1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sapper + Prone

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Leviathan, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

So, going prone while in a foxhole will cancel the foxhole state. That's fine and well understood.

What happens if a troop with Sapper is prone, and uses the Sapper long skill to enter the Foxhole state? is it the foxhole state automatically cancelled, or is the prone state cancelled?

Ogid likes this.
  2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

I believe the prone state is cancelled as a consequence of the Foxhole state applying a silhouette change. Either way, being prone and using the sapper skill shouldn't result in failure because only entering the prone state cancels a foxhole.

Mahtamori and xagroth like this.
  3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

Like RobertShepherd wrote, strictly mechanically neither should cancel, though I'd like it if in future versions of the game Foxhole just like Jump was not allowed while Prone. I would personally rule that effects of Foxhole, being the latest applied, supersedes Prone.

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Nothing in the Prone rules or the Sapper rules will cancel the Prone state.

However, I strongly suggest applying the Cancellation clause for Prone state, period, not just for entering Prone state.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation