1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gonna Buy It?

Discussion in 'General' started by gregmurdock, Mar 30, 2019.

?

How much are you willing to pay to ks Defiance?

1. Not ksing Defiance.

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. €0~50

11 vote(s)
    4.7%
  3. €51~75

19 vote(s)
    8.1%
  4. €76~100

41 vote(s)
    17.5%
  5. €101~125

25 vote(s)
    10.7%
  6. €126~150

27 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. €151~200

38 vote(s)
    16.2%
  8. No price is too high.

35 vote(s)
    15.0%
  1. ev0k

ev0k Well-Known Member

I might have missed solething, because i still feel like you and @Section9 are talking about different issues.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  2. gregmurdock

gregmurdock Extremely Beloved Member

I originally voted 76~100 but earlier this week I mentioned this game to my D&D/board gaming group and their eyes lit up so I think I'm gonna go all in. They're playing through Gloomhaven right now so their current interests may be colored slightly.

Deltervees and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Partially.

I was talking about both
    1. some idiot not properly accounting for the cost of all the freebies and spending all their funding; and
    2. how all the KS freebies can make it so that there are no retail sales.
    Robotech is a mix of the two, but the more critical item was that there were no retail sales needed when the basic KS backer got very nearly an entire free starter box.

4. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

I wonder if the current general situation allows that. Even if just for the publicity aspect of crowdfunding taken alone (notice: KS, not other platforms are considered valid... that already says something), ignoring economic one (CB is already operating on preorder basis for big things).

5. sevsterino

sevsterino Well-Known Member

Preorder CB is operating is nothing like preorder from a KS. Right now they do preorders a month before the release. I would say the product is already made at that point.
    KS used as preorder is to gauge the number of boxes they should make and then pulling the trigger. It gives them a good idea about the popularity before deciding how many copies they want. It will take few months to actually get the product in hand.

I imagine when KS starts, CB will have a core box completely designed and ready to print. Some add-ons designed and some add-ons and expansions just in the design stage to be produced at later stage.

colbrook, ev0k and Savnock like this.
  6. leigen_zero

leigen_zero Morat Pacifist

It's unlikely I will bother getting this, the local infinity meta is well established so there'll probably be 2-3 copies floating around and I don't have any friends/family outside the regular gaming club that actually play TTGs to warrant owning a copy for personal use.

2nd reason is I've really gone off the whole 'putting money down now for hopefully something in a years time' thing, I decided the Hellboy boardgame KS was the last one I was going to back. I just hope that the KS hype train doesn't completely kill all retail interest like I've seen for quite a number of things.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  7. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Remember when Angel's first book was put on pre-order? CB took 8,700 pre-orders. Angel only had enough personal cash to get 5,500 books printed, and was unwilling/unable to get loans for a larger print run due to having to surrender some control on the project. [ edit: CB finally said, well, as a business we have to honor all these pre-orders, so we will fund enough books to make the project happen. Angel will keep creative control over the book. ]

A similar thing happened to Operation Icestorm. CB made enough copies for what they thought would last 2 years (to the next Operation box release), and sold that entire stock in about 2 months, then had to scramble for funding to make another batch of box sets.

Intelligent KSing, with limited stretch goals and KS freebies, is an excellent tool for gauging demand for a product. But it's really easy to screw up.

#67 Section9, Apr 4, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  8. Postmortem

Postmortem Kazak Arachnophile

Truth.

I would argue that Exclusives are a real problem. If you go without them though, you have to provide some other incentive to backers. Otherwise, why bother backing? Just wait for retail. If you have a bunch, or some really juicy ones, you create some salty retail customers.

KS is damn tricky.

JacobJ likes this.
  9. LazyBrush

LazyBrush Well-Known Member

my bet its :

-rule book
    -core box (15-20 minis)
    - 2 or 3 expansion sets (3 -6 minis each, maybe 7 )
    -campaign book
    -some special limited minis
    -scenografy (luxumbra ks style)

10. zephen1802

zephen1802 Active Member

I'm just hoping there is a retailer pledge level.

11. Chikahiro

Chikahiro Well-Known Member

Too soon to say, but I'm quite interested. I'm exceedingly happy with Aristeia, and starting to check into Infinity.

12. redeemer

redeemer Well-Known Member

Sweet I've been waiting for a true co-op game in the infinity universe since 3rd edition was released. The only thing that may make me not support the kickstarter is if the shipping costs go out of hand, I dont mind dropping 400-500$ on a new game however I will not waste a third of my cash on shipping not even for the coolest mini ever(unless it is like a mecha).

oldGregg likes this.
  13. Cartographer

Cartographer Well-Known Member

Oh god, now you're making me hope for a box-exclusive Sphinx sculpt...

Yog.0, WarHound, Ginrei and 1 other person like this.
  14. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

Absolutely this.

15. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

I have to say that for Icestorm, the preorders alone eclipsed not only the most optimistic predictions but the entire planned stock for the six months after release.

16. Dayman

Dayman Member

I'm all in, assuming it's good value for money, whatever that price point may be.
    I'm assuming there will be a lot of crossover with infinity, and if Corvus Belli are savvy, they will include enough minis for an Infinity army, which is a nice auto cross sell into the board game crowd.
    Heck, an aristeia team smuggled in there would be sweet too! (Metal soldiers of fortune anyone?)

To echo the opinions of others, including the option to get plastic minis will definately draw in more of the board game crowd, objectively speaking. I mean I want the metal ones so eh, but for the wider market, plastic as an option is what to do.

Golem2God likes this.
  17. Postmortem

Postmortem Kazak Arachnophile

I really hope there is a way to use some of my Infinity models in the game. At the very least, some rules or a guide for homebrewing.

18. chromedog

chromedog Less than significant minion

Still waiting to see anything on the GAME itself. I can't even feign interest in a "GAME" promo when nothing about the game has been shown yet.

BLOODGOD and Wyrmnax like this.
  19. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

You will probably have to wait until then for full reveal, so far we have some of the production facts and the overall plot.

20. Wyrmnax

Wyrmnax Well-Known Member

Not kickstarting it.

Might buy later on.

The kickstarter format kinda really hurts distributors for the game, and down here where I live support for miniature games is very hard to come by in the first place. Kickstarter means the the few specialized stores around the area want nothing to do with the game in that phase, as there is pretty much nothing that they CAN do at that point. makes it really hard for the supporting stores to actually support the game.

So yeah, It is a really hard for game stores to support it, and that in itself makes the game even more niche than it already was going to be. For a rgame that could very well serve to increase the number of gaming players, not having a store willing to support it might be a death sentence in the region.

#80 Wyrmnax, Jul 24, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation