1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Story after Wotan and Kurage

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by FreezeZ, Aug 27, 2019.

1. FreezeZ

FreezeZ Well-Known Member

Can some good soul tell me how last 2 campaigns were concluded storywise?

2. cazboab

cazboab Definitely not Cazboaz.

Well after Wotan someone called "Cazboaz" is wanted for questioning regarding potential war crimes and there are a few bits dotted around the newer fluff in the last couple of books, but Kurage's story hasn't made it to print yet IIRC...

3. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Wotan: Pano intercepted the CA ship going for Svalarheima Huang-Dhì and saved the day, except the ship was later highjacked by the Triumvirate to destroy the Deadalus Gate. Meanwhile, Yu-jing was bombarding its own assets with a maniacal laughter just to kill soon-to-be-traitors, who realized they were busted and started their pitiful Uprising. Minor powers were busy being irrelevant, as always.

Kurage Crisis: Pano got its ass rightfully kicked by the hillbillies proud people of Dawn, but their medling in Yu-jing's internal affairs stopped the State Empire from reclaiming territories stolen by the Japanese traitors during the Uprising. We don't know yet if any of this will have any repercussion in the human sphere, but this event has at least revealed cracks in japanese's plot armor which could endanger their pathetic rebellion. Haqqis and Nomads were holding hands and stuff, like the degenerates they are.

#3 Sedral, Aug 27, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  4. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

This is actually a surprisingly good summary.

Barring the error in nomenclature with regard to the system beyond the Wotan gate ;-)

Ayadan and SpectralOwl like this.
  5. Sedral

Sedral Jīnshān Task Force Officier

Indeed, I mispelled Huangdi. Many thanks for pointing it out, you filthy corporatist!

SpectralOwl likes this.
  6. AdmiralJCJF

The most amusing part is that, even when it's Yujingese telling the story, it's all about PanOceania.

7. FreezeZ

FreezeZ Well-Known Member

Thanks for info.
    What happened with project Buran?

8. AdmiralJCJF

It got featured in one of the CB books!

cazboab, A Mão Esquerda and Abrilete like this.
  9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I think Pan-O is most Yu Jing player's preferred nemesis. Yu Jing is trying to become number 1 and I don't think many feel there is a need for CB to invent small fry for us to tangle with.

10. SKOZZOKONZ

SKOZZOKONZ Well-Known Member

I mean it wouldn't have to be about pano if haqq, aleph and nomads did something wild.

*monkeys paw finger curls up*

11. Kiwi Steve

Kiwi Steve Well-Known Member

It is hard to 'do something wild' without a few heavy hitters, a good community of active players and a decent sized player base, which unfortunately these factions lacked some or all of.

Full credit to factions who took these risks last time. Particularly those who didn't have all the above.

I feel like Yu Jing should have been the "winners" of kurage crisis, but also feel that a narrative campaigns with multiple factions shouldn't have a single "winner".

theGricks likes this.
  12. theGricks

theGricks Well-Known Member

Haqqislam took the Baijing Orbital...erm...ahem..."helped to medically aid the citizens of Baijing"...aka Haqqislam took the Yu Jing territory...that seems to usually get swept under the rug. Probably for the best.

cazboab, Abrilete and xagroth like this.
  13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

I'm sure that if YJ asked nicely, Haqq would give it back. I could make a comparison to the US having a carrier group or amphibious group show up after a major disaster, and deploying the military into another nation's territory is usually an act of war unless invited in or in MAJOR extremis situations.

But it could be that the Baijing Orbital was not making enough money to support it's operations/repairs/whatever, so YJ has said "it's all yours, suckers, thanks for the help!"

Abrilete likes this.
  14. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

To me that's why the scale of these things is all wrong. These should be more cloak-and-dagger conflicts, perhaps with a backdrop of a wider warzone, but we shouldn't be fighting the future version of Russia's recent activities in Crimea. Less map-painting and more rpg-like "find the macguffin" or "rescue the informant."

Dragonstriker and smog like this.
  15. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Oh yeah, and everyone hates Ariadna now for some reason
    Except Yu Jing, who turned out to be great allies after the Japanese decided to spit on our olive branch
    Thankfully though this campaign, unlike the last, does not directly threaten sovereign Ariadnan territory, so I'm hoping we can downgrade that hate to just "dislike"

16. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

You can have it back when we are assured beyond reasonable doubt that the citizens of the Baijing Orbital will enjoy the same rights and freedoms under Yu Jing control that they currently do under Haqqislamite jurisdiction.

Section9 and Abrilete like this.
  17. theGricks

1. Ariadna attacked Pano in the back when the Combined ship showed up and they lead the assault onto it. That is why.

2. Ariadna tried attacking everyone in Kurage (except Yu Jing), and again had a weird vendetta against Panoceania.

3. Ariadna as a in-game national identity, has been very arrogant and boastful. While it is deserved, it does rankle folks.

Dragonstriker and Abrilete like this.
  18. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

I don't recall any Ariadnan offensives on Haq or Nomads during Kurage. Just PanO and Aleph. I think there was an early one against NA2 but it got dropped really quickly.

19. theGricks

In the first few days, Ariadna hit Duban, but we weren't sure if this was a concentrated effort or just a bunch of Ariadnans wanting to do the new mission, as it subsided fairly quick. The problem Haqq has in the beginning is we almost always have one of the brand new missions, so we get hit early on by folks wanting to do the mission, so our intelligence efforts go completely out of whack. Is this an early attack? Is this people playing the mission?

This is usually the primary reason why we focus on defense first.

AdmiralJCJF, Lauinav, Urobros and 2 others like this.
  20. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

But you can report any mission in any location, I think... so why? XD

Urobros likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation