1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guide to getting started

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Hjard, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Hjard

Hjard Member

Is there such a thing as a "getting started with ITS" guide? Some convenient, short forum post or similar that describes what you need to play / set up a table for people relatively new to ITS?

I'm currently thinking about buying some scenery and wonder how many Antennas/Consoles etc I need so that I can play any scenario at home.

Or other questions like "where can I get the classified cards?"

So jeah, basically a getting started guide so you don't have to hunt down all this information yourself.

Daniel Darko and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  2. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

I don't think there is one but we could definitively do one.

3. Hjard

Hjard Member

That surprises me somewhat. This forum has great guides for anything else.

4. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

My guess is that ITS missions changes every year, with it what is needed changes too. Most of the general guides are older. But yeah it would be helpful to have a clear guide

5. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Scenery seems to depend far more on the local meta than the missions at hand. As for what's mandatory, really only an Armory-type structure and 9 objectives.

If you want to go a little further, you will need at least two types of objectives to distinguish between consoles and antennae (for example), but that's less important since it's hard to get confused due to the placement on the map.

For tournaments, I've seen people set up washers in every spot an objective can be for any mission in that tournament, and then scenery placed around the table accordingly. Then, the objectives are swapped out depending on which mission is being played at the time.

6. Mcgreag

Mcgreag Well-Known Member

You don't need 9 anymore, they removed all the high objective missions in ITS 11 (because of the problems it created for tournament organizers). The highest number is now 5 which is only for Transmission Matrix and couple that uses 4.

7. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Well, the Grid is a mission in the current online campaign, so there are still times when you might need 9.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation