1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Shasvastii Releases are... confusing.

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by zagdag, Aug 7, 2019.

1. zagdag

zagdag Split box orphan

Am I the only one confused by the SEF release schedule? We are getting the starter, a cadmas, and advance pack that includes a second caliban (that does not feel like a critical unit) and a malignos (but not the combi) and then nothing for a month, then a second cadmas. It feels awfully hard to justify playing this sectorial, which sucks because I have been hyped to do it for years.

Did I miss something at Gen con? Or is this just going to be a Chassures situtaion where you have a bunch of unessasary models if you want to have more than one of a lynchpin ava 4 model (shrouded).

I would understand if they were going a different direction and it was all nox swc and cutthroats, but they dont seem to be going fireteam heavy either.

Is defiance scrwing it up? Are they just half assing it due to N4? Does anyone know what the deal is?

Not shit posting, just serriously confused by the intent.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

2. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Summer and autumn release schedules are always weird. O12 is being screwed over just as well, or even more, considering they're a new faction and have no older models to tap into.

AdmiralJCJF and Golem2God like this.
  3. Bellyflop

Bellyflop Well-Known Member

The Advance Pack has the Cadmus, which is then being released on its own in October. November will most likely see Beyond Wildfire, which has Sheskiin, a Malignos, and a second Caliban. You are going to have to proxy some models at the start, but literally every new sectorial has to proxy as well.

Golem2God and Stiopa like this.
  4. Fathoym

Fathoym Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I don't see any issue with the Shas release schedule compared to the standard rate of releases for other new sectorials.Line troop SWC boxes don't generally come out at the same time as the starter, and some factions waited years for theirs (looking at you, Thorakitai)

WarHound and chromedog like this.
  5. McChucho

McChucho Member

Pretty sure the next wave will be with the defiance box. From the pictures we had seen, there were the SWC models for Nox (noxes, noxs?). The Taighas are very likely to be in there too.

6. ObviousGray

ObviousGray Frenzied Mushroom

Defiance. I bet CB entered new age of hostage miniatures.

I bet I heard at least 4 players considering themselves backing Defiance - purely because of Taigha!

7. the huanglong

the huanglong Well-Known Member

I really like the new Shas models and army list, but they really do seem to be the hostage faction, between Aiida, Victor, Wildfire, Beyond Wildfire and Defiance.

8. Nuada Airgetlam

Nuada Airgetlam Nazis sod off ///

OTOH, I specifically decided not to buy into the whole Shas line, because of being unwilling to fork out (ahead of unknown amount of time, too) for Defiance and whatever is locked down by it. The mediocre "hero" sculpts were the nail in the coffin. I'd want the dogface, Victor and Sheeskin out of the whole box. Not worth it.

CabalTrainee likes this.
  9. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I’m not banking on anything from Defiance - the Kickstarter isn’t until this fall, and nobody knows how much longer after that until the game comes out. So far, everything in the previews has also had a model in the regular Infinity line except the Taighas. It looks to me like you should be able to play SEF without having to buy a board game.

10. Barrin

Barrin Nomadic squirrel
    Warcor

I'm playing Shasvastii sectorial even in tournaments since it's new profiles release. (Using existing CA range, getting only one extra Shrouded in sale). As a camo army with lost of simillar models, there is no problem to use any non-overlaping minis in particular list as any profile. I played 3 Calibans with Shrouded minis, Gwailos HRL with Noctifers, limited BS ABH as Messer or Anathematics as Sphinx.

On the other hand I can understand the problem for a new player without old minis and not willing to buy them when new ones should come soon.

I'm definitely not a fan of what seems like almost mandatory kickstarter backing for Shasvastii enthusiasts and I hope that the whole Defiance product will be handled with utmost caution.

bladerunner_35 likes this.
  11. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

On the other hand, the target audience for Defiance are the Infinity players... (interview to V & I think it was Hellois, in the Mas Allá de Mordor Podcast from 2-3 weeks ago), so... :S

12. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

I’m probably going to pick up and play that game because my board game friends enjoy this genre. But I’m also not enthusiastic about having to juggle models back and forth, so my plan will be to keep them separate most of the time.

melkiach and xagroth like this.
  13. Mugaaz

Mugaaz Member

It is going to be several months before the KS, and even being optimistic, another 6-12 months before you receive it. I think you're going to have plenty of easily buyable models to choose from in the next 9-15 months. No one is being held hostage.

14. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It is not known if the KS will take up to a year, or a few months instead because it would be only about production (more of a pre-order than a KS), so...

Aida Swanson might be one of the markers for this, since she is the ITS10 model and should be released in a public blister in november or december at the latest...

toadchild likes this.
  15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Well, and the Cadmus, Gwailo, and Nox sculpts that are already available.

16. Mugaaz

Mugaaz Member

The fastest turnaround for a boardgame KS is ~6mo. Considering CB's inexperience at it, I think that timeframe is pretty unrealstic. I'd expect 9month turnaround on the KS only if we assume that all the sculpts, game design, and scenarios are already 100% complete. Being very optimistic, you might see Defiance in people's hands around Gencon next year. There are plenty of KS that are 18+mo turnaround. I just don't see Defiance being a good way to get all the SEF sculpts ASAP.

17. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

Inexperience in what way? while I agree its their first Kickstarter, they include members who have run their own successful kickstarters, if you mean inexperience with manufacture given the manufacture will be locally and not plastic miniatures in China, they should have it covered quite well.

Now if you mean the possible massive positive response for the KS, well, that may cause a delay.

18. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think CB is using KS to make more than just SEF/CA players chip in for the new SEF range, otherwise it might’ve never been realized because it’s not that a popular army.

Which is fine by me since I’ve wanted to play SEF since N3, love dungeon crawler board games and have enough old SEF to proxy in the mean time. I can see how that isn’t for everyone though.

19. Mugaaz

Mugaaz Member

From what I can tell locally, SEF is *extremely* popular and the only reason it isn't being played is because of how little people liked the old sculpts. SEF would not need KS support to justify making the models. I fully expect the SEF models to be some of the best selling stuff for the next year+.

20. smog

smog Well-Known Member
    Warcor

You are probably not wrong

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation