1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Limited Insertion Lists

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by ChoTimberwolf, Sep 23, 2019.

1. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

So thanks to tactical awareness I started thinking how I would create a list for Limited Insertion that would allow me to survive an Alpha Strike.
    If Cutter/Avatar/Sphinx with 11+ orders comes running at me, what can I do to have any chance at all to do anything in my turn.
    In normal play I take some clipsos minelayer, krakots, libertos as speed bumps so that enough orders survive to be able to do something, but thats rather hard in LI.

The problem:
    Besides a lucky crit the TAG shouldn't have a real problem taking out all aro pieces in a few turns, running over and killing some more pieces till I only have a few orders left.With a bit of luck the opponent could even have enough orders left to do the objectives after he shot me nearly in retreat.

My ideas:
    Sukeul ML, Gao Sniper, Kaeltar Mate Triad with some luck it could slow the TAG down long enough.
    Taking hidden deployment clipsos so that they can't be killed in first turn

2. Khalipo

Khalipo Well-Known Member

You could have two of those triads.

For offensive, you can try sukeul k1, if tags is what you fear.

3. ChoTimberwolf

Its strictly rhetorical I got no Limited Insertion game coming up. Yeah having to defensive triads or some K1 combis covering approaches seems the most effective.

4. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

The AP Marksman Draal has Minelayer, an AP weapon and a skill (Stratuscloud) that helps a lot in Reactive turn, not a bad choice for LI lists.
    The Taqeul is also tough (for Tohaa standards) and carries some deffensive tools in the form of Symbiobugs.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  5. ChoTimberwolf

Oh yeah forgot the Taqueul my bad ;)

Abrilete likes this.
  6. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Honestly my favorite LI list will always be something along these lines just because you end up putting down 30 models when you deploy. Its not actually good.

30Model Limited Insertion
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]9 [​IMG]1
    KUMOTAIL Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    CHAKSA SERVANT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    KOTAIL Boarding Shotgun, E/M Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 31)
    KOTAIL 2 Combi Rifles / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 32)
    KERAIL PRECEPTOR Submachine Gun, Smoke Grenades + 2 Surda SymbioBeasts / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] SURDA SYMBIOBEAST Pulzar / Viral CCW. (0 | 8)
    KERAIL PRECEPTOR Submachine Gun, Smoke Grenades + 2 Surda SymbioBeasts / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] SURDA SYMBIOBEAST Pulzar / Viral CCW. (0 | 8)
    TAQEUL (Chain of Command) Combi Rifle, SymbioBugs / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 34)
    RASAIL Lieutenant Spitfire + 1 Chaksa Peripheral / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 39)
    [​IMG] CHAKSA PERIPHERAL Heavy Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (- | 4)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)

4.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

On a serious note. We want to prioritize weaponry thats going to eek out an advantage vs. beefy units and put them on durable pieces. Heres a few of my favorite units for that:
    • Breaker Rifle Neema packs a Panzerfaust, A BTS Piercing Rifle AND Bonus SWC so you can bring more guns.
    • Kriigel bring Good AP/BTS Piercing Weapons, as well as Eraser against units like Achilles and the Pherobooster in ARO can actually set up other units to finish off the big guys.
    • Sukeul Can never be underestimated
    • Gao Rael bring MSV and potentially an ADHL to help you glue down big modifier heavy beasties.
    • The Kotail has some cool tools, including better durability, AP rounds from the Boarding Shotgun and Optional E/M Weapons.
    • Interestingly this is one of the few places I'd consider the Chaksa Long Arms, EM Grenades, Double Large Templates and a Contender in a reasonably priced package could be a useful suite to have on hand.

ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation