1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Combined Army in N4

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by psychoticstorm, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I like to deploy him prone on a rooftop to keep him safe. I favor the Samaritan in missions where there's a Designated Target (Free snack) and especially in missions with closer deployment zones. If my opponent's DZ is only 16" away from mine, the chance that he's going to be able to run in and cause some mayhem is much higher. He's also good for getting people on rooftops in the midfield; in my opinion it's bad table design to have buildings with no roof access, since people put Jammers up there, but the Samaritan is good for dealing with them.

Penemue likes this.
  2. Penemue

Penemue Watcher
    Warcor

Cool, points well taken. I find him too pricy for his fragility, but you've given me something to think about :)

3. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Samaritan also benefits from vanilla’s access to smoke. I’ve found that a Daturazi+Samaritan package is even more terrifying than just Daturazi or just a Samaritan.

Sabin76 and Hecaton like this.
  4. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Think the Umbras both need a slight stat boost to bring them in line with their fluff. +1 BS on both, and maybe +1 PH on the Samaritan, would help quite a bit. NCO and some more varied weapon loadouts (eg. pulzars or zappers, or a plasma DTW) would also be appropriate.

5. Hecaton

Yo if it was about fluff I'd hate to see what the Asawira's cc stat is like.

For real, though dropping a point of armor off the Samaritan and gaining a point of PH would be huge. Actually, by the way they value armor, +2 PH (to 14) would be viable, for losing one point of armor.

6. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Dodge 4" on 17s in the reactive... juicy!

Judge Dredd and Hecaton like this.
  7. Edtaher

Edtaher Active Member

Hello!

I can share my opinion on Onyx, because is the only part of CA that I play at the time.

My main concern is about:

- Obvious Lieutenant
    - Umbras way out of the current metagame (they are so fragile)
    - Lack of protection against LoL
    - Too slow faction (we have just a few midfield profiles)

8. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I'd just like to point out that it is both 1 and 3 together that creates a problem. An obvious Lt. is not a problem in MAF, nor is having little to no LoL protection a problem in a faction that can hide its Lt. effectively.

9. Doppelgganger

Doppelgganger Well-Known Member

What about make the xeodrones the onyx's ip and give them with the overdrone, autotool, because fluf reasons

DaRedOne likes this.
  10. Hecaton

They should be autotool, honestly.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  11. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Autotool would be great on the Xeodrons and Overdrone, but it wouldn't help Onyx any.

Hecaton and Doppelgganger like this.
  12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Unless we're talking about putting the ei aspects into oynx, in which case my interest in the sectorial has spiked massively.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  13. Doppelgganger

maybe put one diferent aspect per sectorial

14. bloodw4ke

bloodw4ke Well-Known Member

I could see Skiavoros fitting into Onyx (...aside from being yet another reason to ignore Umbra).

15. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Maybe Umbras will see some changes in N4. They're obviously posed as Onyx main leaders, yet the sectorial lacks tools to really pull it off.

theradrussian likes this.
  16. Hecaton

I doubt they will be. They sold the models.

theradrussian likes this.
  17. Doppelgganger

More worm units, or perhaps is dcworm the last of his race?

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  18. Dr. Nik

Dr. Nik Well-Known Member
    Warcor

If it is a wishlist it would be rather long because in general I would love to be able to field units which I don't normally use in competitive games.

Vanilla.

First of all aspects. Only one of them is good enough for competitive (Charontid), two (Avatar and Anaphematic) are strange choices and last one (Skiavoros) is totally useless and overpriced. Price drop, more sepsitor options, lt lvl 2 and stat buff (move, bs, arm) for Anaphematic would be cool. Just compare them with Achilles :) Oh, and Mnemonica should ignore isolate considering the price for it. Or Veteran for everyone.

Morats. Of all the morats the only viable option is Daturazi and maybe Kurgat as a cheap engineer. Everything else is overpriced and comparing to other models in vanilla makes no sense. New Shasvastii bring many new toys and tricks for Vanilla - let's hope for Morats again.

Onyx.

Please do something with Umbras. They are supposed to be uberfighters but seems to be more like Aleph beta Steel Phalanx. ODD, LT lvl 2? NCO, wildcard, better BS, better PH, some more skills and options. Just compare Umbra Legate with Hyppolita for example or Eudoros.

Maakrep is just bad. How about Neurocinetics and Mimetism or Sapper for the same price? Also it is the only grenade option with PH 11 - not funny.

Suryats - how about haris option with M Drones? Would make sense to take both of them :)

How about at least exlipse smoke?

Morats.

They were redone and in general are cool but everything cost too much for what it does. Morat rules redone or made cheaper. How about mimetism or dogged or BS or MOV buff? They are just overpriced Securitate with Gakis and Pretas.

Rasyat why are you so expensive? Something like Liu Xing Explode LX would answer that question.

Yaogat should get some cheaper haris option in order to be usefull.

Shasvasti.

Are good where they are.

19. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

They are synthetic constructs. Here’s their old background, which also provides the fluff justification for why there are not Morat/Shasvastii doctors in Vanilla CA.

The principal problem facing the Combined Army is it’s diversity. To reduce supply and management problems, the armed forces of the different races that comprise the Combined Army have similar basic equipment. But the medical services can’t handle their problems so easily.

A field hospital can’t be separated into sections according to race because it would require too many personnel and would be unoperational. The maintenance of the equipment and machinery of the Combined Army presents the same level of complexity as the sanitary assistance. To resolve these problems, the Ur Rationalists developed the Med-Tech line, bio-artificial intelligent units, adapted to the medical necessities and the technical maintenance of the Combined Army.

The Med-Tech are bio-cybernetic units, that have a rapid-access library, stocked with medical-sanitary programs for each race ( the human included ), and also complex technical programs for electronic engineering and military use. A Nano-forge is installed on the back of the unit so that it can create the nanobots needed to heal a member that has fallen in battle. The Nano-forge also gives the Med-Tech the option to reconfigure the tools and handling equipment, to nano-adapt them to the necessities of the moment. The current version is the tactical evolution of the series: faster, more shielded and armed that its predecessors. The Óbsidon Medchanoid has been designed and adapted exclusively to operate under the toughest frontline combat conditions.​

20. bloodw4ke

bloodw4ke Well-Known Member

That makes sense from a vanilla (or Onyx) perspective, but less so for sectorials where the composition of morats/shasvastii/exrah(?) are more homogenous. But I wonder, if you have an infiltrating force of Shasvastii, who's doing the surgical work to conceal speculo agents/killers as human? Seems like it would be harder to smuggle a giant worm around than roughly human-sized bipeds.

It'd be cool to see something like a Shasvastii / Morat Doctor for those sectorials, with AVA 0 in vanilla (kind of like how they did for Gwailo).

Doppelgganger likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation