1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Operation Wildfire

Discussion in 'News' started by chaos11, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Well I mean if you compare him to Goldstein, Goldstein clearly has a massive points discount, I suppose the same one that McMurrough has - the "CB employee feels better if their donut steel is overpowered" discount.

LaughinGod likes this.
  2. -Ghost-

-Ghost- Shalashaska

You act like you don't have enough Regular Orders to get the job done.

xagroth, Solar and Pen-dragon like this.
  3. Pen-dragon

Pen-dragon Deva

At the risk of overstepping my bounds and speaking for some one else, I think that the point was it makes it an actual choice. You have to choose to give up some good stuff, if you want the good bonus of being unhackable. It is a trade off. You don't want it to be a false choice, where going info-war free is always the right choice. Most factions can make that choice at the list building phase, if you choose Ariadna, you made that choice at the faction phase.

4. DaRedOne

DaRedOne Morat Warrior Philosopher
    Warcor

Mate, you're missing the point altogether. As @Stiopa put it way better than me: the problem is less that they are changing the paradigm and more that this new paradigm isn't being applied to old armies that will now have a hard time competing with the new hotness.

Not all of us are willing or interested in joining a models arms race. And that's the point. If you have to play the top 5 factions in order to feel like you stand a chance of winning, that's bad for the game.

Note that I don't think Infinity is at a point where you must play the new hotness to win. Fuck, my main faction is considered one of the worst 5 in this game and I still get more wins than losses with them. That doesn't mean I have to just sit down and be happy that my army is getting half baked, half hearted updates while other armies get clearly much better thought out, fleshed out and interesting models. That is what annoys me.

I'm going to face Cuervo in the table, and I'm going to kick his ass. I'm going to get my ass kicked by him too, that's how the game works. That part doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is that I still have models that need fixes or updates and these have been passed on to help put Cuervo on the table. In an ideal world, we'd both get my models fixed, and Cuervo on the table, but the world is not ideal, and I think being a little upset about it is acceptable.

Hell, I'm buying Wildfire for the Shasvastii. Space Vampires look rad.

5. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Well I seem to remember these kinds of arguments about a year before the new edition. So i’m hoping for a new edition next year possibly. They really need to do some clean up.

1st ed 2005
    2nd ed 2012
    3rd ed 2014
    4th ed 2020?

6. fari

fari CRISTASOL, EL LIQUIDO DE LOS DIOSES

Only 2 years from 2nd to 3rd?

7. eciu

eciu Easter worshiper

Yes, this is cheapest most efficient HD in game.

They additional efficiency comes from a fact that if someone really wants to hunt that HD digged up somewhere deep in DZ then it is a win already.

I never cried when people tried to hunt my "super expensive" 18pts Fusilier HD (especially when they tried to do that with hackers).

8. Hecaton

The issue is ODD should cost more based on the BS and ARM/Wounds of the bearer.

LaughinGod, Space Ranger and Abrilete like this.
  9. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

1) 3 months from now they'll release some new Sectorial that's even better/more optimized than O-12, then 3 months after that another one that's better than that one, etc... and they'll just leave the just released Sectorials half-supported. It's getting to a point that I'm VERY wary of buying anything new with this forward race CB seems to be getting into

2) please all the people who told me how special the Liu Xing was, could you tell me again? Unsurprisingly NWI+Shock Immunity is the new black, but only Invincible got taxed with the HI vulnerabilities with nothing to make up for them

#989 Benkei, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    LaughinGod, Asgeir, xagroth and 3 others like this.
  10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Tohaa and Ariadna are absolutely fine, but yes being low tech and infowar incapable should be a weakness not "I don't want to play this part of the game so nobody will"

Dragonstriker likes this.
  11. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

It's not the power of the hacker, it's what it unlocks. 15 points to allow remotes and supportware on those remotes is an incredible deal.

but they're all HI ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU WANTED JUST THAT

East of Irem, Smiler and Bellyflop like this.
  12. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

It has always struck me as funny than the backwater rednecks with obsolete technology do as well if not better than the hypertechnological factions. Kinda breaks my suspension of disbelief.

13. Hecaton

Well the game's gotta stay balanced.

Would have been better for the setting, I think, if Ariadnan technology wasn't necessarily inferior than the rest of the Human Sphere's, just different. Like T2 weaponry being a materials science problem that everyone else was catching up on.

14. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

It would be ok if no hacking was an actual weakness

Guardian, Berjiz, xagroth and 2 others like this.
  15. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Speak for yourself man, something like the mere presence and availability of something like ODD should be more representative of a particular factions strength and monetary wealth and should shape their identity as a whole rather than be a costly upgrade in most cases.

16. Hecaton

I'm not sure you have a firm grasp on game balance.

17. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

2nd ed was 2008.

fari likes this.
  18. KnightSavant

KnightSavant Member

This is my first faction release since I started infinity. Is it normaly this... angry? So far they seem pretty bts low, and we've only seen a few profiles. I don't get all the anger, the new season is about to start and I expect to see major changes just like there was last season.

krossaks, Ravrohan, Bellyflop and 6 others like this.
  19. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Last time this really happened was Tohaa during Campaign Paradiso, and Aleph during HSN2. So we're talking 8-10 years ago. And... Tohaa got a fairly mixed/i-dont-get-it kind of reaction iirc, and Aleph was "woah these are crazy"

xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  20. KnightSavant

KnightSavant Member

Did they change the aleph profiles or did it just even out in the end? I haven't heard any big complaints from my local meta (I'm an aleph player)

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation