1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conversion thread! what've you got going on?

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by Pierzasty, Nov 23, 2017.

1. kensai

kensai New Member

what are the parts used?

#1241 kensai, Jul 16, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2019
  2. mittenninja

mittenninja Invincibles NCO

Ryuken 9 for the torso/right arm
    Zulyenka for the head
    Kuroshi for the left arm
    Yoriko for the blade

Golem2God and dulydude like this.
  3. Shirley

Shirley Well-Known Member

Hi all, not sure if this is the right place for this, but I was thinking about making a Tai Sheng conversion. Problem is, MK12s seem gigantic, and I can't find a good source model for it. Does a Diomedes arm seem feasible if I'd like to attach it to a female Zuyong mini? Maybe even a Daoying operative if I can find a spare somewhere.

The clean arm joint seems to make it easy to steal/ repurpose, and terracotta armour plates dont seem too hard to make. Thoughts?

[​IMG]

Golem2God likes this.
  4. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@Shirley While I never owned the model I do think it is worth a shot. The vast majority of the Steel Phalanx model range is older sculpts and are smaller in scope compared to the newer stuff from Infinity. Because of that I think the weapons should fit the newer female minis no problem.

5. Shirley

Hmm. I'll keep that in mind. It should be relatively easy to make the shoulderpad/ carve some tubing onto there, but the main issue is finding a body that fits. Maybe I should pick up that messed up Diomedes I saw on ebay for salvage...

Golem2God likes this.
  6. Golem2God

It might just work but the only way to know is to actually try. Hope to hear of your idea's success very soon.

7. LaughinGod

LaughinGod Well-Known Member
    Warcor

@Shirley even though older Steel Phalanx stuff is smaller compared to new stuff, 99,9% of the females from the new range are same or sometimes even smaller than females that were hand sculpted. I have female Zhuyong that model is both tiny and also very hard to convert to anything because of the way parts are made ( at least boarding shotgun one, dunno about combi but pretty sure it's the same ).

8. mittenninja

Finished up two more bounty hunters for my Dahshat.
    IMG_20190717_214614.jpg IMG_20190717_214704.jpg

9. Golem2God

@mittenninja Well done. What parts did you use to make the guns?

10. mittenninja

The SMG (top) is the butt end of a YJ Combi with a chunk of the front of an aleph boarding shotgun. The Red Fury (bottom) is just a cut down nomad HMG.

Harlekin and Golem2God like this.
  11. Golem2God

That is really creative. I personally wouldn't think of doing that until now. Good job on the cutting and gluing back together.

12. Shirley

I saw this a little too late! I had already bought everything I needed to create Tai Sheng.

Might as well post the idea since I mentioned it - then I'll stop hijacking the conversion thread.

The components are basically:

[​IMG]

The body is going to be salvaged from a Mobile Brigada Missile Launcher unit. The auction came with the arms and head parts for the brigada hacker and ML, but only the ML body. I'll take it. Spare arms good for parts, too.

[​IMG]

The MK12 is going to be salvaged from this... messed up Diomedes. Looks like he has microbarnacles hanging off him. Rattlecan primer gone wrong, I guess? My primer never looks like that, so I have no idea what this is. The hacker arm will most likely be used for her free hand, and the hacker pistol could be sawn off, filed down, modified with milliput into a chain colt and stuck to a hip.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The head, another Kingdom Death Addition, is from Kingdom Death Pinup Satan. If you google that, be aware that it is a NSFW mini.

Quite a long time ago, I received an education in concept art. Whether that was effective or useful I can't really say, but one thing I learnt was that the human mind sees shapes and identifies objects from its predominant colours/ shapes - a good way to test this is to squint. If one can squint and reasonably make out what a painting is about, chances are the painting in question is doing its job pretty well.

Same principle here - the Mobile Brigada body has the head and arm joints free. The KD mini head can easily go on there, given that it already has a neck, although it'll have to be filed down a little.

The MK 12 arm can be stuck up, reinforced with milliput, and said milliput then sculpted to emulate a zuyong shoulderpad - same goes for the other arm. It also helps that the MK12 arm has no shoulderpad attachment - it's just an arm with patterns. This gives me more space to sculpt a proper pad.

If this entire assembly has been corrected for proportion and painted in similar colours, she'd most likely look like a thinner zuyong with a large gun and a ponytail from a fair distance. Granted, she has no Zuyong backpack and the Mobile Brigada plates are a lot more rounded, but I'll take what I can get, this being the solution I've arrived at after 2 hours of looking at minis.

The parts will arrive over the next week or so - hope it works out!

Harlekin, Oni, jherazob and 1 other person like this.
  13. Golem2God

@Shirley Can wait to see it when this is finished.

14. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

@mittenninja Well done again on those weapon mods man! They look great!

mittenninja and Golem2God like this.
  15. ThananRollice

ThananRollice Your Friendly Neighborhood Locust
    Warcor

Here's my second TAG Conversion. The Squalo! He'll be painted in Varunan colors once he's finished.[​IMG][​IMG]

16. Shirley

Very nice! Has a very Patlabor feel to it.

Section9 and Golem2God like this.
  17. Golem2God

Agreed. It looks like the Patlabor police mechs especially with that revolver.

18. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Try the Karakuri Mk12. Old and handsculpted, not absurdly huge.

Golem2God likes this.
  19. Shirley

Unfortunately I've already gone and got Diomedes! Pretty sure I can work out a way to shrink the rifle if it ever comes down to that - I hope not.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. Golem2God

It will be fine. I'd be surprised if the weapon turns out to be too big.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation