1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Infinity and 40k

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by LankyOgreBP, Feb 10, 2019.

1. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Considering these minis just have plastic, resin, white metal weapons I don't think they will be able chopping, blowing up or slashing other toys. Still toys like Woody, Jessie or Buzz would see the tiny 40k toys as weird at best. Viewing the world in the same way Buzz used to. That their lore is fact instead of them just being toys. It would take awhile for them to come to the realization of what they really are but afterwards I can see them being normal toys banding together. Helping each other survive in the world of their owner/buyer with some discrepancies/disagreements from time to time. I can see the bits box being an important part of a miniature's life as it is like a hospital or upgrade center. Wether the part is plastic, metal, resin, sci-fi, fantasy, historical, steam/any punk, any bit is valuable especially if it's a body part.

Balewolf and jherazob like this.
  2. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

The real question is could they leave their bases.

Golem2God, oldGregg and Xeurian like this.
  3. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

I feel like that would depend on which faction they are from. I see Tyranids becoming almost docile/useless since they don't actually have a connection to anything anymore and can't eat biomass. Tau would probably be fine getting along with everyone pretty quick, most Guard wouldn't be too far behind. CSMs would be angry but would come around after some depression. Orks would probably take longer to come around as they don't terribly care about their current predicament, they will keep Orking on. Space marines and the like would probably think they got pulled into some weird pocket of the warp or something and keep trying to get out, probably taking far longer than Buzz to come around... if ever.

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Golem2God

@Xeurian I think you have summed it up nicely. That does seem to sound like what each faction would do if they were toys. Though what would the Eldar (Craftworld, Exodite, Dark) & Necrons act or think in that situation?

Xeurian likes this.
  5. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

Necrons would be in eternal slumber.

Xeurian and Golem2God like this.
  6. Xeurian

Xeurian Well-Known Member

Hmm... I don't really know all that much about them... Evidently, I omitted them only because I forgot about them! I imagine as oldGregg said, Necrons wouldn't be up to much, like the Nids. Dark Eldar would be elated to find they can still feel pain in toy form and would probably find lighters and other such house hold items to entertain themselves with. The craftworld and exodite Eldar would probably come around after a bit.

oldGregg and Golem2God like this.
  7. Golem2God

Woody: "Hey Necrons, you can come out now."
    Necron Overlord: "We are in eternal slumber until the Silent King awakens us."
    Woody: "Guys we talked about this..."
    Buzz: "Woody, I don't think you'll get them out anytime soon."
    Woody: "I know Buzz but..it just doesn't seem right to leave them like this."
    Necron Overlord: "And you lower species can get off my Tomb World." Walks back towards the Necron bits box. "Your gods won't be able save you from the wrath of..." Woody's face deapans as the Overlord begins a long spiel of the greatness of his fictional dynasty and the Necrotyr race as a whole.
    Woody: "On second thought, maybe you're right Buzz. Best to leave crackpot robot to sleep off his delusion of grandour."
    Buzz: "Ya that seems like the best course of action in this situation."
    Craftworld Eldar: "She who thirsts doesn't exist?"
    Exodite Eldar: "We're saved!!" Exzubalent rejoicing commences.
    Craftworld Eldar enter a mid-life crisis of sorts.

xagroth, jherazob and oldGregg like this.
  8. oldGregg

oldGregg Well-Known Member

What about all the unpainted minis? I can only imagine their identity crisis.

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

xagroth, jherazob and Xeurian like this.
  10. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

jherazob likes this.
  11. Golem2God

It is just like Forky from Toy Story 4. Thinking he is trash and not a toy while not knowing why he is alive.

Del S likes this.
  12. Golem2God

13. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

saint and Golem2God like this.
  14. Golem2God

Well this is an incredible turn of events. Looks like the religion of the Imperium was birthed due to the Word Bearers but not their Primarch.

15. stevenart74

stevenart74 Well-Known Member

I just chime in to say that I'm doing some "concept art work roughs" BOTH for Infinity-Related materials AND for the NEWER 40.000 Roleplaying Game "Wrath & Glory". . .

Will be for Player Characters for BOTH, so that would have QUITE RADICAL striking looks for all the involved. . .

OBVIOUSLY to save Time, some "Basic Concepts" would be the SAME. . .

Inquisitor Acolyte Agents / Commissars from the Imperial Guard WITH GASMASKS = The COOLEST "Cyberpunk Trench Troopers" from Infinity (Pan-O Nisses and Aquila Guards, Yujing Guilangs, Father Sforza, Tunguskan "Special Crime Squad" etc. etc.)

Dark-Angel Adeptus-Astartes Space-marines = Black Friars of Panoceania, maybe BUFFIER Armour (like "Maximus From Aristeia", a Powersuit made with Pan-O TAG Parts !!)

Underhive Van Saar "Tech Gangers" with Helmets = Nomads from Corregidor. . .

Eldar and Dark Eldar "Civilians" = KINKIEST of the Bakunin Vaudevillers (Drukharii from Commoragh = Sado-Maso Hookers with LOTS spikey bits; Craftworlders = The most EXHIBITIONIST "Fantasy Cosplayers" evers). . .

Exodite New Colonists of the Eldars = RUGGED but STILL waif-thin Caledonians; especially the Wulver MALES (who said that ALL the Wulvers must be "Lon Chaney Lumberjack Werewolves"? Pointed Ears, Ludicrous "Mane" of wildly floaring hair, knitte-but-pleasing Eyebrows, FINELY pointed Teeth-Fangs and Nail-Claws, Teseum Claymores that are elegant, silvery and gemstud decorated). . .

Orks (especially the MORE "Cultured" Bloodaxe Kommandos) = Morats ("Yah! Boyz! Da Nat Mind Da New Boyz! They Red-Painted B'Cus Red-Wunz-Go-Fasta EVEN on Feet!! And what NICY-SHINY Squig-Wigs on Whitey Dat Dei Hav!!! Yah, Deir Choppas A Mit Puny, But Deir Snazzguns VERY VERY Snazzy!!!". . . . .)

Necron "Flayers" = Umbra Legates (maybe with "Vorpal Blades" that are "Clawed Razor-Scalpel Gauntlets"). . .

Tyranids = Human Edge Fauna (MAYBE I could FURTHER play on the OLD, TRITE Trope of:
    "Aliens Xenomorphs <> Tyranid Swarms <> Starcraft Zergs <> Starship Troopers Araknyds <> Aliens Xenomorphs <> Tyranid Swarms <> Starcraft Zergs <> Starship Troopers Araknyds <> Aliens Xenomorphs <> Tyranid Swarms <> Starcraft Zergs <> Starship Troopers Araknyds <> Aliens Xenomorphs <> Tyranid Swarms <> Starcraft Zergs <> Starship Troopers Araknyds <> Aliens Xenomorphs <> Tyranid Swarms <> Starcraft Zergs <> Starship Troopers Araknyds <>. . . . ." and so on, "Ad Nauseam"

. . . . .

And this is ONLY the "Tip Of The Icebergs"; I'm VERY open to other suggestions. . .

Will, in fact, Copy-Paste this on the Fan-Art Section of the Forum, to "Spread The Viral-Meme Idea"!!!

Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  16. Ashen_Seeker

Ashen_Seeker Well-Known Member

You forgot about:
    - Imperial/chaos Knights: most probably they'll go around hunting down toy dinosaurs and teddy bears as mighty beasts and jousting against the other giant robots
    - Ad Mech: stands around the tv trying to turning it on throught praising and incenses or pilgrimate along power cables amidst the eventual dust and spiderweb to find eventual damages
    - Talon of Big E: stands around the bed to avoid infiltrations(toys wandering around) under the sheets that any harm may befall their owner
    - Genestealers cultists: tyranids sheperds? translator to other "sentient" toys?
    - Sororitas: ???

stevenart74 and Golem2God like this.
  17. Golem2God

These are all good ideas. I think Tyranids would be like this:

Woody: "No, no. Stop! What is with you guys? You're always hungry. You can't chew through the cord because you are all made of plastic. This is beside the point that you have no digestive organs to speak of!!"
    The tiny Hormagaunt stares at the large cowboy for a few seconds then returns to trying it's best to devour the mouse cord. Chittering as it nibbles.
    Woody: "Alright..I didn't want to do this but you leave me no choice." Woody reaches from behind and pulls out a small container of unknown liquid and then begins to lightly splash the tiny miniature. "Bad Tyranid! Bad! No biting! Bad Tyranid!" The Hormagaunt tries to cover it's face and tries lashing out with it's small scythes as it hisses at the giant.
    Buzz: "Uh..Woody.." Buzz called to his friend from across the room. "You might want to turn around."
    Woody: "Not now Buzz! I'm busy disciplining this little grub!"
    Buzz: "I really think you should turn around now." Being curious about what could be behind Buzz's reasoning Woody finally turns around only to face a Hive Tyrant staring down at him. The two stared at each other for a few second before Woody was the first to react.
    Woody: "Bad Tyranid! Bad! Go to your box and stay there!! Bad!" This didn't have the same effect on the Tyrant as it did on the Hormagaunt. The large beast fought back slapping Woody's body. The cowboy simply smacked the Tyrant right back.
    Woody: "Don't you dare slap me you monstrous thing!!" The tiny Gaunt watched the whole spectacle chittering every once in a while. Then the slap fight started to take a turn.
    Woody: "No! Stop! Put me down!! Help! Help! Buzz!! Help!!"
    Buzz: "Hold on Woody! I'm coming!" Sighing as he took off after his friend "I tried to warn him."
    Soroitas #1: "Will you look at that. The large Astartes is coming to the aid of his Rough Rider friend."
    Woody: "Get your stupid claws off me!!"
    Soroitas #2: "By the Emperor those two are brave."
    Soroitas #1: "They certainly are."

18. Golem2God

"Uz sayz iz it Bozz. Da Dakka da Red One's pumpz out is muzic to our kulturd earz."
    I can also imagine Blood Axes gettign themselves hired out as mercenaries on Paradiso. The fallen's offspring would cause problems for all sides of the conflict if the spores & boyz survive. The jungle planet could become another Catachan for da Orkz.

stevenart74 likes this.
  19. Golem2God

Woody: "You want me to do what now?"
    Ethereal: "You must join the Greater Good."
    all Tau present: "Greater Good." The Fire Warriors shout.
    Woody: "Oh no. It's just like those little green aliens we meet.."
    Ethereal: "Can you..point us in the direction of these little green.."
    Woody: "Down the hall the hall first door on the right."
    Ethereal: "Come Tau. Another species shall join us on the path of enlightenment. For the Greater Good!"
    all Tau present: "For the Greater Good." And the Tau Fire Warriors begin march towards the destination Woody pointed out to their leader.
    Buzz: "Woody..That door leads to.."
    Woody: "Shhh..you'll spoil it Buzz."
    Buzz: "I'm going to get better aquatinted with the rest of these colorful characters. You have fun."
    Woody: "I will in a couple of minutes."

A few minutes later:

Ethereal: "There was not any little greens of any kind behind that portal."
    Woody: "Oh yes you're right. I'm sorry. That was the bathroom. The little greens are somewhere across the state..no, state line. They are across the state line." the Ethereal sighed upon hearing this news.
    Ethereal: "False alarm Warriors of the Fire Caste. We are not expanding our Empire today."
    Fire Warrior #1: "Does this mean we have to go back into the box?"
    Ethereal: "We must." The Fire Warriors collectively shuffle sadly towards their confinement station.
    Fire Warrior #1: "I wanted to go on an Expansion." Woody now felt uncomfortable at how sad the tiny toys were feeling.

Buzz: "So..how are you going to rectify this?"
    Woody: "I don't know. You figure it out."
    Buzz: "We could get her to buy a few aliens."
    Woody: "You really think you can convince.."
    Buzz: "I'll give it my best shot. No promises on it succeeding but.."
    ?: "Hi." The two toys looked towards the direction fo the voice they just heard.
    Patrick: "My name Patrick. And I..um..uh..tarter sauce. I forgot what I was gonna say!!"
    Woody: "What in Andy's..this room is that?"
    Buzz: "I think it is an alien?"
    Woody: "You think so? Hey alien, you want to join a.."
    Patrick: "Sorry fellas. I'm gonna have to turn you down. I'm already part of a Cult."
    Woody: "Wait..What? Cult?!"
    Patrick: "That's right. They basically chose me as soon as I laid my eyes on them. Pretty dumb right?"
    Buzz: "I think I know who he is talking about."
    ?: "There he is!!" A sudden large group of models rushed forward towards the pink Starfish. "Patriarch Patrick!! We have secured you!"
    Patrick: "See what I mean."
    ?: "Please Patriarch.." A female voice rang out. "Tell us what we must do!"
    ?: "Your words are our command!"
    Patrick: "It's like they can't do anything without me."
    Woody: "Buzz..why do they have Tyranid parts?"
    Buzz: "Those are Genestealer Cults.."
    Woody: "What?"
    Buzz: "Genestealers are Tyranids and they can infect other civilizations. Then the infected breed and these creatures pop out."
    Random Ork: "Xsept da Orkz. Wez 2 tuff 4 themz."
    Woody: "Why do kids like this?!"
    Patrick: "Hey psst, have you guys seen Spongebob? I got separated from him when I came here."
    Buzz: "Sorry I don't recall seeing this friend of yours."
    Patrick: "Oh." The Starfish's countenance became sad but then did a complete 180* flip. "But at least I have Squidworth." Pointing towards the Genestealer Cult models with tentacle faces. "I've never seen so many Squidworths in all my life. You guys are fancy." The entire Brood gasps at the compliment that their leader gave to one of their own. The models in question began to squeal with Tyranid glee.
    Woody: "Are those things squealing?"
    Buzz: "It certain seems so."
    Genestealer Cultist: "The Patriarch has bless one of our own! From this day forth this..!" pointing to the tentacled face. "Shall be a mark of blessing amongst us! All hail the Patriarch!!"
    Buzz: "It won't last last long." Woody turned to look at Buzz with a face that read "And how do you know that?"
    Buzz: "This morning their Patriarch was taken and placed in a carrying case. Turns out he was being taken to a game somewhere in town. He will be back in a couple of hours and then things should return to normal."
    ?: "Hey Patrick!"
    Patrick: "Spongebob!" Sure enough the sponge had appeared clad in Tau armor.
    Spongebob: "Good to see ya buddy."
    Patrick: "Great to see you too. Um..what are you wearing?"
    Spongebob: "Only the best of the best in the 41st millennium. Who are these guys that.." Spongbob's face countered into shock. "Patrick get away from those parasites!"
    Patrick: "Parasites! Where?!"
    Spongebob: "Leave my friend alone!"
    Patrick: "Spongebob wait! That is my Cult."
    Spongebob: "Ye..ye..you're c..c..cult?"
    Patrick: "That's right. They love me."
    Genestealer Cultist: "Praise be the Patriarch!"
    Spongbob: "Patrick! they are trying to assimilate you!! Enough of this nonsense. You are joining the Greater Good with me."
    Patrick: "Oh no I'm not!"
    Spongebob: "You don't get it Patrick. You must join the Greater Good. You will thank me later after you.."
    Patrick: "Your Greater Good is stupid!"
    Spongebob: "Patrick don't say such things!"
    Patrick: "Your armor is ugly!"
    Spongebob: "Patrick stop!"
    Patrick: "And your leader is a fool." The last insult echoed in the ears of Spongebob and all the Tau nearby.
    Spongebob: "P..p..Patrick..do you know what this means."
    Patrick: "Of course I do." The two friend stared at each other for a couple of seconds.
    Spongebob: "This..means.."
    Patrick & Spongebob: "WWWAAARRR!!!" The whole room stood silent for 2 seconds before the miniatures burst into screaming.
    Khorne Berserker: "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!!"
    Ork Bozz: "ERE WE GO BOYZ!!!"
    Astartes: "FOR THE EMPEROR!!!"
    Chaos Astartes: "FOR THE DARK GODS!!!"
    Spongebob & the Tau: "FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!!"
    Genestealer Cult: "FOR THE PATRIARCH!!!"
    Patrick: "FIGHT BECAUSE I TOLD YOU TO!!!"
    Genestealer Cult: "WE FIGHT BECAUSE YOU TOLD US TO!!!"

Woody: "This is ludicrous."
    Buzz: "This is our new life pal."
    Woody: "I wish I was back in Andy's room."
    Sigmar Dwarf: "I wish I was back in my mountain home digging a hole but you don't hear complaining from me!"
    Woody: "Isn't what you just said a complaint?" The Dwarf stood speechless thinking upon the cowboy's point.
    Sigamr Dwarf: "Shut up Laddy!"

20. Golem2God

Just a little idea I posted on a Infinity/40k art thread. Hope anyone enjoys this being here.

Corregidor Nomad: "So you guys from Bukunin huh?" The Neophyte Hybrids turned to look at each other then back at the Human.
    (https://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Neophyte_Hybrid)
    Neophyte Hybrid #1: "Yes."
    Corregidor Nomad: "Figures. Bukuninites are pretty weird at times."
    Neophyte Hybrid #2: "Oh yes. You should see the rest of our Brood." The other Hybrid gave his brother a nudge. "But we are Human just as much as you."
    Corregidor Nomad: "So how have your folks handled life on that crazy ship? Whats your occupation?"
    Neophyte Hybrid #1: "We are adjusting.."
    Neophyte Hybrid #2: "Growing exponentially beyond our wildest.." Stopping due to feeling his brother boring a hole through his head with his eyes. "Dreams."
    Corregidor Nomad: "Sounds like business is good."
    Neophyte Hybrid #1: "Yes. We are miners by trade."
    Corregidor Nomad: "Really? The group I'm attached to is heading out to the Human Edge on a mining contract. Some of your Brood should head out with us." Both Hybrids stared at each other upon hearing this news.
    Neophyte Hybrid #1: "You truly mean that?"
    Corregidor Nomad: "If you guys are as good as you say sure. I'd doubt you have many opportunities were you are currently stationed."
    Neophyte Hybrid #2: "Pfffttt..like there is mining on that floating lightshow."
    Neophyte Hybrid #1: "We are in the middle of adjusting into our new home. The Magnus has proposed that we look into a bio-hacking for our clan's future. Praxis was an incentive of her idea. We await Grandfather's decision on the matter. We would be nothing without him."
    Neophyte Hybrid #2: "As in we wouldn't have existed without his actions."
    Corregidor Nomad: "Well if your Grandfather agrees let me know and I'll tell my guys and gals we are getting new co-workers."
    Neophyte Hybrid #1: "Oh splendid."
    Neophyte Hybrid #2: "I think we will all get along very well with each other. Like family." Earning another nudge from the other Hybrid.
    Corregidor Nomad: "Sounds good. Hope to hear from you again soon."
    Neophyte Hybrid #1: "As do we fellow Nomad. As do we." Both Hybrids turn their backs and began walking away.
    Neophyte Hybrid #2: "I can't believe our luck. Grandfather will be pleased with our success."
    Neophyte Hybrid #1: "We will be able to split the Cult and increase our chances of survival in this..strange system. If one group falls the other shall remain. The Children of the Calling King shall bide their time until our Progenitor's brethren descend upon these celestial shores. The name of that blessed fleet our Grandfather graciously revealed unto us..Apollyon."
    Neophyte Hybrid #2: "Wait..wasn't the name Cadmus?"
    Neophyte Hybrid #1: "Why would you think that?" He began to curiously look over his supposed "brother" suspiciously.
    Neophyte Hybrid #2: "Oh..no reason..of consequence."

Del S likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation