1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disengage - Staying B2B with Enemy?

Discussion in 'Rules' started by Flipswitch, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Quick rules check. Disengage states:

"When a Character uses a movement to leave a space adjacent to an enemy, both Characters make a Face to Face Disengage Roll".

I'm assuming this is the case even if I go to a Hex that is still adjacent to the enemy? IE Moving around them in a circular fashion?

2. deep-green-x

deep-green-x Well-Known Member

Yes as your still in base contact with the opponents Character. It came up during the BOW filming and Carlos mentioned it as a way to block off narrow gaps with high brawn characters like Maximus

PaIanka, Flipswitch and -V- like this.
  3. Flipswitch

Flipswitch Sepsitorised by Intent

Thanks mate, was discussing it on Facebook with a bud and it seemed to be the case as it does say moving from an adjacent space. wanted to check. :)

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Yep, any time you try to leave an Adjacent space, regardless of the destination. Note that you don't even spend the Movement Point or declare where you're moving until after a successful disengage Roll.

Flipswitch and -V- like this.
  5. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

So this applies for all situations? Gata is not in BtB. Declares move. Moves 1 hex and is now in BtB with enemy hexx3r. Gata must make disengage roll to jump over (Freerun), and then another disengage to move again? And every time she fails, she looses the rest of Movement points?

6. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

No she doesn't, Freerun is not movement but placement.

Flipswitch and ijw like this.
  7. konuhageruke

konuhageruke Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ok then pets assume siÄ™ is 1 Hex away from enemy A. She spends 1move point to adjenced Hex then 1 move to place herself on the other side. Then 3rd move to move away... Is this the moment she has to do disengage roll?
    Let's assume that will make her adjenced to enemy B. 4th point to place further and 5th to move away. Is this another disengage roll?

8. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Yes and yes.

-V- likes this.
  9. Hero of Sparetime

Hello,

I know a really old thread, but I just start Aristeia and I'm a bit confused by disengage.... Do I have to make a roll even if I only pass by a enemy model? I mean I don't stop by the enemy,spent my whole movement, just want to walk on a Hex that is adjenced to an enemy... I know if I start in Base to Base I have to. But if I start a Hex away?

10. Chandly

Chandly Corregidor, de toda la vida...

You must make a roll to disengage even if your intention is to pass by. An enemy "stops" your movement the moment you enter an adjacent hexagon and you must make a roll to disengage to continue your movement, losing all points of the reserve in case of failure.

11. Hero of Sparetime

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation