1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crazy Tournament Combination

Discussion in 'PanOceania' started by ThananRollice, Aug 9, 2019.

1. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

I have a local tournament coming up with a LOT of tournament mods. It's a Soldiers of Fortune, Limited Insertion, 12xp Spec Ops tournament. The missions are Transmission Matrix, Highly Classified, and Decapitation.

I'm considering Vanilla PanO to leverage Nisse with a durable smoke thrower like McMurrough. I feel like a Joan Lt is useful, to mitigate the cost of the SoF mercenaries as well as transforming their irregular orders into regular ones. In order to save points, I also think the Spec Ops should try to cover the role of healer and defender in the list, possibly bringing Doctor, Engineer, and minelayer, for example.

How would you guys approach this tournament? Is there a sectorial that you think would be better suited for this? I appreciate any feedback or advice you could give.

#1 ThananRollice, Aug 9, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  2. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Theres a lot of interesting alleys you can go with this. Joan is a definite consideration. You could try running her pain train supported by mercs. Yojimbo and mcmurrogh can bother really benefit that team stretching that order pool out and giving them smoke cover. Making your spec ops a guy to fill in the blanks. Or just run a magister link and go all out with a spitfire of your choosing.

3. ThananRollice

Warcor

Transmission matrix makes me concerned, though. Won't a HI link be fairly vulnerable to hackers in a mission that requires you to be close to the antennas?

4. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Depends. If the HI have stealth, then that negates most of the issues moving around in it. The Santiago with KHD is actually quite nasty giving out a -6 mod with redrum. The other part is the school of thought that you simply avoid hacking altogether with some factions. This can lead to very lopsided match ups with factions notable for hackable and having ample hackers avoiding it altogether. And if there are hackers you are worried about, you can send something in the list to go kill it to death. Yo Jimbo is very fast and he can make hackers very uncomfortable with his koalas if they are also worried about a Santiago about to cream their brains out of their skull.

5. AdmiralJCJF

AdmiralJCJF Heart of the Hyperpower

There are too many solid linkable Hackers out there these days for me to feel confident running HI aggressively in Transmission Matrix, even if they do have Stealth.

theradrussian likes this.
  6. ThananRollice

Warcor

What about this list for Transmission Matrix? Noone is hackable other than Joan, it features two survivable smoke throwers and a Kamau MSV2 sniper and Nisse HMG to take advantage of it. It's a pretty aggressive list, but I feel like a lot of Transmission matrix depends on your ability to hold the center objective. Any advice?

PanOceania──────────────────────────────────────────────────[​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]1 JOAN OF ARC Lieutenant MULTI Rifle, Nanopulser / Pistol, DA CCW. (+1 | 50) McMURROUGH 2 Chain Rifles, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Templar CCW (AP + DA). (0 | 32) SAITO TOGAN Combi Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, EXP CCW, Knife. (0 | 39) NISSE HMG / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34) KAMAU (Multispectral Visor L2) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32) CROC MAN (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31) LOCUST Boarding Shotgun, Grenades, Drop Bears / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0 | 30) FUSILIER (Infinity Spec-Ops) (12 XP) (WIP:13, Doctor, Engineer) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife, Assault Pistol. (0 | 11) PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3) ZULU-COBRA (Sensor) Combi Rifle, Jammer / Assault Pistol, Knife. (0 | 29) HELOT MILITIAMAN Submachine Gun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 9) 5 SWC | 300 PointsOpen in Infinity Army

7. ThananRollice

Warcor

If I get to go first, the Locust will be named the Datatracker and move to hunt the designated target. If I have to go second, I'm considering McMurrogh or Joan as the datatracker, but might consider the Locust if I can get her into a defendable position.

8. Ayadan

Ayadan Knight of the TAG Order

Is it normal that you have Transmission Matrix two times?

9. camsbell

camsbell Member

McMurrogh can't be datatracker as he is irregular.

10. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

¿Dont' could be McMurrogh the datatracker even with Joan special rule: "Inspiring Leadership"? Don't convert this rule Irregular training in regular (because Joan is regular)?

<<
    Comming back to the main thema: "options", to play HI wit MO could be a really good bluff, I don't believe nobody will be waiting this kind of list when playing "Transmision Matrix", so you could have the surprise in your side. And yes, they are hackers in "fireteams" but not so much. And probably all players will be avoing include hackers in fireteams in order to not have "that weakness in his side". So, maybe you could try ;)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  11. ThananRollice

Warcor

What do you mean? Sorry, I dont understand.

12. Urobros

I think he is refering to that.
    :)

ThananRollice and Ayadan like this.
  13. ThananRollice

Warcor

I'm an idiot. Thank you. I meant to say Transmission matrix, Highly Classified and Decapitation. Can you tell I'm concerned about Transmission matrix? Hahaha

Urobros and Ayadan like this.
  14. ThananRollice

Warcor

I've updated the original post now.

Ayadan likes this.
  15. camsbell

camsbell Member

I'm not sure as if Joan stops being the lieutenant,( ie dead or isolated). He goes back to being irregular and is no longer valid as a data tracker.
    Prob need a rules guy to clarify.

16. Urobros

@camsbell It is the same case if your datatracker become isolated, still is the datatracker. You can't declare as datatracker an irregular guy, whatever happedns during the game don't change "anything" :)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  17. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

But with Joan he is regular :)

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation