1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Asteroid Blues - Arrival

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by AdmiralJCJF, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Jimbro

Jimbro Camouflage Token

A prominent person in one of the faction groups blatantly cheats, and gets away with it, and you think the situation is 'being taken care of'?

2. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Except a prominent cheater, perhaps the MOST prominent cheater, is still here BAU?

The cognitive dissonance is too much for me.

KestrelM1, Jimbro and Hecaton like this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Not quite sure the campaign is serious business enough to warrant the concern. But if you are concerned, just keep an eye on it and report if you see anything you don't like. If the apparatus for reporting players existed last year, it will exist again this year. That seems like an easy solution. I'll certainly feel better, knowing we have so many nerdpoint super police keeping us safe.

4. Jimbro

Jimbro Camouflage Token

Obviously reporting it didn't work last time, so why wait for it to become an issue this time? Go ahead and be dismissive though, I'm sure the known cheater appreciates your support, and will give you many nerdpoints for trying to downplay the issue.

5. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Don’t worry, MiniLuv is here to protect against possible wrongfun.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  6. A Mão Esquerda

Except the final tallies for the campaign belie that statement... but, hey, you do you and complain about an entirely optional thing, one that already has a built, functioning mechanism to address your complaint...

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  7. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Are you calling me out here, for some reason?

8. A Mão Esquerda

If the folks who run it have looked at it and made their own decision, why complain about it? Are you going to change their minds by mudslinging when they’ve already come to a decision, well over a year ago?

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  9. Jimbro

Jimbro Camouflage Token

"No, there's no problem here! Pay no attention to the cheater behind the curtain!"

Playing the game at all is entirely optional, but I'd prefer to do so without having to deal with cheaters. Given that we don't live in a world where such people don't exist, it's probably fair to call people out for shitty behaviour, and ask that they actually be punished for it. Or are you denying that AdmiralJCJF intentionally gamed the system, falsified reports, and encouraged others to do so?

If the system were working as intended, there wouldn't be complaints.

Oh, okay, it happened a year ago and nothing of substance was done, so I guess all is forgiven.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  10. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Last time, even though falsified battle reports were thrown out at the end, they had a significant effect on the campaign, leading Ariadna players to believe they couldn't split their efforts between attack and defense. In actuality, since so many of PanO's batreps were fraudulent, Ariadna could have both attacked PanO and defended against the Tohaa. In a lot of ways, the cheating acconplished its goals even if the batreps were deleted.

11. meikyoushisui

Uh, did you not see this comment, quoted below for posterity?

12. meikyoushisui

You're right, I can just cheat every year, because by the next year everything HAS to be forgiven!

It's not mudslinging to tell the truth. A few forum users deliberated last year over whether to make these accusations public, and decided not to. In light of CBs response (or lack thereof) I believe fully that that was a mistake, since CB apparently did not do anything about it, or at very least not nearly enough.

Pierzasty and Jimbro like this.
  13. SpectralOwl

What accusations? I was around for Kurage but not as active as I am these days, and never heard anything about organised cheating.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  14. meikyoushisui

See the imgur gallery in the comment I quoted above the comment of mine you just quoted.

Not organized cheating, but cheating on a large scale with no consequences.

Hecaton likes this.
  15. A Mão Esquerda

Done and dusted, brought to CB and BoW (now OTT)’s attention and resolves to their satisfaction.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  16. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

Oh, no, I didn't.

Well, that's one way to take something totally out of context and use it quite offensively.

I guess if you agree with that and are going to insist on discussing it here then I should deal with you the same way I did with that poster.

Thanks for letting me know what to do!

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  17. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

This is what you should do.

Reporting a cheating report tags it to be reviewed by staff once at a time. Numbers were changed just before the report from phases (hence the delay on those reports). Things may not be Ideal, but there is concern over the matter.

I really don't know what you want. There's a bunch of players like you constantly flaming about "cheats" and asking for a deathsentence or something like that... What exactly do you want? player Bans? remove reports at first suspicion? erase profiles? a personal witness paid by CB taking notes about your games? A literary contest to se what faction writes better stories? or just make your faction to win because you say so, because your word means more that the one of another player?

This is just a game And I aim to have fun playing it. Sincerely, all of that stuff I said earlier would damage that on some way. I just want to have some fun, take some victories for my faction and have an excuse to write some reports

18. meikyoushisui

Bans (even just from participating in future campaigns) would be acceptable. If it was a regular player, I could see a strong reprimand plus invalidation of their battle reports. But the player in question is a Warcor. Is this really who CB wants representing their game to the community and to new players?

oldGregg likes this.
  19. meikyoushisui

So what's the context then? Again, these accusations aren't mine, but they are very damning, no?

20. Jimbro

Jimbro Camouflage Token

Their failure to properly resolve the issue doesn't constitute a 'pass', and if you had any scruples you'd feel the same way. For the sake of clarity, when I say 'properly' here, I'm not referring to just deleting suspect battle reports. You can be banned from ITS events, and I feel that policy should extend to online narrative play (to the best of the ability of the organisers, at least).

You don't have to take anyone's word for it, there's proof of cheating going on, and the guy can still participate (prominently, even) in these campaigns. You don't see an issue with that?

Hey kids! Been accused of cheating? Well don't worry, just block them and it'll alllll go away!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation