1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hoping CB brings MRRF back soon from an artistic standpoint

Discussion in 'Ariadna' started by Ghost_X, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

I am most likely in the minority on this, but I really wish CB would bring MRRF back really soon. I was excited for O-12 and I am sure it will be Uber powerful, but for me it looks soooo generic. It lacks the character of Yu Jing, Aleph, etc.

I really like the unique look/character the varied Ariadna armies bring and a revamped MRRF up to the new Chasseur standard would be jaw dropping beautiful.

Just think of new para commandos, Loup, rock solid Zouaves, Equipe-5....CB seems to love tactical rocks, Zouaves are all about digging in, so go to it!

Anyway, just had to say it is cool new functional armies are added, but there is something to be said for the more unique look of older infinity.

#1 Ghost_X, Aug 8, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
    Smiler, RasPuto, ice82 and 2 others like this.
  2. Thjazi

Thjazi Member

Same here, I would love to see some resculpt on the paracommando with HALO gear.
    And Moblots look like they will fall under all the weight of their armor on their tiny skinny legs.

As stated in the N4 tread, Loup Garou riding horse with riot gear would be really cool too.

AlbtheA likes this.
  3. Ghost_X

Ghost_X Well-Known Member

Love that idea for the Loup! So many possibilities for all of these guys.

4. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

They should have just manned up and said "We're dropping the range period" instead of hotfooting around the issue like they did.

5. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

I think the French will eventually be back in some form.

MRRF getting largely wiped out, opens the door to the french getting to completely redefine themselves, their design and their playstyle.

Just dont expect it to come anytime soon. I expect both the Yanks and Scots get updated/tweaked before the French get fully redone.

Though I feel we have half decent chances of seeing a Margot and Duroc resculpt before the French get redone.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  6. kanluwen

Why in the hell would them "getting largely wiped out" lead to them "getting to completely redefine themselves"?

They got wiped out because CB didn't know what the hell to do with them. They gave everything that made Merovingia unique over to TAK, it's really just that simple.

7. Marduck

Marduck Well-Known Member

I laso have a feeling Margot and Duroc will be redone before the sectorial. They are very charismatic character et fit well in Ariadna. They would sell well.

They could also use a rework off course ... Lot of infiltration is pretty common in Ariadna but i think they a unique spot as "medium tech in Ariadna" if only they would had some repeaters (make specific profils with repeater only for the sectorial so that it doesn't destroy the Ariadna lack of hacking game) and maybe some MSV2 (briscard sniper upgrading to MSV 2 ?).

But please not Loup Garou on horses ... I don't get the concept. Riot and special force police don't use horses (not here at least) ...

@kanluwen : I disagree here. TAK is about a lot of camo, strong warband and strong fire power. All things MRRF don't have. MRRF was about exotic tech (viral, stun, glue, MSV1 and hacker) and a lot of good infiltrating / para units (not necessarily camo). These specificities have to be strengthen for MRRF to be competitive again but they don't run the same race.

Actually USAriadna are probably more similar to MRRF than TAK.

Smiler and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  8. kanluwen

MRRF was about camo, firepower, and "high tech".

And let's stop pretending that there being a single Hacker in Merovingia equated to them "having hackers". The smartest thing they could have done from the outset was ditch that shit and push the Wardrivers, but they wouldn't even do that.

9. Kreslack

Kreslack Unknown Ranger lead the way!

Since the MRRF is rebuilding nearly from scratch, they can create new units to fill the roster and drop old ones that aren't working. CB isnt as obligated to bring back every thing old MRRF had.

I also agree on the no riot cavalry. I think bikes are already pushing it. Classic cavalry have no place in infinity. Also Loup Garou's are suppose to be called in to deal with unruly Dogfaces and Wulvers horses would be a huge detriment to that.

I always thought MRRF's greatest strength was mobility and forward deployment. A huge number of their units can deploy upfield. In fact, it's not hard to have almost your entire force start outside your main deployment zone.

chromedog likes this.
  10. kanluwen

Bikes would be fine if they weren't shoved down our faces as crap about them fighting from the bikes.

11. Marduck

Camo ?
    A single camo trooper ava 4 (and one limited camo unit with limited infiltration. Not a reliable camo shell game trooper).
    USAriadna have ava 4 Foxtrot and ava 3 hardcase that going to addtheir decoy with them.
    TAK have more camo option than I can count to.
    Even Caledonian have more Camo with SAS, Scot Guard and Cateran.
    => MRRF is the least capable camo sectorial among Ariadna.

Firepower ? Ok let's says average firepower.
    Back to N2 compared to Caledonia maybe. When Zouave / Paracommando HMG and briscard FT were near the top of the firepower ladder. But since the Spetnaz got released, they have been behind.
    Knauf, mixte moblot / metro FT and the MHG on the Anaconda have helped a little but nothing near what the spetnaz or Grey in a FT brings.
    => they are not less capable than other Ariadna sectorial except TAK

Mid-tech is their thing.
    They were the first and only on to get viral rifle, MSV and hacker at the start.
    Then USAriadna got some MSV. Then TAK got some MSV.
    Alguacile is a fine hacker and having him in a FT that provide that 6 sens lvl 2 is nice. In some missions hackers have bonus to complete objectives. Having a single regular hacker in your army is what a lot of player do anyway (to boost drone and have a threat to HI and TAG though repeaters).

Edit : Also forward deploiement as @Kreslack said

12. kanluwen

You really want to play dumb about camo?

Cool. It's safe to say you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Force de Réponse Rapide Merovingienne
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

MÉTRO (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 11)
    MÉTRO (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 12)
    MÉTRO (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Rifle, Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 15)
    CHASSEUR Rifle, Light Flamethrower, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    PARA-COMMANDO Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    MOBLOT (CH: Mimetism) Rifle, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

1.5 SWC | 100 Points

That's a list of units/profiles that had CH: Mimetism, Limited Camo, or straight Camo in the case of the Chasseur prior to Campaign: Paradiso.
    Metros were AVA Total, Chasseurs were AVA4, Moblots were AVA4, and Paracommandos were AVA6.

That's not counting the AVA5 Zouaves who could be all Sapper profiles either, granting themselves CH: Mimetism.

TLDR:
    You're wrong. Camo was very much the Merovingian thing, alongside of forward deployment.

#12 kanluwen, Aug 8, 2019
  13. Marduck

@kanluwen You are the one playing here, and calling me name (just because I disagree with you on a game ... :face_with_rolling_eyes:)

Pretending forward deploiement skills (mechanized deploiement, infiltration, forward deploiement, AD skills) are the same as camo skills (camo, ambush camo, minelayer), or that limited camo, even total AVA allows you to have a reliable shell game just proves your don't know what you are talking about.

But since I'm an adult and a nice guy, I will teach you a couple basic Infinity things :kissing_heart: :
    - Having a lot of camo, including mines / decoys, allows you to hide what you really have (for exemple hide a missile launcher among decoys), make your opponent consum order trying to discover you or avoid a non existant threat (I mean decoys), generally speaking act as a speed bumper.
    - Forward deploying without camo state just let you swarm the board with your army to do the mission or attack faster.

Edit : just for the record, I own the full MRRF collection played them extensively in 2018 with mixed results usually top third ranking, but managed to win a 10 people tournament. And you what is your experience with MRRF ?

#13 Marduck, Aug 8, 2019
  14. kanluwen

Yeah you keep telling yourself that.

You're still wrong.

15. MATRAKA14

MATRAKA14 Well-Known Member

MRRF has never been about firepower, and I have been there since they where created.
    Tank hunters, mormaers, and veteran kazaks already existed back then.
    They have camo but, I don't see them as camo centric.

MRRF has always been about strong paratroopers (god bless paracomandos) strange ammo types like viral and adhesive or stun and a mix of infiltration and mechanized deployment to have a strong presence in the mid field.

For the mirage reesculpt I hope margot doesn't get high heels, and his armor looks like a proper HI (and before you post in favor of the heels think a bout a woman wearing heavy armor while paratrooping and with high heels)

If Deunan doesn't have heels, Margot doesn't need heels.
    [​IMG]

Abydog and nehemiah like this.
  16. kanluwen

We'll see whether they're going to do anything with them or not when N4 drops.

I don't think they will.

17. Marduck

@MATRAKA14 couldn't agree more.

Very nice piece of art.

18. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

at Gencon someone asked if Margo and Duroc would be getting a resculpt soon and the answer was "yes" more or less

19. kanluwen

That's the quote from the other thread.

It's not really a "yes".

20. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

were you there? able to read the room and Carlos?

Musterkrux and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation