1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of Tohaa

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Duront, Jun 30, 2019.

1. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Lets honestly think on this. There are what? 30~ ish units per sectorial. Maybe 22~ of them unique + Patches, Dice, books, bases, etc.

Lets say between starter boxes and every peripheral it averages out to 20 SKUs per sectorial + 10/faction that are vanilla only.

We have ~25 'unique' Sectorials in the game now. + 9 Vanilla factions. That's almost 600 SKUs of product.

Not all the product will sell at the same rate. Particularly older product or product that isn't as popular in game will not sell well. Would you as a store want to stock 600 items if you think maybe 150 of them are going to be selling regularly at any given time? What about as a Distributor? Do you want to order in thousands of products to ship across a region and hope that you can get rid of the ones that are unpopular?

Now that doesn't mean that discontinuing factions is the best choice. But SKU bloat is a concrete issue CB has to tackle.

2. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@TheRedZealot Never though about it in that manner. CB has overextended itself with all the units that are available right now. It does seem like a good practice but as @CabalTrainee said, perhaps having CB allow made-to-order orders for modern sculpts that are OOP due to SKU bloat. That way people would still be able to get certain units while CB doesn't waste resources on having a steady production of items that don't sell well.

TheRedZealot likes this.
  3. TheRedZealot

Warcor

Definitely a possibility but it still will cost CB money on storage and production right. Smaller runs are more expensive. Molds still need to be maintained and stored. The question I think is whether CB think that idea is profitable and I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt that they probably considered it and looked at it from a business standpoint.

My own personal opinion is that a simpler solution would be to encourage more people to convert/proxy units from ones that are in production.

Metal730 and Golem2God like this.
  4. Golem2God

I agree with your statements. Proxing or converting seems to be the best route for us going forward. It is what I plan on doing as my Tohaa force idea grows.

#84 Golem2God, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  5. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

2 boxes + 3 blisters /month is the problem, no misteries here

6. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

Maybe they should have make a big box with all refences of the discontinue sku instead of having like 10 box and many blisters they would have only one ref. They could sell it only on their store and have little stock... sounds better than nothing

7. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Discontinued items should be made to order directly on their website. I think this would make distributors happy ( they shelf/storage less stuff ), make CB happy ( 100% of the money goes to you, yay ) and players ( still get access to everything ).
    They could do limited production runs for discontinued items, for example open order window every 1-2 months let players order stuff from a single discontinued sectorial. And then rotate them. This way you don't have to dedicate tons of storage space for entire year or dedicate workforce to cast this stuff regularly. 30 days order windows until stocks last and that's it. If you didn't get what you wanted, just wait a few months and it will be back.
    Oh btw I think USAR are going away next, so buy those while you can :-D

xagroth, ChoTimberwolf and Golem2God like this.
  8. Golem2God

Exactly. This is what I tried to convey in my above post.
    Please no. First MRRF and now USA?! The main reasons I choose Ariadna both going OOP? I certainly hope not. I know that the 6 model starter is going bye-bye in September along with the Boarding Shotgun Devil Dog box. Let that be it CB. Quit while you are ahead.

9. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

What makes you think this ?

10. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

Starter and Devil Dogs were discontinued this month.

I personally think Bakunin is more likely to go first, but USA and NCA should be worried.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. Golem2God

I've also thought of Caledonia. They got a few resculpts one year back but then the new stuff stopped coming. The same thing happened to ASA before their stuff became OOP and placed on the shelf.

Wait, the USA boxes was discontinued this month? I thought August was the last month before the discontinuing?

12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

The issue with those two is that both* in the USAriadna Army Box which is still available, and is the first thing USAriadna players generally buy. Both the starter and the Devil Dog are phenomenally bad sellers because of being duplicates, in my experience.

*With an arm swap on the Devil Dog.

xagroth and Golem2God like this.
  13. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I was half joking. But it is either them or Caledonia ( presumably one that sells worse ) when French get a rework. And I kinda expect French in the next year, my guess Adepticon.

14. Golem2God

Ya, that is true. Still I don't like the idea of newer sculpts going OOP due to what happened to ASA.
    I think Caledonia will go first. Which now makes me want grab some 45th Highlander boxes from the sectorial before any possible surprise that may come next year.

15. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

SO 2 WEEKS FOR GENCON VIDEO

Expects for Greif Operator concept? Render?

Chaksa longarms concept?

Some words about the Tohaa future?

New Neema Saatar S5?

- Hey and what about me? Give me concept! Talk about me!
    * Who are you?
    - Taqeul!
    * Nothing for you!

16. Ghost_from_warp

Ghost_from_warp Classified

they were deleted from booklet for Wildfire as one fo the playable army's. I guess tohaa pretty much dead for next few years.

Golem2God, Abrilete and melkiach like this.
  17. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

WE NEED TO OPEN THAT DAMN PORTAL ASAP!!!!!!!!

Cothel, Golem2God, Metal730 and 2 others like this.
  18. daszul

daszul Well-Known Member

Just drop the Longarms completely,
    and add Taqeul to Spiral (with concept and model)!

19. TheRedZealot

Warcor

I was trying to conceptualize how to make Longarms worth while and it occurred to me a Special Tried with a Long Arm and 2 Chaksa Auxiliars would be a simple fix.

Aemaru, Abrilete, Cothel and 2 others like this.
  20. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

Nice idea for an Expedicionary Exalted Tohaa sectorial, when the Daedalu's wanna work again

Abrilete and Golem2God like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation