1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Second game thought:

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Awash in Blood, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Awash in Blood

Awash in Blood Agent of Devastation

We played the first mission from Red Veil again, and probably will a couple more times for practice.

Notes:
    • the light shotgun tax is NOT a tax, our CC tax IS
    • knowing your opponent can't pop up in your back field allows for a lot more aggressive play, when that Fiday becomes an option, watching my 6 will take some getting used to
    • while I didn't have access to a TR remote, I totally see the appeal of having one available, like a big mobile turret
    • I see the appeal of smoke too, it would make advancing a lot easier

I didn't win this time, but I was kind of pushing things to the limit just to see how they worked and performed.

2. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Do you mean the light shotgun on the Haqq units? No it's not a tax because the rifle is cheap and together they become as costly as a combi. Light shotguns are a tax on most units that also carry a combi (where they are costlier than they are for rifle-armed units compared with what a rifle without a light shotgun costs). Mostly rifle+shotgun is considered a benefit.

AdmiralJCJF and Awash in Blood like this.
  3. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

Imo Haqq has a HUGE advantage in Red Veil beacuse the maps are so small. Its not balanced at all.

Those light shotguns on every model really makes life easy for them. Maybe your opponent will not figure that out.

#3 Azuset, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    chromedog and Awash in Blood like this.
  4. Awash in Blood

Oh yeah, I'm having to watch my spacing and ranges very carefully.

5. Tibooper

Tibooper Well-Known Member

Smoke is where you want to put your Hsien, the guy can shoot through it due to his VMS2 while being untouchable by anything that hasn't the same visor or the superior level if you put him under in the template (EDIT: Smoke is a -6 to BS, not a Zone of No visibility, my bad).
    But i presume you didn't play with him if this was the first mission of the box, no? (I don't have it that's why I assume this)

#5 Tibooper, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2019
  6. Awash in Blood

Tibooper, no the first mission is 3 Ghulam vs 3 Zhanshi.

7. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

Well, if it makes you feel any better, the Operation starter boxes aren't really representative of real games anyway.
    I used to think the Mobile Brigada with Multi Rifle and Flamethrower was OP, because he had ARM4 against Combi-rifles, was always in good range and always got to use his flamethrower to roast people with.
    He turned out to be nearly unplayable in "real" games and I quickly discarded him for much more usefull profiles.

PS: @Tibooper I love your avatar. It's pure heresy but also hillarious. :joy:

Tibooper likes this.
  8. Barrogh

Barrogh Well-Known Member

Okay, let's not confuse newcomers because this isn't strictly correct.

That said, I've just realized you can achieve that if you can reach target's ZoC.

9. Tibooper

Yeah this is a big mistake from me, I thought there was no possibility to shoot back someone in smoke whitout VMS but I'm wrong on it, I'll edit my previous message. I really don't play enough to say bull***** like that, sorry! -_-"

Haha thanks! Would it be less heretic if it was a lemon instead of a pear? :laughing:

10. Mahtamori

Tbh, that would sour the mood of any pear reviews you write.

Stuffist and Barrogh like this.
  11. Tibooper

I have to say I'm not very sure how to take this, the "pear reviews" part especially. I'm sorry if I've disturbed anyone due to my lack of experience with the game :/ (maybe it's just my translation that is incorrect)

12. Mahtamori

Sorry. That's two puns and no serious content.

Peer (person with knowledge) review vs pear (fruit) review. And lemons are sour.

Tibooper likes this.
  13. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Peer is more like "colleagues" or "counterparts".

For example, I think we can all agree the zuyong HMG tac aw is the best amongst its pears.

Mahtamori and Tibooper like this.
  14. Tibooper

Oh ok, i did not catch that, no problem! I have learned something then.

I was proposing lemon because we're playing an Asiatic faction, and, well... Maybe it would be a bit borderline :P

15. Mahtamori

It could turn one or two of us into sour grapes. Okay, I'll stop punning. For now.

Barrogh, Tibooper and Sedral like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation