1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Story after Wotan and Kurage

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by FreezeZ, Aug 27, 2019.

1. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Because you were suppose to choose location for the campaign battle before you play it. Not choose to apply it wherever you want after the fact.

I had to alternate picking locations with my regular haq opponent quite a bit. And most of my local meta all wanted to play the new mission.

Hecaton likes this.
  2. Lauinav

Lauinav JTF 713 - 'Ironclad'

IIRC you get less faction points for reporting any other mission on a location that isn't the mission tied to it, at least I think this is the way of things. :thinking_face:

That, and if someone is new to the campaign and doesn't know any better, then I'll just post that mission to its tied location.

3. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

As one of the members of ALEPH High Command during Kurage Crisis: ALEPH simply attacked the positions of the Nomads relentlessly from the beginning and even temporarily took control of one of them in order to penetrate the Arachne network, while purging the hidden Shasvaasti elements on this location.
    Then, the strange alliance of the Nomads with Haqqislam did not allow ALEPH to continue to hold this position.
    In the second part of the campaign, we simply protected the revealed Aplekton. If I recall correctly, we lost it a short moment to Ariadna before regaining control until the end of the campaign.

OOC: with a small player base, I must admit it's very difficult to fight against factions like PanOceania or Ariadna, even with an adaptation of the victory points. The dynamics is very different as I could see by myself (I did Flamestrike and Wotan with PanOceania). In ALEPH, none of our players could compete with some commanders playing five games a week. I was happy when I could have one a week...

xagroth, Goonhammer and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  4. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

You actually dont, you can play any mission anywhere, even the special missions. CB just doesnt tell folks that so everyone assumes its the case.

For future reference to campaign players, you can play ANY MISSIONS ANYWHERE YOU WANT.

But I completely understand doing the scenario specific missions at the location, it's definitely thematic.

@Minos I mean it wasnt strange...Nomads, and Haqq have a long standing alliance. While Haqq is somewhat indifferent to ALEPH, it does hold reservations on its control of information. Any tool in the Search for Knowledge should be regarded as valid and Arachne is one of those tools.

xagroth, Doom and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  5. Lauinav

Ah, always just thought that was the case that you got more points for playing the Special Mission in its location. Ah well. :thinking_face:

Second this.
    All the way back to Flamestrike IIRC.

6. theGricks

I mean it might be possible they add extra points on the back end, but I am 99% sure they do not.

7. Minos

Minos Νίκη ἢ Θάνατος

But as you should know, ALEPH's only goal is to protect Humanity as a whole... We were helping the Nomads, even if they didn't understand. Plus: beware of Arachne! Outside ALEPH influence, it can be corrupted by the EI.
    Always remember: ALEPH LOVES U :smile:

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  8. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

1. We 'provided quarentine services' for their troops returning from the Raxxora.

2. We hit pano and aleph a little bit in the start, anything else was just a function of the fact that early on we had a lot of people new to the campaigns, new to the faction etc.. From the start of phase 2 we pretty much entirely focused on taking PanOs hanger since we'd have total air superiority then...

3. Pretty much.
    They almost certainly did give a bonus to playing the designated mission, but along with the bonuses for excellent reporting, the weighted scale of victory, and the discarded and downgraded reports, it was at very least mitigated. Unless they release the full mathematical results we'll never know for sure, but I think saying it doesn't matter is a bit like saying eggs don't matter in cake since you can't dip toast in the yolk...

theGricks likes this.
  9. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

I guarantee you that plenty of people don't know or do and like to do the mission in the area it is themed for.

Hecaton, cazboab and theGricks like this.
  10. FreezeZ

FreezeZ Well-Known Member

I have started this thread to get info about them that was published only in books. And now I see here really interesting conversation. I was watching both Kurage and Wotan from sidelanes so my point of view can be limited. And as I am Ariadna player I was watching my faction more than the others.

Wotan:
    If I remeber correctly whole narration that Ariadna is evil and untrusworthy started in final phase after PanO assault on CA zone and after Ariadna attacked PanO zone which was more or less left empty. Now I may be lying but Ariadna was there under O-12 mandate and it was rational to secure undefended part of the blockade. I dont know how Haqq reached conlusian that it was act of aggresion but I don't rember any statements from Ariadna saying that they are taking base for themselves. Only PanO information channels were saying that. So I don't know what happened that Haqq has jumped to conlusion that Ariadna is bad

Kurage:
    We are on Dawn and Ariadna has policy that whole Dawn is theirs. They have attacked obvious places: NA2 and PanO bases. NA2 from story perspective was most rational target. Fresh player on Dawn, weak, cut from their nation easy to kill if not for plot armour in missions. PanO on the other hand is the biggest faction but on Dawn they douldn't count on constant reinforcemnts. Kicking them off the planet would send the signal to rest of Factions and secure Ariadna claims. Also from gameplay perspective it's more funt to fight against stronger enemy than bullying weak ones. During campaign Ariadna was almost instantly attacked by both NA2 and Tohaa. First one had their reasons but second one not that much. It was unprovoked aggresion from so called ally of humanity and Haqq says that they are good and trustworhy?

Also @theGricks I don't now why but every time I see your avatar it cofuse me. Each time I look at it Isee some arabian writing. It's amusing.

#30 FreezeZ, Aug 29, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  11. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I understand that's a matter of some debate.

12. theGricks

Its a face! This one :3 kinda like a cat.

As for perceived aggression, in Wotan, the expectation generated through diplomatic channels was that humanity would attack the Raxora, and it was expected Ariadna would be there to do that. Instead we see Ariadna "Defending the Pano territory" which was unnecessary and not asked for. This is what sparked the Ariadnan distrust. Kurage was a bit more vague. The island was not classified via O-12 as belonging to the Ariadnan nation. Nomads, Pano, and Haqqislam had interest only in keeping their holdings secure. Until Ariadna began attacking, and then their allies Yu Jing. Following this, hostilities intensified against all diplomatic overtures.

13. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Well, there was also that whole Ariadnan plan to capture and steal the Nomad space station during Wotan.

You know, the thing that is literally published in Daedalus' Fall.

That was probably a factor in the whole "Ariadna is turning on everyone" narrative.

14. Hecaton

They never turned on Yu Jing.

15. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Yet.

16. Hecaton

I suppose I can't fault you for recognizing a pattern.

Abrilete likes this.
  17. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

I mean, sure, but Haqqislam did (a point which was quickly glossed over after masterful PR by the Haqq team, well done to them).

Dragonstriker likes this.
  18. Lauinav

Well, no one else was going to save those Noodles... :thinking_face:

Section9, Doom and AdmiralJCJF like this.
  19. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

In wotan ariadna was a security force chosen by o12, nomads had shasbastii eggs on board and that was more than enough to start severe investigations on them (we have nothing against them as a nation). But ariadna as a nation in the lore is placed in a difficult spot, and so the stavka had his own agenda, adquire as much technology as possible to achieve an advance in space defence for dawn territory.

Kurage in the other hand was ariadna territory and so it become a free for all. Ariadna has nothing against particular human factions. But we are going to make whatever is necessary to defend our territory and autonomy.

20. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

I can't comment on the events of Wotan as I was not involved with that particular conflict, but Ariadna outright offered the JSA a truce and legitimacy within what is rightfully Ariadnan sovereign territory at the very outset of the Kurage campaign, and they responded with an insult.

It was pretty disheartening to see that when we tried to be diplomatic for a change.

And, to be clear, any brushes between Ariadnan military and the nation of Haqqislam in the early days of Kurage were probably misunderstandings.

The PanOceanian invaders, their Japanese lapdogs and the aliens are our only true enemies since the truce with the State-Empire.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation