1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hippolyta. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'ALEPH' started by csjarrat, Aug 1, 2019.

1. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

So steel phalanx just had their first update in a looong time, the addition of Hippolyta.
    Superjump, eclipse smoke and ma4 with cc23. Breaker combi but no eno team leader.
    I'm not overly sold for the points, think I'd rather take eudoros myself

2. FelipeMor

FelipeMor Well-Known Member

Why no emos leader, that's the question. I like her peofile a lot, think she 's got a place for her with the jump. I'd use her in SP and I'll definitly use her in vanilla Aleph

3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

This is refreshing. When her profile showed up people were commenting how she'll push Eudoros out of the lists.

While she's another good rambo trooper in sectorial choke full of them, she's much more toolboxy than most.

Daniel Darko and pedrogzc like this.
  4. csjarrat

Don't know how she'd push him out, he's near as dammit to her CC output y(and that rarely gets used)b a 0swc big gun, is a LT choice and can lead a team. Really solid choice. She's ok, but I don't see much niche for her in my lists

xagroth likes this.
  5. Death

Death Well-Known Member

I feel like she competes with Penthesilea. She has her own advantages but does it make up for the crazy speed that Penthesilea has?

6. csjarrat

Slower, has own smoke. You're taking penny for the bike though really. Think penny keeps her niche

Stiopa likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

No enomotarchos means no use in SP for her in my lists, sadly. If she had, I woudl exchange her with Eudoros in some situations, or run both depending the situation, but being not linkable? To vanilla she goes, as a more surgical Achilles.

csjarrat likes this.
  8. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

I'm in the process of getting rid of my SP, but if I were hanging on to it she would land somewhere between Penthesilea and Ekdromoi, as a raider. She's less mobile than the other two, but more capable in a firefight (marginally, in case of competition with Penny, but most of the time Breaker should be better), and with her own source of Eclipse she should open lines of advance pretty easily. Then get to higher ground to hunt units holed up in there and hide herself until the next turn.

I think she'll be very terrain-dependent. If you're playing on tables with lots of balconies, accessible floors, etc - she should perform better than she would on less vertical tables.

9. regelridderen

regelridderen Dismember

Thinking of when I’d use her..?

Probably after taking Eudoros because of his longer range gun, and I rarely take Eudoros in the first place.

And probably when I’d wanted to make use of Penny’s impetuousness and cover her in Eclipse smoke - and I’d already taken Eudoros.

Then again having Eudoros, Hippolyta and Penny in LI can bump up your order count, and once they get into the enemy half, they’re each capable of creating chaos on their own.. But..

Nope, best reason to use her is the model - so maybe as a stand-in CoC Officer.

#9 regelridderen, Aug 3, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    csjarrat likes this.
  10. pedrogzc

pedrogzc Well-Known Member

I don't see her replacing Eudoros, his linked mk 12 is soooo good. But shouldn't be difficult to find room for her in SP lists

Enviado desde mi Mi A1 mediante Tapatalk

Stiopa likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation