1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

InterPlanetario 2019 Aristeia mods

Discussion in 'Events & Tournaments' started by krotos, May 3, 2019.

1. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

Finally on this week we saw scenarios and mods for main Aristeia tournament in 2019.

https://interplanetario.corvusbelli.com/en/aristeia-2/

And if Zlavin is amazing for tournament, I have a question why there is no AGL circuit mod with Omadon arena?
    I played 12 events, 39 missions in AGL season 2 and I'm hope that I understand something in this game.
    Omadon arena help you make this game more sportmanship, you can avoid bad luck with blank dices both in offensive and defensive styles. Because it's strange to lose a game in key moment on main tournament because of blank dices.

@Koni , please think about this and add Omadon arena for all six scenarios additionly to Zlavin.

Red_Joker, Rodro and Croepoek like this.
  2. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

Just wanted to push this and maybe also add @-V- . Omadon makes absolute sense to take out a bit of the "luck-factor" in such a tournament. Any decisions / thoughts on that? Thanks!!

3. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Interplanetario tournament is hold and organized by Esbozos, so you have to speak with them (HellLois).

4. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

I asked Hellois about this topic and he said that Omadon will not be added :(

5. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

I think it is good for the Interplanetary to not use Omadon Arena mod at all.

There are some good plays and combos that are "high risk high reward", if you lower the risk by adding Omadon Arena those kind of plays can become too powerfull and ruin a big tournament (if you are lucky)

Vanther, HarlequinOfDeath and -V- like this.
  6. Ghost_from_warp

Ghost_from_warp Classified

Please, one example of high risk high reward combo, that deserve to ruin your game by bad rolls.

7. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

No need for an example, almost everything in the game is about roll a dice whit a chance to get the symbols you need . If you choose to make a risky play you should know that there is a risk, right? If you had a bad roll on something that is like 20% chance to happen then it is the expected outcome not bad luck.

It is really hard that a player win a 5 round tournament just becouse of luck but it can happen. For me Omadon just increase the odds and I don't like the idea.

This is only me take on in, you can have yours of course. No need to agree.

-V- likes this.
  8. Ghost_from_warp

Would like to see your point proved or disaproved during this tournament)

9. zlavin

zlavin Well-Known Member

The outcome of a tournament does not matter at all. My point is going to be the same, nothing to be proved or disaproved.

It is sad that your only goal is to prove yourself right and everyone else wrong.

Anyway I will be at the tournament next week. Hope we can meet there it should be easy to find me :O:

AdmiralJCJF and -V- like this.
  10. Ghost_from_warp

You like do anything to not understand what i mean.

Even non high risk high reward action might decide game or situation. Roll blanks on all or majority of dices makes player extremely frustrated, especialy when it happen few time peg games (which will happen eventually)

Omadon is nice mechanic to minimize player frustration. Do not applying omadon is almost equal to make people frustrate after certain games.

My point also, omadon do not save high risk high reward game (that why i ask for example), it saves regular 3-4 dice roll from complete fail, which happens, during large tournament (any tournament) quite a lot. Any dice controlling mechanic increasing player positive experience.

And it's not making 20% chances roll more reliable, since you can reroll only blanks. So you can't reroll mediocre roll, only really bad.

And this is the point i would like to see proved during tournament.

Croepoek and krotos like this.
  11. Kelthret

Kelthret Usuario

One could also argue that knowing how to deal with those bad rolls and recovering from them can prove who's the better player.

While I agree than Omadon arena is nice and mitigates terrible rolls (I usually include it in all the tournaments I organize), I don't think it should become the default mode for the game, dice rolls are a part of the game, some of them are gonna be awful, some of them are gonna be great, that's how every game that involves dice or any randomness works.

mauriciorjbr, Rodro, zlavin and 3 others like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation