1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New player here...

Discussion in 'Nomads' started by Ale Antares, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Ba5terD

Ba5terD Member

Gonna have a look into the JCC soon today.

2. Ba5terD

Ba5terD Member

So for now I came up with this list

Nomads
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

[​IMG]8 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    INTRUDER (X-Visor) MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 43)
    INTRUDER HMG, Grenades / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 42)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    TOMCAT Doctor (MediKit) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 22)
    HELLCAT Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 23)
    MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 6)
    GRENZER (Forward Observer, Sensor) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)
    PUPPET MASTERS (Minelayer) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)

4.5 SWC | 218 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I do have 82 points left to fill, but don't know yet where to go further.

What I want to do is, to have units with skills, I would need in pretty much every game. Just like engineers, hackers etc.

My tactic would be to claim objectives fast, while the enemy is distracted by fast units, that can take on some fights to pull and push enemy models where I want them to be. Therefore the glue gun, and 3 units with smoke grenades toa ctually cover my actions. The Intruder is to pick out, what I want to see being picked out. I have a Doc for getting back models, and a mineslayer to deny the enemy some space.

I ahve taken one Grenzer, because I will face Ariadna a lot.

So now I am looking for something, that will take on some fights in the middle field, if I need them to catch the enemy at positions I would like them to do.

Further recommendations and suggestions are more then welcome :)

3. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

You need two things : more regular order (with the AD troops, you only have 6 regular orders at the start of the game) and some skirmisher if you want to push button fast

Also, if you want the grenzer to counter the camo spam (sensor), you will be better off with a stempler and some transdctor zond (because sniffer). Also, if you face Ariadna a lot, you need more defense to slow down the dog warrior.

If you want your minelayer to be a real pain to Ariadna, you need a minelayer that can deploy its mine in the midfield, to force camo marker to dodge it

Finally, if you want your tomcat only to heal your heavy hitter, a daktari can do it as well and for less point

Roughly, this is how I would modify it :
    Nomads

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]9
    ZERO (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    ZERO (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    MORAN (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 22)
    JAGUAR Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW. (0 | 10)
    PUPPET MASTERS Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    ZONDBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    HELLCAT Combi Rifle, Adhesive Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 23)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]5 [​IMG]2 [​IMG]2
    STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    TRANSDUCTOR ZOND Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

4. Ba5terD

Ba5terD Member

That sounds pretty good, as my lists indeed tend to have not that great amount of regular orders.

I came up with this list now, but has the same issue.

Nomads

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]4
    INTERVENTOR Hacker Lieutenant (Hacking Device Plus) Combi Rifle, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 27)
    MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Assault Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 8)
    MORLOCK Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, E/M CCW. (0 | 6)
    SPEKTR Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 30)
    SPEKTR Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 36)
    ZERO Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2
    GRENZER MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    GRENZER (Forward Observer, Sensor) Combi Rifle + Light Flamethrower / Pistol, Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)

6 SWC | 287 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Recently, I found out, that deciding wich roles to have is a good sarting point, not just raw weapon stats.
    So this list would kind of have some flavor due to a mix of roles, but the order amount again isn't great.

Atm I am thinking about a good starter pack, since I have to be a little economic on my purchases atm.

Was concidering those:

Nomads starter pack
    [​IMG]

Securitate Pack
    [​IMG]

So I'd like to choose a pack for first purchase, where it is good to start from and extend it with

Interventors as ultimate hackers
    Intruders for sniping and map control
    Spektrs for speculative shot with Boarding Shotgun agains camo units

I would have

Alguaciles for refular orders and smoke coverage
    Grenzer as a first sniper with MSV L1
    Grenzer as Forward Observer
    Already one Spektr as Infiltration surprise
    Mobile Brigada as heavy Disctractor
    Securitate for Midline Fighters ( they seem to be not that great )

5. Arkhos94

Arkhos94 Well-Known Member

A few more comments :

Regarding order, I'm not a big fan of Alguaciles (except in sectorial where you can FT them) :
    - jaguar are the same price and bring smoke + template weapon and good CC
    - transductor zond are cheaper and bring repeater and nice mid range ARO with mimetism and flash pulse (good to stop AD coming from the table edge)
    - moderator are 1 point cheaper and bring electric pulse (which can sometime be usefull)

Securitate are good as an alternate lieutenant. If you want to hide your lieutenant (because mission require to kill him or because you fear assassination) or because you need point/swc (compare to interventor), taking 2 to 3 baseline securitate (1 lieutenant and 1-2 decoy) is a good choice (other cheap lieutenant option all cost swc)

Spektr are nice but I prefer multiple Skirmisher and zero are better at this because they are cheaper (here it come more to personnal preference). I can take 2 zero and 1 moran for the price of 2 Spektr.

Ba5terD likes this.
  6. Ba5terD

Ba5terD Member

So my conclusion would be, that te Nomad Starter would not be that of a great deal?

I was thinking the same, sometimes different units compete for the same slots, really :)

7. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

Alguaciles are better than Jags for cheerleading, after the Transductor zonds and a puppeteer. Jags are not that great in vanilla because Morlocks do their role better. If you are planning CJC though, Jags are invaluable.

The Nomad starter isn't a bad deal if you plan to delve into CJC.

Ba5terD likes this.
  8. loricus

loricus Satellite Druid

Morlocks aren't regular.

Alguacilles have an unlinked role by being both a cheap order and forward observer.

I like to keep an Intruder in CG2 with a small order pool, especially the MSR. Morlocks are also good with a second order pool if you don't spend that many orders on them. Same with Interventor, if you don't spend too many orders on it.

I also like to put an AD there as well. I can transfer it to CG 1 if I need to, but Hellcat Paramedic or Hellcat HMG can usually just use the second order pool.

Some other units I like in the second CG is the EVO and Moran.

Ba5terD likes this.
  9. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

You got a few good advices here @Ba5terD. The most important is the need of a healthy pool of orders to being able to play and endure loses; your lists include too many irregular/ADs and Elite pieces to be able to use your main combat group efficiently (In my 4 ADs list I included also few orders per combat group, but my 2 combat groups can act as a attack and support groups, so that list can get away with it because it can use easily 12 or more orders ofensively in turn 1)

Another important point is balance your ofensive and defensive power, intruders are great ofensive pieces, but aren't solid as reactive. You need orders to use these pieces and defensive models to avoid them to get picked off easily. And try not to include too many expensive pieces unless you have a solid plan. In your list you have 2 intruders, 2 ADs and 1 expensive Grenzer; you want to be expending orders in most of those, not keep them around as cheerleaders.

A grenzer is good, but he is also expensive, slow and squishy; not the best model for CAMO hunting. Stempler + transduction is better in this case because these are cheaper (which means more orders for your ofensive pieces and a few extra AROs) and they are also way faster and eficient with sniffers. However the sensor strategy is also order intensive, it won't always be your best choice. To counter CAMO, a healthy ammount of mines and a few skirmishers will help a lot; zero (minelayer) is a cheap and useful piece to make life harder for CAMO.

For example, try to start your list from the defensive side and then fill the ofensive; something like this is a good base for your list until you get a good grasp in the game:
    Defensive base list

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]7
    REAKTION ZOND HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    PUPPET MASTERS (Minelayer) Submachine Gun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 14)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]1 [​IMG]3
    HECKLER Combi Rifle, Jammer, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    LIBERTO Submachine Gun, Chain-colt, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 8)
    WARCOR (360º Visor) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
    MONSTRUCKER Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

3 SWC | 163 Points

Open in Infinity Army

You need 1 hacker to buff the reaktion (who can be used as a reactive and active piece), you can change the Puppet Master for the Hacker version or include other like an Interventor or an EVO.
    The monstrucker can be changed for a clockmaker; or you can include Zoe and Pi-well to cover both engineer and hacker.

A version with no Reaktion
    Defensive base list

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6
    SIN-EATER MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 33)
    ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)
    MORAN Boarding Shotgun, CrazyKoalas (2) / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]3
    HECKLER Boarding Shotgun, E/Marat / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
    DAKTARI Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    MONSTRUCKER Submachine Gun, Chain Rifle, Drop Bears / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)

3.5 SWC | 205 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Evo Hackers are also amazing to boost the defense thanks to overclock (but that implies REM heavy list), getting a few flash pulses and a feuerbacth with B2 can really help (plus the passive bonus to AD, sat-lock...)
    Defensive EVO list

LUNOKHOD Heavy Shotgun, Akrylat-Kanone, D-Charges, CrazyKoalas (2) / Electric Pulse. (0 | 24)
    TSYKLON Spitfire, Pitcher / Electric Pulse. (1 | 31)
    STEMPLER ZOND Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    ZERO Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 21)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]2
    SALYUT Hacker (EVO Hacking Device) Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 25)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

3.5 SWC | 201 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Or even go full defensive with a double Reaktion.
    Double Reaktion base

HECKLER Combi Rifle, Jammer, 1 FastPanda / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]2
    PUPPET MASTERS Hacker (Hacking Device) Submachine Gun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 20)
    CLOCKMAKER Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

4 SWC | 206 Points

Open in Infinity Army

You have another defensive options in the faction, if you don't want to include REM/Hacker the Sin eaters are expensive but good in reactive. A BS zondnautica is a good corner defensive piece.
    An spektr TO Multi sniper is also good to get AROs the enemy aren't expecting (or catching someone in the second movement), however they are very expensive, not one of my favourite.
    Lunokhod are very good guarding the DZ thanks to template, plus koalas, plus shotgun...
    A few morlocks and Jaguars are also good for DZ defense (and a CRAP morlock might be nice back up offensive piece when the enemy overextend)

I recommend you to start with lists loaded in defense with 2 or 3 ofensive models; then start moving towards more agressive lists. As some rules of thumb:
    • Anything that costs more than 23-24 points must be an important piece that you plan to use offensively or a powerful Support/ARO.
    • Include disposable pieces and ARO models to slow down the enemy.
    • Try to have at least 9 regular orders in your main combat group and pack the support pieces in the secondary group (for example, you want the order to use Assisted Fire coming from the secondary combat group)
    • Plan posible coordinated orders (place sniffers and mines, use weapons, ADs...)
    • If you include an obvious Lt, be sure you can defend him.

#49 Ogid, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  10. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

It really depends on what style you want, vanilla nomads is very versatile.
    The nomads or Tungunska starters are good to start; Nomads pack is very Corregidor focused and you seem to like that sectorial; the Tungunska include a few powerful models that you can use in Vanilla easily (Kriza, Hollow and Heckler); the models you don't use can be used as proxies

Pick 1 to start:
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/nomads-starter-pack Nomads starter (if you plan to expand into Corregidor)
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/tunguska-sectorial-starter-pack Tungunska starter (good all rounded pack)

Vanilla
    Very good to buy early:
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/intruder-hmg Intruder HMG, nuff said
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/zeros-combi-rifle-hacker Zeros, nuff said
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/nomads-support-pack Support pack, buy early
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/zonds-remotes Reaktion+Vertigo buy early
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/die-morlock-gruppe Morlocks

Good choices after that:
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/tunguska-interventors You will only use 1 most of the time, but the blister with only 1 doesn't look that good imo.
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/hecklers-combi-rifle Heckler
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/warga...s/moran-maasai-hunter-combi-rifle-crazykoalas Moran
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/hellcats-hacker-boarding-shotgun Hellcats
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/tomcats Tomcat Box; 4 models; save for later unless you want to play AD heavy.
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/warcors Warcor

Other good choices for Vanilla but more situational; buy them only if they fit your style:
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/zoe-and-pi-well-engineer-and-remote Zoe and Pi-well.
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/taskmaster Taskmaster, jack of all trades
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/bran-do-castro-da-ccw Bran, good "assassin" with unpararel mobility.
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/corregidor-bandits Bandits, very good but irregular.
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/tsyklon-sputniks Tskylon (only if you favor REMs as attack pieces or EVO)
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/salyut-zonds-evo-repeater-combi-rifle EVO
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/lunokhod-sputniks-crazykoalas Lunokhod.
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/lizard-squadron-tag Lizzard, TAG for HGL shenanigans
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/szalamandra-squadron Very good TAG

Corregidor
    Very good buy early:
    intruder HMG + Support pack + Zond box (see above)
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/alguaciles Alguaciles
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/corregidor-jaguars Jaguars
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/senor-massacre-ap-ccw-e-m-ccw Massacre
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/warga...tearlach-mcmurrough-2-chain-rifle-templar-ccw McMurder

AD heavy style:
    Tomcat and Hellcat (see above)
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/warga...ta-kowalsky-and-moriarty-combi-rifle-light-ft I don't usually fit her in my lists but she is good.

HI/TAG pain train style:
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/mobile-brigada Brigada
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/gecko-squadron Geckos; Cheap TAG can duo.
    Tskylon (see above)

For later (corregidor)
    Bandits (see avove)
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/corregidor-sectorial-starter-pac Save this one for later (wildcats aren't meta right now)
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/wildcats-heavy-rocket-launcher Wildcat HRL
    https://store.corvusbelli.com/wargames/infinity/miniatures/valerya-gromoz-hacker Valerya (Hacker); you can proxy her.
    Other REMs that you like.

#50 Ogid, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation