1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are you doing with Holo1 on your Taagma?

Discussion in 'Spiral Corps' started by meikyoushisui, Jul 10, 2019.

1. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

I'm not using this skill nearly well enough.

I've done the basic 3 Chaksa link with Holo1 to hide the obvious lt, but what are some other things you've done with Holo1 on your Taagma that felt worthwhile?

2. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

3. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Ive seen it proxied as a Brawler HRL at least once, hillarious if the opponent smokes so they can move past it

4. CM_Punk

CM_Punk Member

I like the idea of having a 3 Chaksa Triad, where the opponent obviously knows that 1 is fake - but in reality all 3 are Taagma!
    Maybe not the smartest but funny.

Also had some fun with just hiding my Spec Op as the Viral Sniper Taagma and then when there is white noise: LRL right in the face

Berjiz, Abrilete and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  5. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

Kosuil Minelayer with a Clipsos or Igao in camo marker state near. If your opponent doesnt pay attention he may think it is a mine

Berjiz, Cothel and WarHound like this.
  6. RobertShepherd

Courtesy list taken from an event I ran today. Micro is an awesome guy, but just sometimes he's also a master troll. 20190713_193356.jpg

7. RobertShepherd

You are obliged to tell your opponent how many mines remain, and you aren't allowed to say a model holoprojecting as a minelayer profile has fewer than the starting amount of mines. Effectively this tactic only works if you're willing to cheat. Sorry. :(

8. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Unfortunately that doesn't work, as you ...

Ninja'd by RobertShepherd as I typed...

borings, Metal730 and RobertShepherd like this.
  9. Sora9785

Sora9785 Well-Known Member

Okay then I would simply Holo Kosuil K1. It is a relativly strong model with 2 wounds and can tear through heavy armour

Cothel and RobertShepherd like this.
  10. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

Holo as a Kosuil with Boarding Shotgun and Panzerfaust is also not a bad option for the Sniper. You could leave it out as a scary ARO that your opponent may take a chance at from longer range or through smoke.

Hiding it as a diplomat or Warcor is also fun if you take a helot along because the Taagma will generates a regular order regardless of what is shown on the courtesy list, but the Helot will generate an irregular order and will not be on the table to show who generated it.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  11. Diphoration

Diphoration Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Group 1 warcor is obviously fake because of the order count.

Metal730 likes this.
  12. RobertShepherd

While you're not wrong, forgive me for saying, this is a pretty galaxy brain response. Order counts aren't public until the first order phase, which at minimum takes place after both players are fully deployed. So I'd say the group one warcors will probably be obviously fake because they're joining triads during the reserve phase of deployment.

The point is just to mess with the other player long enough to gain a bit of advantage. And also, more specifically, to have a little bit of a joke at my expense, since the player in question pulled this trick on me with just one warcor deployed on a rooftop near a couple chaksas at ground level one time. That was a very reasonable deployment, and I deployed assuming the warcor was a warcor right up until it joined a triad and I realised my McMurrough was deployed so that any impetuous move would take him through LOF not of a flash pulse but rather an MSV viral sniper.

13. Metal730

Metal730 Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I'm pretty sure this is not correct. The following is from the wiki, "You must share Open Information about your Army List while you deploy your models during the Deployment Phase, and also any time your opponent asks during the game."

Unless I'm mistaken nothing about order counts or order type is private information unless the model is hidden or airborne. Holoprojector itself is private but the amount and type of orders in your order pools is not. So, if you deployed 9 models and a warcor in group 1 and I asked, "How many orders do you have and in which groups are they?" I believe you would be obligated to tell me you have 10 regular orders in group 1 at which point I would know the "warcor" is not a real warcor.

Edit: I would be allowed to ask these questions and expect the answer during deployment according to the above.

Edit 2: I ask this in pretty much every game I play. Mostly to get an idea of what I'm up against overall and how much damage I need to inflict going first or survive vs if I go 2nd. I usually forget to think about shenanigans until after I've deployed.

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  14. RobertShepherd

Until a model generates an order, they only public information about it is its training characteristic. The training characteristic of a warcor is irregular. The irregular warcor will then generate a regular order during the first order phase, revealing something to be awry. Of course the fact that it joined a link will also indicate this.

#14 RobertShepherd, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    ijw and meikyoushisui like this.
  15. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

This is a mistake on courtesy lists. Order counts / types are not public until the order count phase of your turn.

16. Metal730

Warcor

Is this written anywhere? I know a lot of people (myself included) who don't play this way. If this is a thing I'd like to be able to point to something official.

I'd love to have a "warcor" or "monstrucker" start near 2 chaksa in deployment and then spend the command token to link them when I start my turn. I usually take Neema so the token usage doesn't hurt and in the right circumstances could be a nice trick to pull off. This doesn't work if what I described is the case though because they'll know it's a regular order.

Also, does holoprojector change a units training? If being hackable is open information on a unit with holoprojector I would imagine that it's real training would also be open info. Meaning I couldn't say the "warcor" was irregular.

17. RobertShepherd

Suggest you chuck this up on the rules forum @Metal730 . This sort of question gets asked a lot.

Worth noting that a holoprojector model's hackable traits only become public when that model enters the hacking area of an enemy - not before, and not at deployment (unless they are in enemy hacking area at deployment, which they might be in a scenario like transmission matrix).

meikyoushisui and Metal730 like this.
  18. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

You need to share info if unit is or not hackable when an opponent come to your control zone. If not no need

Metal730 likes this.
  19. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

It doesn't need to be - you don't have an Order Pool until the start of your own Player Turn.

20. Metal730

Warcor

Fair enough!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation