1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Concillium Watch is an utterly pointless rule it may as well not exist

Discussion in 'ITS' started by Triumph, Sep 2, 2019.

1. Triumph

Triumph Well-Known Member

It's basically a waste of print space.

Purely because for the vast majority of players access to the Journalist rule starts and ends with ONE Warcor. The odds of one incredibly flimsy model making it to the end of the game let alone finding a trooper with a banned weapon to get close to is astronomically low.

Why bother making up a rule that basically nobody will ever put into effect?

vicen85 and Hecaton like this.
  2. LeeroyVinland

LeeroyVinland O-12 Agent

Also, who judges CA?

3. Triumph

Yes, it also makes about as much thematic sense for CA to get judged as it does for O-12 to get judged.

Less sense actually, even the police have to follow rules. CA don't have to do shit.

Not that it matters though as this rule will basically never get used because there practically aren't any journalists in the game. Ironically CA are probably going to be the most frequent user of this rule and they don't even get a say in the Concilium!

4. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

CA moves the footage on the Human Sphere's mayanet, where people will cry against the use of forbidden weaponry against those poor aliens... so it's logical that Dr Worm/Tensho can score for the team.

I assume the other way around serves to incense the populace and make them support the war against the CA XD

At least, it gives +1 point, not like Xenotech, which would force you to use it or lose 1 point! And it's not like they said several times that Peacekkeper woould have no impact in the ITS games...

Oh, wait...

ChoTimberwolf, nazroth and Savnock like this.
  5. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Both new rules (Liason Officer and Concilium Watch) seem not very good as they are overly complicated and feel stitched on old missions.
    Thankfully the latter is only on 3 missions and 1 of them (Decapitation) is already a shitshow so whatever.

No penalties ala not placing multiscanner, so it won't have much effect.

6. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

I'd prefer if CA didn't get Journalists but instead didn't give points to the Concilium Watch rule because they didn't ratify CoCo in the first place.

- Sir, I've got a scoop! Morats caught red-handed using forbidden chain rifles!
    - No shit, Captain Obvious! Way to waste the company's time. You better have some good Oznat nudes too or you can forget about the bonus.

7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Funny thing: Onyx is FORCED to carry a Malignos OA, and forbidden to deploy it in hidden deployment...

BLOODGOD, vicen85 and Hecaton like this.
  8. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

What is overlay complicated by designate a forward observer at the start of the game and if hes alive and outside of the deployment zone of the end of the game you make a wip+3 check and if successful get an objective point?

9. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I think you are wrong and I actually love it. Maybe journalist will eventualy do what they are supposed to and not stand on a roof flashpulsing everything and get shot on the first opportunity.

I don't like the transmission officier rule as much as I don't like it to rely on a dice roll. Still it's ok and thematic.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

• You can't be a Remote nor a Hidden Deployment troop
    • Factions like Onyx are reduced to a single option for that role. Their sole TO troop.
    The problem I see with the Journalist is that, IF people remember to check they will need to check the (reduced) list of stuff forbidden, making the recount of points part of the game last even more -.-

ChoTimberwolf and Hecaton like this.
  11. Triumph

Are you honestly going to have a bunch of spare orders at the end of a tight game and the spare command token to move the Warcor into a combat group that has orders left, and then somehow push it up the table to get into range of a trooper with a banned weapon that isn't in a null state?

I get the idea of the rule, I even like the general idea. It just doesn't work because we don't have the models to do it with.

12. atomicfryingpan

Maybe on the missions that have it players will attempt to keep their warcors alive? Maybe they try to bring stuff that can immobolize troopers and then get a warcor into zone of control? Maybe not jump to conclusions after only an hour of the rule even being live?

13. Marduck

Forbidden stuff is not that complicated to remember : shotguns of all kinf, EM weapons of all kind, direct template weapons of all kind (except riotstopper), mines of all kind.

14. atomicfryingpan

That's still not complicated at all...

Zelaponeepus likes this.
  15. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

don't care about riotstoppers atm, since O12 does need not to abide by those rules... xD

Unfair then? poorly tested?

Luisjoey and Hecaton like this.
  16. Marduck

Really I think yes. If he is still alive at the 3rd round (which is likely if I hide him), there are quiet some chances that there is a skirmisher or any kind of attack piece with a forbidden weapon in the mid-field hidding somewhere. I just need to be in ZoC that's not very hard to do. And maybe it's one of my last option to get a point. So yes, I can see that happen quiet often.

17. Triumph

"Are you honestly going to have a bunch of spare orders at the end of a tight game and the spare command token to move the Warcor into a combat group that has orders left, and then somehow push it up the table to get into range of a trooper with a banned weapon that isn't in a null state?

I get the idea of the rule, I even like the general idea. It just doesn't work because we don't have the models to do it with."

I think you are living in a fantasy land where you have all these spare orders at the end of a game to chase this difficult to achieve, low scoring objective, instead of focusing on the main high scoring objectives and actually winning the game. It's basically like being the guy who keeps losing Firefight because he spends way too many orders looting Panoplies, congrats you spent a tonne of orders on 1pt and a motorbike.... meanwhile your opponent focused on the main objective and won.

#17 Triumph, Sep 2, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  18. Pierzasty

Pierzasty Null-Space Entity

Except Pulzars.
    I'm gonna assume it's a social commentary on the efficiency of legislature/bureaucracy :P

Luisjoey and BLOODGOD like this.
  19. fatherboxx

fatherboxx Mission control, I'm coming home.

Funny you say that because in the ITS document table, Pulzar is missing and Mine dispenser is allowed

LaughinGod and xagroth like this.
  20. Triumph

All Viral weapons bar the mines are legal too. Snipers, CCWs, Pistols... The banned list is pretty weird. Flammenspears are banned but HRLs and Panzerfausts are not?

Luisjoey and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation