1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion thread! what've you got going on?

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pierzasty, Nov 23, 2017.

1. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

WIP. I have not eaten for 7 hours. Help me. Must... keep painting...

[​IMG]

2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

It's ok to fast both full or intermediate. Plus it helps you lose weight. Always remember to rehydrate every once in awhile since the body doesn't do well after three days without liquids.
    However, your painting is quite grand. I had a feeling that the Kingdom Death would look/fit right.

Errhile, jherazob and Shirley like this.
  3. Shirley

Hi G2G - I hated up some food and I am ok! I'm gonna go all the way and try to finish off the entire mini tonight. First time ever I've painted a face on a mini! HYPE

Errhile, Golem2God and jherazob like this.
  4. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Hey! Don't hate! Food doesn't deserve it! (unless is that scandinavian fermented shark thing that can empty a building just by smell, that is :joy:)

Golem2God likes this.
  5. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

mittenninja likes this.
  6. Golem2God

Congrats on that. It is quite an accomplishment to paint a face that looks good to the eyes.

7. Shirley

Jhera pls

Also G2G, yes, I sat down earlier today and thought "It's time to apply all that stuff I saw on youtube!"

Then I forgot to eat and I think I had an out of body experience at one point. When I was aware again her face was done! Ain't that convenient?

SHE IS SO CUTE THO

[​IMG]

In fact my landlord was very cross with me because I kept squealing "OH MY GOD SHE'S SO CUTE!!!", every, uh, 2 minutes or so? I guess I become strange if I don't eat for long periods of time.

The little piece of wood with the grass-like object is actually a piece of tree bark with live lichen on it. A lot of lichen grows in the trees near us, and if strong winds come by sometimes branches full of them will fall out of the sky. Great for miniatures or succulent/ windowsill plant gardens. If you give it some sunlight and keep it in an environment that isn't too dry, they live for a while too!

Here are some other pictures/ angles. Finishing up the base and some touchup + varnish tomorrow. The total time taken including conversion should be just under 24 hours. Without the conversion it actually probably isnt even over 5! Let's discount the time I spent hallucinating.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SO CUTE

[​IMG]

With this, I have no more sanity left for the night. Goodnight and see you tomorrow!

#1267 Shirley, Jul 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Tongfa, McNamara, LazyBrush and 14 others like this.
  8. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Faces are quite hard to do! You did a good job on her, she's quite cute indeed.

Golem2God and Shirley like this.
  9. Shirley

She's too precious for this cruel dice crit world.

Seriously though, I did some studies on a subject I had mentioned earlier - about how the brain auto-fills information once it has been given enough visual cues. Squinting at paintings was the analogy I used but the concept was the same. I studied a few youtube videos on how people painted faces, tried to understand the concepts, copy the motions, and then finally apply the "squint and see if it is like a face" mechanic to it. I'm glad it didn't turn out like melted-face space marine. I should do more faces to get the technique down better.

jherazob, Section9 and Golem2God like this.
  10. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Love the colour scheme @Shirley ! And congrats on the face! The are tough to do well! There's a reason almost all my models have helmets on! Lol

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Shirley

Thanks, I love it too! I think I could go a little more orange and a little less brown. Full disclosure though, that paint recipe for the orange-brown was not thought up by me - it was by this guy at Eternal Rival.

Guy seems to write on a lot of YJ, so I look at his blog for info and paint scheme ideas. It's a good blog. The close-ups all show this tiny blob under her eye, but I can't see it even if I put the mini up to my face! If I had to guess it's a patch of Reikand fleshshade that pooled for some reason. It's a little too tiny for me to correct, though. I also prefer the helmheads myself, but after this one I think I might have become addicted to cute infinity minis.

After all, it's very easy to simply take their heads off...

[​IMG]

12. dulydude

dulydude Active Lurker

Well that is an impressive saw you have there sir...I feel like I'll need to upgrade mine soon...

Golem2God likes this.
  13. Shirley

I'm a Miss! It was an expensive saw, yes, but Brian Meek at Knew Concepts was very, very helpful. He told me exactly the kind I'd need for mini work, in addition to blade size. It's been very useful for lopping off head, although I've only taken two heads so far. Speaking of heads, here's the last WIP before completion - I've given her eyebrows and shaded her hair.

[​IMG]

Onward to moss, lichen, and varnish!

Good thing I took that pic. Fixed the strange circle on her hair.

14. Shirley

Hey everyone, I'm finally done!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

More info can be found on my paint log thread.

[​IMG]

Damaged Neoterran Bolts Medic > Zhanshi Yisheng conversion. Thanks for viewing!

Next up: Tai Sheng. Her ponytail's almost as huge as her gun.

#1274 Shirley, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  15. Golem2God

@Shirley Glad to see someone else use natural God-made stuff to decorate their bases. It saves you money and adds a natural look to the environment of your base which is the background of your force/models.

As someone who loves the hobby aspect of converting and making a stock model different I love it when an idea becomes reality. Even if it is not how I originally envisioned it sometimes aiming for the closest you can get is better than not finishing anything at all. When my imagination becomes reality I too feel giddy/happy inwardly. So I understand the feeling of getting excited when something pleasantly surprises you or an idea works out. It is nice to hear people outwardly admit how pleased they are with their work.

And as for helmet vs face it varies for me. Design plays a role in which look I think works better. So my opinion varies on the choice depending on the total combination of parts used.

Shirley likes this.
  16. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

INFINITY IKARI COMPANY: Authorized Bounty Hunter

Finally got this guy painted. Yay!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More pics at: https://archangelelonginfinitythegame.blogspot.com/2019/07/infinity-ikari-company-authorized.html

- and at: https://forum.corvusbelli.com/threads/archangeleongs-jsa-army-ikari-co-miniatures-log.23947/page-16

#1276 archangeleong, Jul 20, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
    Deathwig, Tongfa, McNamara and 23 others like this.
  17. Smiler

Smiler Well-Known Member

Can you share the details of the saw type and blade? I've been using a razor saw which is effective at cutting straight but hard to do more subtle cuts with

jherazob and Golem2God like this.
  18. Lucian

Lucian Catgirl Nation

Phew... It was long, it was tedious, but here's an Odalisque with SMG for ya. The idea was to make her in the middle of reloading mags.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    With the amount of new cheap SMG loadouts I really wish I could find a better source for SMGs. These from Ancil Industry are very big (and these are from 4-pack which are smaller, the separate MP5s are the size of a combi-rifle)

If anyone interested, the best way to mount these guns so far is to file down the original weapon to this L-shaped handle. That gives a really good surface area.
    [​IMG]

Shirley, Del S, roobot and 1 other person like this.
  19. Del S

Del S Tunguskaball

I think many 28mm scale heroic weapons can sometimes be closer to 1/35th, which annoyingly is pretty much the only other common scale of weapons out there. And in most cases look huge on an Infinity mini.

Maybe some of the weapons here could be helpful in future, I keep wanting to track down some more, like Trumpeters MP7s and UMPs, or some other examples from Shapeways.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Golem2God

Can you add some 40k weapons to the linked thread? I know you haven't post on there in awhile but I'd be interested to see how the sizes compare. It would certainly help in finding alternate bits for Infinity weapons if modern or historical minis are not what you are looking for.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation