1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Petition on facebook

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by siri, Sep 1, 2019.

1. siri

siri Well-Known Member

hi guys.

I had made a Petition in Facebook tohaa and spiral corps group.
    I just think, and could be wrong, that CB has give us a hard coup in the removal of tohaa. They need to be clear the path they will lead our army.

I hope we can unite and hope for your support and comment.

Thanks all

2. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

No offence, but they made their call on a business level, and right now to reveal their plans for Tohaa wouldn't fit their previous methods. It would also undermine their practices - if not Tohaa, why not reveal plans for Aconticemento or Merovingia too? Or QK? Or the Exrah?

Tohaa were a small army in every way. Part of that can be blamed on lack of CB support, but the existing selection simply didn't seem to draw many players in. And yes, releasing Spiral, a great draw, while simultaneously removing all the other stuff they could have bought into was a bit odd, but that's how it happened.

Sure, maybe a large amount of support might make them rethink an approach, but they won't bring them back into production, won't rush the redesigns, won't reveal any long-term plans, and won't bring it along any faster. Unfortunately that means you'll only learn of the upcoming new Tohaa about three-four months, at most, before it lands. Yeah, you were hard done by. But there's sadly nothing to really do but wait if you want to see Tohaa's rebirth.

saint, cazboab, nazroth and 6 others like this.
  3. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

melkiach likes this.
  4. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

melkiach likes this.
  5. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Tohaa were done poorly both visually, thematically and rules wise. Even tho I play Tohaa, I would understand if they actually just removed them from the game, Exrah style.
    Or they could actually invest time and money to reimagine them. Which is unlikely.
    If Merovingia will get crap in N4, that means they will be like 3+ years since they were mothballed. Doesn't inspire confidence into whole CB rotating catalogue promise.

6. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Or hopefully it means N4 isn't a massive change rendering older armies even more left behind than the present waves of NCO and SMGs

7. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

Wut?

I started playing Infinity just because of the looks of Tohaa, and I kept playing Infinity because of their rules (Triads and Symbiont Armour).
    Thematically they are cool too, an interesting species.

And I know I'm not the only one here.

8. LaughinGod

Warcor

They are Asari ripoff done poorly, they have no visual consistency between units, they don't have a theme ( I mean they should be bioengineering gods, but that is poorly translated into the game units/rules wise ), they were shiet before Sukeuls and symbiomates and when fire would just instakill your symbiont wearer, then OP after that ( at least if you read what other people think of Tohaa ). Do you remember Kerail fiasco ? None of these things helped Tohaa gain much popularity.
    OTOH you have Morats that exploded in popularity ( CB own admission ) after the rework. They have great theme and visual consistency. That is how you do alien faction properly.

9. Abrilete

WUT?
    That's the first time I've seen Tohaa compared with the Asari.

The only thing I agree with you is that Tohaa haven't exploded in popularity. Although they haven't received a rework yet. And also, considering latest Interplanetario data, they have a strong playerbase (unlike Morat). So, I guess, I also disagree with you on that one :p

10. Zachilles

Zachilles Well-Known Member

Tohaa rules wise have been great since they were released. Their number one issue is that fireteam triad makes releasing new triad models a pain for CB themselves.

I said this earlier but CB has the power to make any faction they choose popular through sweet models. Look at shas now after they we dropped for poor sales.

11. siri

siri Well-Known Member

I trully hope for a tohaa reborn. But I really think they will be dropped in N4

12. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Remember that the last non-repack release for Tohaa before Spiral was Neema in December 2017. The army just really hasn't gotten any support since mid-2017 when the Sukeul ML dropped.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  13. Abrilete

Truth be told, the new models that Spiral Corps is getting are a good buy for non Spiral Corps players, because they allow anyone that didn't get the box to adquire the new toys at a cheaper price. I mean, you don't have to buy the whole Spiral Corps box to get the Kriigel, the Taagma...

meikyoushisui likes this.
  14. LaughinGod

Warcor

They were just good for this year's mission selection, plus like I said people have general perception that Tohaa are OP so naturally if you own them you would take them to the most important tournament of the year. Also I think release of Spiral reinvigorated some old Tohaa players to start playing them again. I might be wrong, but this seems logical to me. Look at campaigns, Tohaa are one of the factions with fewest players constantly. I doubt this will change this year.
    CB stated several times that Morats were huge sales success, and I am pretty sure sales wise they are best selling alien sectorial. Soon to be eclipsed by Shas probably.
    Also seeing as the CB doesn't intend on doing anything for Merovingia in N4 I don't think there is much hope for Tohaa in the next 4-5 years. And since Spiral are all digital sculps, I don't see any visual identity changes happening for Tohaa ( reusable assest, CB loves them ), except maybe more symbioarmor colors depending on which trooper ate vegan or indian food MRE's that morning.

15. Abrilete

For me, that's a huge bonus, as I already like their style. The only model I don't quite like it is the Kiel-Kun, I feel it to be very similar to its Nomad counterparts.

Also, not only Spiral is digital sculpts: unless I'm mistaken everything Tohaa since the Kotail/Nikoul is digital (maybe even the Clipsos Sniper), so they already have many assets to continue building models. From the older sculpts, I only miss the Rocket Launcher Sakiel (but I'm going to custom build one, so no worries) and the Vulkan Shotgun Ectros.

16. meikyoushisui

They've been good for "this years mission selection" for like the past 3 years now.

Abrilete likes this.
  17. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Honest question. Lets say with completely balanced opponents and missions a pair of well balanced armies should theoretically have a 50/50 win rate.

Assuming all other factors are balanced what do you think the biggest W/L ratio gap is in infinity? And how big do you think that gap is?

18. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

Any army under any player versus me, 95% chance they win. :stuck_out_tongue:

But right now, I'd honestly not know. FRRM seem to be one of the weakest forces again since technically they're still one of the oldest even from when they got patched.

TheRedZealot likes this.
  19. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

So lets assume for a minute that FRRM is the weakest army in the game and we can, based on your other comment, assume that say OSS is the best army in the game.

At what point is a game balanced? Does it only become balanced when the armies have a 50/50 spread all other things being equal? I think most people wouldn't say that because of how near impossible such a feat is. What about 51/49? 55/45? 60/40? By the time we hit 70/30 Id say its hard to argue the game is balanced.

I suppose in some ways Im just venting my frustration at people talking about how unbalanced the new stuff is. I doubt any factions are an even 50/50 split but I seriously doubt that the spread pushes beyond a 60/40. And 60/40 looks pretty balanced to me.

If we wanted to talk unit composition or overly optimal units, thats another question for sure. Some units are just better than others. How many of those units are 'must take'?

20. meikyoushisui

No army with 4 chasseurs is weak. MRRF was still pretty good even before the patch. I would definitely have ranked it above USA before the USA changes (now I'm not sure, will have to see some more USA first).

For external balance, the goal should be no matchups worse than 6/4 and no total advantage/disadvantage of greater than maybe 6 to 9 or so across the whole game? Total disadvantage is the sum of the difference between the average score (5) and your score across matchups in the entire game -- so for example, if in a game with 5 matchups, mine were 5.5/4.5, 6/4, 7/3, 5/5 and 4/6, my sum advantage would be 2.5. For example, it's fine if a faction has a lot of 5.5/4.5s as long as it has a lot the other direction to balance it out, but we don't want a faction to have 5.5/4.5s across the whole game (Since infinity has a total of ~30ish factions, this would give a total advantage of about 15, which is huge.)

For context, here's a chart for Yomi, which went through extensive testing before release. They started testing expansion characters like 3 years before they released them.

I think this is one of the things that CB has maybe not adequately considered with the new string of releases -- getting good data about matchups is increasingly difficult with each new army released, since there are more and more matchups to test.

Abrilete likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation