1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Campaign Suggestions

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by hortanium, Sep 26, 2019.

1. hortanium

hortanium Major Thomas Williams, USAriadna Marine Corps

I'm creating this in the hopes of not derailing other threads with suggestions.

-Allow alliances with points pooling.
    -Increase points scored by CA
    -Treat mercs as mercs, ie let them go to the highest bidder
    -Open registration early to get a better count of players to adjust points, organize command structures and begin conducting diplomacy.
    -Allow people to play non faction armies in different factions provided that a fluff reason is provided in the report.

This is just a collection of some suggestions I've seen. I'm sure people have others.

The last suggestion could make for some really interesting stories and RP and could really spice up CA.

#1 hortanium, Sep 26, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2019
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I think this is something that their platform explicitly doesn't do.

colbrook likes this.
  3. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Their platform is built from the ground up, it can theoretically do whatever they want it to do, or rather whatever the client(CB) wants it to do...

4. Ayaxs

Ayaxs Crane agent, Yuandun division.
    Warcor

or rather whatever the client(CB) can afford it to do...

FTFY

DukeofEarl likes this.
  5. Hecaton

Well it's not something they find worth changing for CB as a client, then.

6. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Agree with all.

7. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Realistically, that's probably correct,if maybe a little bit cynical. :(

We don't know if CB ever asked for changes, and I'm not in the know enough to say you're wrong about that, but I'm sure they'd do anything within the capacity of their team if it was requested.

8. Hecaton

Didn't Bostria say that the system didn't support that? In that case I would presume that CB would have heard something to that effect.

9. Aspect Graviton

Aspect Graviton Friendly Alien Overlord
    Warcor

Too late for implementation in this but when it comes to geopolitics I'd like to see people able to play at their location for their faction but specifically give their points to support another faction.

Sounds mad, hear me out:
    Straight up alliances are perhaps a little strong.
    Games played at non target locations are as it stands basically squandered.
    As an extra have the points be attributed to the chosen faction on the proviso factions have agreed to do so in that location, if pano want to accept the tohaa or CA raids undermining their target location then make them feel suitably dirty for it. The three and nine points CA and Ariadna have on Cosmica are pointless, if they could be given to nomads in support for their points elsewhere it would make that territory far more interesting.
    As an extra for the extra have the points return to their target faction if the alliance is cancelled for geopolitical betrayal! "Haqquislam have held up this nomad location for too long, maybe it's time we took more permanent custodianship..."

Minos, Sabin76 and Sergej Faehrlich like this.
  10. havocfett

havocfett Well-Known Member

You can play as another army and report as the army you are serving, so Mercenary play is functionally allowed as is. Most notably there's the Yu Jing PanO player who does this.

I'm personally planning on running some Dashshat later on as part of my Haqq push.

I think some sort of Alliance mechanic and a CA strategic buff are worth considering. I might go with 'CA has Hidden Objectives and can make their points count as other peoples to accomplish those Objectives' but it's a pretty much entirely Shasvastii approach to the issue.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation