan all over again.

InventorofSoup likes this.
  7. Apps0206

Apps0206 Kazak Sneeki Breeki

Seems like our Haqq friend needs a Pony.

8. SpectralOwl

If you sincerely believe one outdated, barely-functional battery of guns that doesn't even shield the whole asteroid is a threat than the mighty Haqqislamic navy is in a sad state indeed. Even the shuttle fleets used to transport PanOceanian troops to Novyy Bangkok are of significantly greater value, combat strength and security than the Xaraks facility. Remember that the Evolved Intelligence is an AI. It can travel through communications systems much as ALEPH does. Data security is as critical as the entire physical blockade, if not more; all our critical infrastructure is automated and a major system failure could do more damage to the war effort than a million Speculo Killers. We cannot allow that to happen because a few spacers think they are above the common good.

JoKeR likes this.
  9. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Greetings Danger – O-12 High Commissioner here

While I am disappointed in your lack of faith in O-12, I can't say that I'm surprised. I have noticed you've been quite the adversary to
    O-12 and the Concillium Convention since Novvy Bangkok has become a hot-spot for the Human Sphere.

While I understand and respect your position on the Ariadna - Haqqislam issue, I must assure you that O-12 always acts in the best of human interests. Allow me to closely address some of the issues you've raised in your initial transmission:

We granted Aleph access to investigate Nomad territory under the pretenses that they are building their own AI. Under Concillium edict, this is of course illegal and taken very seriously. They have our permission to conduct a full investigation until enough evidence, or lack there of, is found, recorded, and submitted to O-12 for proper inspection.

You've also posted an image capture of a private transmission between Maya sources and it's consumers. O-12 was and still is unaware of any PanOceania scheme. What you have provided isn't enough evidence for me to launch a further investigation – I would like to once again remind you that O-12 is rather busy at the moment, and we cannot go chasing every data bite uncovered on Mayanet.

I'm truly sorry over the way you feel about our affairs at the moment, please know that you are, and always will be, a valued member of the Human Sphere – regardless of your views of O-12 and the current situation.

Thank you.

10. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

"I have good friends that are Nomads. Friends who respect freedom, like most of us here on this damn rock. They drink in our bars, shop in our stores, live their lives without the constant watching of the so-called 'benevolent' O-12 and it's weak oversight of ALEPH *spits*. Now that they are here, they will find any pretense to massacre my friends, just as they did Haqqislam! And now PanOceania is getting in the mix! Bah!! It was an open secret that they had an intelligence operation here, but now they are in open conflict on our streets... with the blessing of our 'almighty protectors', to boot! The commanders in the Imperial Service better open their eyes, or they'll be next!"

- Hugh Mann
    Bar owner, regular hooman, commenting on the leaked operations of the Hexahedron assault on the Nomad nation

11. Cabaray

Cabaray Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Greetings comrade,

Better to ask yourself, what are you doing? I am confused. Did you not attack us because of Wotan and what we did to Pano. And now you are against Pano? And why are you not happy that Pano is launching an Investigation. It is what you use, because you think it is the best approach on this Asteroid. Now everyone launches investigations and all of a sudden it is a problem? It is same Casus Belli you comrades use and think is 100% legit.

Crazy times we live in,

High Commander Cabaray of the AEC

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G930F met Tapatalk

Danger Rose, SpectralOwl and Foxep like this.
  12. Veonix

Veonix Member

We can't be too careful with this information rumour has it that there's Shasvastii spy in our very ranks.
    @Apps0206 I'm watching you.
    @Sabin76 You, Hugh Mann, thats a name I can trust. Now run down to the broadcasting center and relay this information. There's just something about you that makes me think you're in for a high position Hughman.

O>

13. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

More nonsense again from O12 as it turns a blind eye once again to interfactional violence it should be safeguarding against and the unchecked aggression of its own pet AI.

I for one welcome this whistle blowing from the Haqquislamite consulate who are attempting to bring stability and suitable conditions for business back to this station.

Damien Darkstar - CEO of the dark star corporation and philanthropist

14. Foxep

Foxep Tropical Vet
    Warcor

philantropist -> phil -> phil is my uncle whose son is Sam -> Samuel L. Jackson -> SLJ -> SEF -> SHASVASTII CONFIRMED!!

Not identified man with a tinfoil cap.

15. Aspect Graviton

Warcor

*Eyeroll* Yes yes we've all seen mayaconspiracies.AOL.Net

I am of course a member of artichoke person illuminati. Just like all other business magnates; secretly controlling the fate of the human sphere and killing anybody who discovers the truth! Which is that we keep doing experiments on sentient lifeforms in the shadows and engineering conflict for our own aims and of course we have been 100% successful at concealing the evidence Lol.

Danger Rose likes this.
  16. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

So you admit it then.

Cabaray and Foxep like this.
  17. Foxep

Foxep Tropical Vet
    Warcor

"Leaving the tinfoil cap aside"

HA! I was High Diplomat Foxep all the time and now i have your confession recorded! See you in trial, alien. Never thought those Bakunin infiltration classes i took while in service in Paradiso would pay off, they felt too dumb to work out.

18. Aspect Graviton

Warcor

Yes I admit it! By the very act of this confession I prove that either a) it does not exist because I would have been killed if I had a shred of evidence b) I am not a member because its confession goes against the very code of the organisation itself.

Shiwen, Minos, Foxep and 2 others like this.
  19. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Oh, come on! Give me a break!

As if ALEPH and O-12 wouldn't know that we have our own AI and our own network.

You just want to infiltrate it just like you did when ALEPH attacked our beloved Bakunin mothership during the "Violent Intermission". I was there when we defended our freedom on our own territory alongside Reverend Superior Kusanagi against the OSS and when innocent people were murdered by soulless ALEPH machines.

Just like our analysts say: The Violent Intermission was the lab test of the now rising conflict and proof to ALEPH that by using cover and indirect methods, the passiveness of the other powers as a response to attacks against the Nomad Nations is guaranteed as we see now.

--- Jack “HarlequinOfDeath” Roberts
    --- Taskmaster Lieutenant, Leader of the Bakunin SWAST Team

Danger Rose likes this.
  20. Danger Rose

Yes! My point excatly! We haven't done anything wrong and have been treated very harshly by you and your O-12 puppets. I'm merely pointing out that it has been biased against Haqqislam and not other powers of the Sphere.

:sob: yes please.

SpectralOwl likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation