1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Lizard, or why I became unsure whether I play the right Sectorial

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by KoenigLeberwurstIII, Jun 18, 2019.

1. mazzacheammazza

mazzacheammazza Well-Known Member

I never use lizard because i hate the model, one of few nomads figure who really make me puke. Since I usually not proxy, well that is the main reason not to list. When I am in the mood of proxing he is fine, but look so... Generic. Hope will get some crazy rule in N4, some who make me scream "I know is sick, is bakunin!". Actually, I do not need to have crazy rule, even a bizarre look will work.

loricus and KoenigLeberwurstIII like this.
  2. KoenigLeberwurstIII

KoenigLeberwurstIII Active Member

That is what I hope for Bakunin as a whole. I would love same mad scientist doctor type that i can picture with a thick german accent and the like. The lizard does not need a buff for me either, more of quirk that ist unique.

I'll settle for mixed observance links und a repricing of the prowler though^^

Savnock likes this.
  3. Willen

Willen Well-Known Member

I converted a new Lizard and am looking for test lists for it... so keep the ideas flowing, and also some thoughts on how to run those lists!

4. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Being the only MULTI-HMG and HGL in the army isn't unique?

I enjoy running it from time to time, especially if I'm doing a spec/guided meme build (which BJC does surprisingly well). It gives me a reason to put the Iguana model on the table.

5. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

I always liked the idea of giving Booty X and making a table of equipment that fits for a TAG.

6. SpectralOwl

I'd have gone for Metachemistry X- Bakunin makes ALL the drugs, and the pilot would have to be on something strong to wear that uniform by choice. Stuff like Marksmanship, SSL1, Dogged, WIP boost or the like, for Pilot and TAG alike.

7. KoenigLeberwurstIII

It's unique within the faction, but I was thinking something unique among all TAGs in the game. Not necessarily something stronger but something that reflects the Bakunin style.

That would by lovely. It would fit their fluff as recycled leftovers and would be something entirely new!

8. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

It also is something fairly rare among all TAGs : only two TAG in the whole game have an HGL (the second being the squalo)

9. KoenigLeberwurstIII

Huh, you are right. I was under the impression that the Raicho and the Guilang had HGL profiles too, but looks like I was wrong.

10. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

(fixed for you. Guilang is the little camo skirmisher, Guijia is the TAG)

They used to, back in N2. When N3 rolled out, almost every TAG lost their HGL option. Because Speculative Firing HGLs out to 32" at an effective BS9 without marked targets is disgusting! (See also the complaints about Emily and Druze XVisor'd LGLs).

csjarrat, Savnock and loricus like this.
  11. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Well 8 with 14 BS but still. It is really good, but I've only had the chance to use it when I proxy Varuna. Some missions like Decap beg for it as well.

12. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Used one against an onyx player, the HGL made short work of the REM link team and the HVT I had to splatter too.
    Very useful piece but I think I'd prefer it in vanilla as it kinda ties you to a moderator team in Bakunin

13. Zakalwe

Zakalwe Bomber Harris, Do It Again!

It depends how you're using them. Remember they have Shock Immunity: a lot of special ammo types will only put them down, not kill them outright. Moderator Snipers are often more lasting than their equivalents in other factions, simply because you can leave a healbot next to them and just keep putting them back up.

14. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Well yeah, it's good against stuff that can't dodge better than you shoot.
    Which kinda makes it very situational with BS 8 - it either rocks or falls completely flat depending on opponent. And terrain - in my meta you can often encounter buildings in deployment zone that one can hide the vulnerable troops in.
    But it's the bane of designated targets, that's for sure.
    I've had less trouble with them getting hit with special ammo and more with them getting several hits at a time due to low BS. Not that it makes them much different in that regard from Algs, for example - but nowadays Algs have the option of taking better gunners in their link, and Moderators don't. It's not about Moderators being much worse individually, it's about time marching on and leaving pure mook links behind.

15. csjarrat

Get in your good band for range and it's not bs 8 anymore ;-)

16. Gunmage

That is the good band. HGL has no positive bands, only neutral and bad ones.

17. csjarrat

Man my memory is getting bad. Must have been n2 when they were good to 32"

18. Gunmage

Probably. Spec Fire and Guided weapons have been nerfed hard since N2.

19. Tourniquet

Tourniquet TJC Tech Support

Upside, now you have an extra order to spec fire with. also given the amount of pitchers and other repeaters it isn't overly difficult to stick something with spotlight.

Brokenwolf and Robock like this.
  20. Jason839

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Thinking of taking one to a tournament soon. Show of force is in the pool and I feel like it could be a nasty way of catching people off guard.

Edit:

Was theorycrafting. What do you all think about this for a show of force list?

Show of Force
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    LIZARD MULTI HMG, Heavy Grenade Launcher / . (2.5 | 87)
    [​IMG] LIZARD PILOT Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. ()
    ZOE & PI-WELL . (0 | 47)
    [​IMG] ZOE (Hacking Device. UPGRADE: Stop!) Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 28)
    [​IMG] PI-WELL Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0 | 19)
    REVEREND CUSTODIER Hacker (Hacking Device Plus) Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 34)
    BRAN DO CASTRO Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 33)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]3 [​IMG]2
    MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)
    MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)

3 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Lots of observers to spot for the hgl if needed. Bran and Pi-Well to help deal with the aro threats that might go after the lizard. Lots of repeater coverage. Alternate version is to drop the transductor to upgrade a zero to a killer hacker and give zoe and the daktari zondbots. Hoping for that magic extra strength on the morlocks so i can go tag hunting with damage 19 melee swings.

#60 Jason839, Sep 6, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2019
    Tourniquet likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation