1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

W tee Eff?!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by ShaeKonnit, Jan 15, 2018.

1. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

They basically just don't want to pay for the research. They'll let someone else do it, then if there are positive results, they will remove the ban, legalize and sell it as medicine for profit.

jherazob likes this.
  2. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

Did anyone else have a hunch when 'vaping' became a thing that it would turn out that it's probably going to be bad for your health as well?

oldGregg, chromedog, Xeurian and 3 others like this.
  3. Koin-Koin

Koin-Koin Well-Known Member

Do you mean that some considered that inhale vaporised chemical products would be harmless at any point ?

ev0k, xagroth, oldGregg and 2 others like this.
  4. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

The way people go on about it I think most people consider it to be harmless...

5. Koin-Koin

The way the human brain can fool itself amazes. You just have to tell smokers that vaping may be less bad than cigarettes and they understand it's harmless.

jherazob likes this.
  6. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

Not strictly speaking, no. GMO produce that can increase yield or thrive in otherwise unsuitable environments have great potential. However, GMO produce that has a terminator gene that essentially requires you from one copyright-holding supplier every season and said supplier will sue famers for "pirating" seeds pegs my sketchiness meter.

Businesses are going to business, but as consumers, we should require some level of corporate ethics.

xagroth, Lothlanathorian and jherazob like this.
  7. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I think people are just stupid or really want to justify their habits. At least cigarettes had a part that's mostly natural. Tobacco is a plant after all. Vape is 100% chemical. How could it be any less harmful?

8. Ceilican

I gotta be a pedant here. Every chemical is 100% natural, too. We're not making anything out of ingredients that we acquire outside of the natural world. :)

9. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

While true and I agree, the thing is that we don't know WHAT ingredients are used for those chemicals. It could be quite bad. Beside vape is worse for the people around the user. Have you seen how much smoke those produce? Not to mention that the idea that "it's not harmful" means people willl blow the smoke right in your face.... -.-

jherazob likes this.
  10. Ceilican

Yeah, I frequently spend time with people who vape. Most of my friends, though, don't buy into the whole "Vape Culture" (because of course, that's a thing.) Vape culture will have people trying to get the biggest, densest clouds of vapor and souping up their damn e-cigarettes. My friends use it to cut back on nicotine and actual smoking. For the most part, they take fewer smoke breaks because the chemical dependency isn't as strong as it once was. In that sense, it's "healthier" than cigarettes in that they're actually "smoking" less.

This, of course all goes out the window once people who weren't smokers began vaping (probably for the same reasons people used to start smoking...)

And anyone who blows smoke in your face is either super inconsiderate or a jerk. They'd perform the same behavior even if they were smoking cigarettes.

chromedog and jherazob like this.
  11. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

But because it's non-US research they can ignore it for as long as they like.

The Terminator genes aren't quite as bad as some think, in some situations - like crops farmers already buy new seeds for. Hybrids already basically can't be reused, for, instance, and that's been since the 30s.Also, no one actually uses them at present, and both India and Brazil outright ban it, with the UN highly critical. Even Monsanto pledged they're not going to use it.

Of course, this is Monsanto, and money can undo laws, but as it stands, it's not a huge issue.

oldGregg likes this.
  12. Koin-Koin

That's it !!!

Why didn't I go with that in the first place ?

^^
    Beside the joke, I try to keep in mind that I also am part of "people".

13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Cocaine is schedule 2. I'd be surprised if marijuana was even Schedule 3.

No, of course not!

14. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Lesson #1. EVERYTHING is "chemicals". Plants are made up of them, animals are made up of them. The air you/we breathe, the food that we all eat, it's ALL CHEMICALS. Whether artificially combined or "naturally made", chemicals are still chemicals. Natural cyanide isn't any better for you than artificially produced cyanide. Nature will kill you just as soon as look at you if you aren't careful - and if you aren't breeding, nature doesn't give two f*cks about you.
    Also, lesson #2: Dose determines toxicity.
    Water is toxic in a high enough dose. Oxygen is toxic at greater than one atmosphere. There's cyanide in apple seeds and apricot kernels and if you eat enough of them, they WILL kill you. (any more than 6-8 apricot kernels a DAY can put you at risk.).

I don't smoke. Whether it's tobacco, vape or anything else. Can't stand the habit. But "chemophobes" who are anti-"chemikillz" because they can't spell them make me want that planet killer- ELE asteroid to come all that sooner.

ev0k, Xeurian, Rizzy and 5 others like this.
  15. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Germany's drug comissioner when she was asked why marijuana is banned: "Because it is illegal."

xagroth, Errhile, Section9 and 4 others like this.
  16. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Eh, they tend to learn after they get punched a few times for what's basically one step down from spitting someone in the face.

jherazob likes this.
  17. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Lesson 1: I'm pretty sure everyone know what I was refereing to. I'm perfectly aware everything is made of "chemicals". I was talking about the way it's produced and consumed, and WHAT is used.
    Lesson 2: Again, I'm perfectly aware of that and I even refered to the rule of excess in previous pages.

18. tox

tox SorriBarai
    Warcor

19. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

:facepalm: (seriously, why don't we have a facepalm emoji?)

xagroth, jherazob and Brother Smoke like this.
  20. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

At times like this use the handy dandy image tool
    [​IMG]

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation