1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VI INTERPLANETARIO

Discussion in 'Events & Tournaments' started by Interplanetario, Feb 14, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Heard a lot of games were only going 2 rounds with the schedule. Kind of a bummer.

2. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

2 hours is definitely too short. I don't think they took into account that game progresses much slower when you have 2 people from different countries with varying degrees of English language knowledge. Last round, next to me was a Spanish guy that had to call the judge to translate all of the enemy's units abilities and weapons for him because he speaks almost no English. You can imagine games like that can't really progress at a normal pace.
    Poor lighting and air conditioning doesn't help speeding things up either. One of my opponents had to leave the table twice to get some water during the game.

3. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Member

I was a TO for many years and also Warcor so based on this experience every TO has to find a middle ground in putting players not too much under stress but also keeping the smooth flow of the tournament and timetable in mind.

Tournaments are always more stressful than private games but everybody who signs up for a tournament should know that they need to shape up and concentrate more. 2 hours usually is enogh for experienced players but with tournaments like these with international participans it is an added challenge.

Under optimal conditions players would prepare themselves to cover shortcomings (in the case of the mentioned spanish player with no english skill he could have printed out a master list of weapons in spanish and use it as a reference) but in reality even experienced players sometimes can hold back the entire tournament (i had players in a game that were amongst the top 10 but still didn't understand the tournament rules and victory point calculation that only needed absolute basic subtraction/addition of points).

WIth an event the size of the Interplanetario it is inevitable that slower players will run into problems but the other side means that the whole tournament with 100+ players gets delayed because of a few players and a decision has to be made to keep the whole tournament running so this may mean stepping on a few toes to keep everybody else happy.

Urobros likes this.
  4. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

We had a Satellite with 2.15 time limits and it seemed to work pretty well. Made most games relaxed for time and the few that run late able to hustle it out.

Zewrath, Urobros, chromedog and 2 others like this.
  5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

First, let's thanks the people who organized this tournament. This was my first interplanetario and I left very happy with the experience.

Ihad the chance to play the kraken master. Each opponent I faced did little or no mistake, each game (lost or won) was a hard fight from the beginning to the end, I fought hard for each objective point I won and so did my opponents. It was hard but it was fun. I was also quite happy to see (and in one case fight, thanks @daboarder for the game) people whose name I knew only through the forum.

Regarding the time limit, I will have to disagree with the comments above regarding time. The time we had was enough and all my game but one ended up with 3 turn played before the time limite (not a lot of time before, but still), and one of my list had 23 orders. This being said, all Kraken player where experienced player so we lost very little time discussing rule, which help a lot when you are on limited time.

The only true bad point was the absence on light on the second game, playing with so little light that another player had to use his phone light to help us find all our minis and marker...

Khalipo, HellLois, Abrilete and 4 others like this.
  6. Hecaton

Hmmm, people I talked to said the opposite.

On an unrelated note, I heard it was ruled that Jammers don't receive fireteam bonuses at the IP. Does anyone know if that's true?

7. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

That did happen during the live streaming. @HellLois for some reason ruled it that way at some point during Sathuli's turn.

8. Hecaton

Well that's fucking wack.

9. Pyra

Pyra Warmongering Potatoe

It is super bad looking. What is the correct interpretation? After soo many topics on forum, faqs, faqs to faqs we still do NOT know the correct answer...

xagroth, Lesh' and Hecaton like this.
  10. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

I didnt like the time limit. It felt that you had no time to consider options. And in at least 3 of my games i felt my opponents were particularly slow in deployment and early game. Which i found put uncomfortable pressure on my to play faster and in a less controlled manner.

I can see now why some players have said they like to take a hammer in each list so that if these issues occur they can always opt for a blunt force approach.

I was also surprised at the different standards of tournament readiness (lof marking, courtesy lists ect) and clean play in (measuring all moves even short ones, clean measuring of movement) in dofferemt metas. Perhaps its because of the standard i hold myself too but i expected better from some opponents.

@Arkhos94 it was great to play you thank you again for the game..hopefully i can see you next year as well

11. ZlaKhon

ZlaKhon New scale enthusiast

The German meta solved the timing problem quite well with chess clocks. If the round is 2h, every player gets 1h on his clock and can spend them however they please.

12. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Its never been an issue in aus. People seem to be more conscious of being efficient with their time (seems to be something newer players learn quickly back home) but having played in inter now i can see some appeal to that kind of system for smoothing out interactions between the different approaches and attitudes to the game that occur across the meta mix

Tristan228 and ZlaKhon like this.
  13. Knauf

Knauf Transhumanist

Is there any way of seeing the lists from the tournament?

14. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hello,

as short version, I was defeated in almost every match. Only one "victory". This year wasn`t my year not at all. Except a couple of games (yes,@GrindCore I'am looking you...), I can't say "it was a bad luck thing". Yes, most of the games were decided for a few final rolls, but not bad luck or good luck. Only a littlel less lucky than my opponents and I believe is how when you played well the victory comes. But even loosing 5 of 6 I had a lot of fun. And that is why is worthy go into events like this. The thing I found less cool was I had to play against 3 players of my local meta. So, only the other 3 were "refreshing" in playstyles. Even when this guys are nice guys, I would prefer after traveling a lot of km (miles), not to play against people which I play almost every month one or two times. But I'am aware that this is really hard to avoid in the swiss tournament system.

About the time, I feel it more or less enought. I ended all the game in time except the first one, but I only missed one order which only could change how many points my rival could do. Some games even ended 30 minutes or more before the limit time.

Not only happen during the live streaming, in a few matches this rule was applied. The thing is that maybe not all the players were aware about the refferees resolution in this point or even the division among the community. Maybe a little chat before the first game about what rules or decisions over conflictive matters were made, would have been well. So, not surprises in the latest match.

When I'am totally agree (rules in hand) about the jammer not receiving the +1 burst mod, I'am totatally disagree with the non +3 to will, because in the first case the bonus it goes to the "CD weapon" and jammer don't have the label "cd weapon", but the +3 bonus to CD apply when the troup do a CD attack, and jammer, at least now, is a CD attack.

So, in this point, if I had some complaint about the decision made is the lack of information to all players, because it was a coflictive point and a pilar on a few deployment strategies.

15. Urobros

Latest year all the list were published not so far from the event date. So, if they do the same this year in a few weeks all the list will be published, but for a better answer maybe we should wait some peoplee from the staff :)

Knauf likes this.
  16. Doa

Doa Well-Known Member

Are you sure? I remember cb share all list from 2017 interplanetary but no list, except winner's list, in 2018 interplanetario

17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Will the lists and total results be available somewhere ?

Goorie likes this.
  18. Urobros

Yes, I'am sure. When they posted in Corvus Blog the interview to the Interplanetario winner and his lists, in the end of the interview was a link to a zip with all the lists sending for the players. So, the link exits but probably it wasn't easy to find.

:)

The results you can now checked in the its page:

https://its.infinitythegame.com/event/141f26795-vi-interplanetario-kraken-masters
    https://its.infinitythegame.com/event/4e8226e45-vi-interplanetario-pulpi-prodigies

Abrilete, Goorie, Lesh' and 2 others like this.
  19. n21lv

n21lv SymbioHate

Well, in fact, none of the BS weapons do, so your argument is moot. I agree that B2 WIP15 Jammer is a wee over the top, but rules are pretty clear on the matter. A Technical Weapon capable of BS Attacks is still a BS Weapon, it just has the Technical Label Trait that changes the attribute used for declaring the attack.

Hecaton, daboarder and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  20. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

There can I see which armys got played? Who played which army? I am curious which armys got the first ten places

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation