1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Xenotechs Can Go to Hell

Discussion in 'Access Guide to the Human Sphere' started by Anansi, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Anansi

Anansi Achilles' Thigh Oiler

That is all.

Abydog, nazroth, Modock and 3 others like this.
  2. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

We *should* be rid of them in ITS XI.

3. Alfy

Alfy Well-Known Member

Isn’t that technically Xenophobia?

4. Anansi

No, but the Combined Army can go to hell too, and that's definitely xenophobia. Humanity 4 Lyfe, yo.

Shoitaan, Solar and Barrogh like this.
  5. Hecaton

*Looks at ITS standings*

Nah, Combined Army's doing all right.

6. Anansi

You mean in a game play perspective? Yeah, they're alright, but lore wise? They should just bugger off and let the human sphere blow itself up.

#6 Anansi, Aug 25, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2019
    meikyoushisui likes this.
  7. Hecaton

Well I mean lore wise they've won like the last three story events.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  8. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I'd be okay with them if they generated an extra irregular order for the trooper synced to them, like Tac Aware.

Shoitaan, Savnock and meikyoushisui like this.
  9. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

This would be a great buff for them. Would make Xenotech feel like a situational advantage with some drawbacks instead of a penalty for low order count lists.

theradrussian likes this.
  10. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I don't really think the Xenotech will be a design principle worth salvaging as long as the solution is for them to keep being a non-interactive order hog. If they generated a TacAware order, then sure they'd be able to ferry their host a bit better, but ultimately they'd still be 2+ orders to avoid the penalty (points penalties like this are seldom a good idea, btw) and little else. Your opponent still won't be able to stop it because they can't do anything to the Xenotech.

I think that if this or a similar concept is desirable they should instead allow stun attacks to be able to target the Xenotech, with the Stunned state causing it to lose synchronisation.

11. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

Lore wise they are spanking the whole human sphere in Paradisio and well on their way to destroying Tohaa (with one third of the tohaa empire septorized and now fighting on their side)

12. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Or make the xenotech a "free" irregular trooper that can act independently
    By "free" I mean he doesn't take space in the combat group and has his own irregular order that can't be made regular
    Some people were pulling some neat tricks like kidnapping the enemy xenotech and using them to fulfill the objective, allow stuff like that to happen

Or at least, it would have been cool if it were like that, but they are definitely going away in a couple of weeks

13. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I have, unfortunately, been less than good about keeping up with the fluff. Was this confirmed, or just speculation? I know that some argue that they must have been sepsitorized (along with Ko Dali and Bit) because of course they can't be bad, but if the EI can "convince" entire alien races to follow along without the need for sepsitorization, I think it's perfectly reasonable for individuals and even whole subsections of a race to "see the light" as it were.

xagroth and Savnock like this.
  14. Hecaton

The Sygmaa aren't Sepsitorized, just subject to a lot of propaganda.

15. Arkhos94

Roughly, from what I remember : when a race is assimilated by EI, everyone got their cube replaced by an EI model (which of course is describe as better).

To that, it's strongly implied that EI can make people more "EI friendly" (which to me mean septorized)

Abrilete likes this.
  16. Hecaton

Those are different things. The Sepsitor turns people into more or less zombies, according to Bostria.

17. Arkhos94

Based on Ko Dali/Bit, it's likely EI has access to a less invasive form of sepsitorisation, like rewriting some 0 and some 1 in the cube to change people loyalty

18. Hecaton

Bostria also specifically said "Ko Dali is special" and Bit seems to be a bit of a victim of propaganda more than the sepsitor.

19. Brother Smoke

Brother Smoke Bureau Trimurti Representative

Sepsitor seems to me like a more violent form of cube-highjacking that more or less destroys the person's psyche, but I don't doubt the EI is capable of personality modification at a more subtle level if the subjects allow it full access to their cubes. Like Bit might not have been quite brain blasted but once she was taken she must have had some degree of nudging done at the cube level.

As for Ko Dali, that was full on sepsitor, but her psyche must have been rebuilt

DaRedOne, xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  20. Weathercock

Weathercock Well-Known Member

I'm also under the assumption that a reconstruction of Ko Dali's personality was done at the same time as her body was. Basically an EI version of a recreation, but using the actual person as the base.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation