1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Archangeleong's Armies Log

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by archangeleong, Jul 9, 2018.

1. maru

maru Well-Known Member

So sometimes you need a litle push and al things starts roling ... :)

jherazob and archangeleong like this.
  2. wisefaiz

wisefaiz Well-Known Member

Wonderful conversion, paintjob, and of course, leather coat :sunglasses: I've been eyeing up your Fasid paint job before starting my own

archangeleong likes this.
  3. primus7

primus7 New Member

WOW! Some outstanding work there friend. Thanks for sharing. I love coming here to get some inspiration to paint.

4. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

That is a stunning Cube Jager!!!

5. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: Authorized Bounty Hunter

[​IMG]

Authorized Bounty Hunter
    Wandering the wasteland of the Human Edge with his beautiful lover, this Authorized Bounty Hunter is a hired gun whose itinerant lifestyle belies his combat skill and professionalism. Likely an outcast of a former career in black ops, it appears that his body has undergone full cybernetic replacement after some horrific trauma. There is a certain pathos that he can never again feel his lovers embrace on his skin during this lifetime, but her dedication to their love goes far beyond the skin deep. Who knows, perhaps one day they will be able to afford a new lhost for him. In the meantime, they will put their considerable combat acumen to good use (to the highest bidder) in order to earn enough coin to fulfil their dreams.

This guy was converted from the Hsien from Operation Red Veil. I tried to capture the essence of the limited edition ABH, which in turn had a bit of an Appleseed's Biareos vibe about it. The conversion utilised the standard parts of the Hsien, with the back fins carved to become "rabbit ears," along with greenstuff sculpted as required. After I built the head it felt necessary to bulk out the shoulders a bit so that the head didn't seem to large. Thus I added plastic shoulder guards scavenged from my old 40k Imperial guard bits box. I also added pouches and a knife, sourced from IG as well as a Ghulam backpack, in order to kit up the model to pay homage to both the studio ABH as well as Briareos. The paint scheme harks back to the original limited edition ABH and blends it to my Ikari Company colours. Painting this guy felt like I am finally getting used to light source painting on 3d models. Can you guess what number he rolled on the Booty L1 table?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

WIP pics at: https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2019/07/infinity-ikari-company-authorized.html

redeemer, Knauf, Daimeow and 14 others like this.
  6. maru

maru Well-Known Member

Looks cool head is from ?? it is just Hsien + ears ??
    other thing you can weather any surfaces and this would add a lot to this blue coat or just texture it or made a color transicion to green ot other one like purple - or user complementary to blue to create a interesting shadows (dark brownish Yellow - like snake bite leather just almost black )

7. archangeleong

Head is made from Hsien head and back fins, plus some green stuff. :-)

8. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Well-Known Member

Where is his right hand from?

#308 Ben Kenobi, Jul 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  9. maru

maru Well-Known Member

i would bet Wh40k Imperial Guards they got symilar ones ans pouches looks familiar to :)

10. archangeleong

Hsien. Cut off sword and then cut and repositioned the hand.

Ben Kenobi likes this.
  11. archangeleong

Yep, pouches are from Imperial Guard

12. wisefaiz

wisefaiz Well-Known Member

Amazing conversion and a very effective ABH!

13. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Extra ARM?

14. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

+3 ARM and HMG because he's so cool he can make two rolls

Section9 likes this.
  15. archangeleong

Lol yep he rolled a 6 (ARM +4). A little joke I added to his armour markings.

Sangarn is right, I think he deserves a second roll since big guy deserves a big gun! Still if gun can proxy for spitfire or red fury.

Booty is so random rule though, how can you build tactics around the ABH profile?

16. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

You can't in Ikari, in dashat you can take 4 of them (12 pts profile), and use two in the fireteam with the best roll and two other will stay as defence
    if I were you I would play him as a wu ming HMG, you can make a nice haris with him and a AHD brawler or a 3rd Wu ming with pzf

17. archangeleong

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: Wardriver
    [​IMG]

When this little lady came out I have to say I wasn't that interested in getting her as I didn't want to get Operation Cold Front. Then I got into Ikari Co and her artwork image was part of the defining Ikari Co colour scheme, so I just had to have her. I had a lot of trouble trying to get her on the second hand market for a decent price but have now got my mitts on her and am very happy lol! I painted like the Ikari Co artwork pic and am doubly pleased by the results, especially as no one seems to have done this yet (that I could find on the net anyways), including the studio version. I Really like the face plate effect most (cant bring myself to use gloss varnish on it though...)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pics:https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2019/07/infinity-ikari-company-wardriver.html

#317 archangeleong, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    redeemer, lefrank, Engorn and 11 others like this.
  18. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

To be honest, I know want to paint an Ikari army with the color scheme you're using. It just looks great, and I'm looking forward to seeing more! I especially like the work on the sweat-shirt, it gives a more casual/civilian aspect to the model.

jherazob likes this.
  19. archangeleong

Thanks. I copied the Ikari Co artwork from the Uprising Book

[​IMG]

Harlekin and jherazob like this.
  20. Zeidan

Zeidan Baturro Extremo

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation