1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to Haqqislam...

Discussion in 'OOC [Out of character]' started by theGricks, Sep 20, 2019.

1. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

Thats true of there is a way of migating the ganging up it could work maybe in the next phase :)

theGricks likes this.
  2. InventorofSoup

InventorofSoup Well-Known Member

This defiantly has been a fun campaign for me and my small group. Specially with all you guys putting out great IC drama I can rope these new guys into fighting hard for their factions and getting the rivalry you see in sports going between them in a fun way.

Captain927 and theGricks like this.
  3. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

The problem is, CA has a LOT of players signed up! Last I checked they were 2nd or 3rd most populous. It just seems like they don't have any clear goal or plan internally.

I personally believe they need to score at minimum 4 points per win no matter their population. Make them a REAL threat.

4. theGricks

The ganging up aspect actually is mitigated by the fact each faction scores its own points. In theory CA should be able to outscore if everyone fights on the location.

I honestly think the smaller population of this campaign compared to the last years is seeing a much closer game between all factions. If a faction wants to focus its a tough fight.

5. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

That may be the point, though. This game wouldn't exist as it does if CA was a clear and present danger. Human factions uniting, while great for a story about humanity overcoming insurmountable odds through grit and a newfound alliances... but then all the drama we see on the IC forums now disappears.

I find this game far more interesting than WH40K mostly due to this.

Also, getting 3 points for a win kinda sucks :(.

6. Sabin76

We would be winning in the Maze if we had parity in points per win with ALEPH, last I checked.

7. Apps0206

Apps0206 Kazak Sneeki Breeki

Perhaps bonus points for certain designated CA targets?

If they get beaten, THEN we go back to squabbling over which piece of soil belongs to who

theGricks likes this.
  8. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I would go as far as to say CA should always score 5, and have a location

9. InventorofSoup

InventorofSoup Well-Known Member

I feel it would give CA a better threat for whenever they play a game.

10. Thandar

Thandar Dedicated Aconteccan Supremacist

Make them to score 6 points per win, and then, then the Combined Army would be grindcore like it is in the books. They could also get a zone, but I don't see it necessary (they'll grab some in really short time then). And then, fighting the EC would be really pitched. .

ChoTimberwolf and Sabin76 like this.
  11. Sabin76

I can say that's not the problem. I dug into the numbers a bit and as of last Friday we were the most populous faction and had the second most highest number of games. Our win% is pretty low, but the bigger problem is that our "heavy hitters" aren't nearly as "heavy" as other factions. In other words, the factions that are doing the best have people who play a very large number of games in the top 5. Our points, in contrast, are the most spread out of any faction with our top 5 only scoring about 8 more points than the average CA player (including those that haven't played a single game yet!). Compare that to Haqq or Tohaa, where the top 5 are scoring 22 and 19 more points than the average player in their respective factions, respectively.

12. theGricks

I think introduction of Ramah really boosted our new players. We now have units that are forgiving to bad tactical decisions and can do straight face to face fire fights. Haqqislam always had a TERRIBLE win-loss percentage in previous campaigns due to the asymetric nature of the army and the lack of durable and reliable gun fighters. Now that we have these, it is paying off I think.

Granted this is just Haqqislam current theory.

havocfett likes this.
  13. havocfett

havocfett Well-Known Member

We're still at about 1:1 win-loss, it's just that that's a massive improvement from an aggressively terrible record earlier, bolstered primarily by great organization in Faction high command and morale/discipline among rank and file players.

theGricks likes this.
  14. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

As I kept telling players back in the day when I was organizing airsoft scenarios locally:

Those who are better organized and better disciplined, win. Quality of your individual players is nowhere as important as their ability to follow orders quickly and well.

theGricks likes this.
  15. Drunkergnom

Drunkergnom Well-Known Member

Oh you, @Bostria, you now trying to make peace between Haqq and Ariadna?
    "That situation may soon change. A second, maybe even more intense wave of attacks is brewing, targeting each location’s core. Meanwhile, it seems that the EI’s forces could accomplish their goal of fully evacuating their local cell if the joint forces of O-12, ALEPH, Ariadna and Haqqislam fail to hold their respective positions."

Errhile likes this.
  16. theGricks

:laughs in consequences:

But for real, this document was written well before the campaign.

ChoTimberwolf and Errhile like this.
  17. Drunkergnom

It's very bad. Bostria must be blamed harder.

theGricks and Errhile like this.
  18. Foxep

Foxep Tropical Vet
    Warcor

Its nice to see how the relation between Haqquislam and Ariadna has being evolving during the campaign. It went from a "come at me bro!" to a please, do attack me and good luck mate. Marvelous xD

19. Drunkergnom

itsatrap.jpg
    I must post this now

theGricks and Cabaray like this.
  20. theGricks

SSSSSHHHHHH!!!! Ariadna doesn't have High WIP dont give them a bonus!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation