1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Symbiobombs

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Hjard, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Hjard

Hjard Member

Can someone give me a step by step on how to activate an offensive Symbiobomb?

1. Declare Symbiobomb short skill
    2. Choose Pheroware Tactic to use (Endgame for this example, because that is one you can only do with bombs)
    Aaaand now im kinda lost.
    • The enemy can now make a reset ARO since Endgame is declared as Comms Attack?
      • Would this allow him to make an unopposed WIP roll to avoid the skill since nothing in the Symbiobomb skill tells you to roll?
      • If he fails the roll would he then have to make the 1-2 other WIP rolls required by Endgame with the result from the description?
    • The enemy just has to take 1-2 WIP rolls as described in Endgame?
    I would appreciate if someone could clarify this as this is one of those annyoing abilities, that give you an ability that gives you an ability which is declared as a standard rule but kinda doesnt follow the standard rules...

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

You declare the expenditure of your Symbiomb as Short Skill 2 which lets you declare Endgame.

He can't reset unopposed because he isn't being targeted by the Symbiobomb skill, he's being targeted by the Endgame skill. Endgame is a Comms Attack, so it can be avoided by declaring Reset. Since your actions are in opposition to each other you resolve this as a face to face roll between Endgame and Reset (like you would if Endgame was a hacking attack).

In general, during the course of any given order sequence in the game, each player will only have one opportunity to roll dice outside of ARM/BTS saves (the only exception to this is I'm aware of is Discover+Shoot).

Edit: ignore what I had at the end here (now deleted), Reset has been bandaided a lot.

#2 meikyoushisui, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  3. Hjard

Hjard Member

Yeah but what kind of roll do you have to make for Endgame? The ability just tells me I can choose 1-2 enemies who will have to roll WIP to avoid damage.

4. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

• In the Active Turn, the user may distribute two WIP Rolls among one or multiple targets.
    ?

ChoTimberwolf and Abrilete like this.
  5. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

It would be an apposed, (or unapposed if the enemy does not reset, or attack back), roll using the barer of the 'Bomb's WIP attribute. The opposing modes are still applied to the opponent regardless of what type of face to face roll they are making.

6. Hjard

Hjard Member

Oh! Now I get that I have to make that roll.
    Now this makes a lot more sense than before.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation