1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roobots DBS

Discussion in 'Miniatures' started by roobot, Jul 13, 2019.

1. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone! So since last August I have come back to Infinity after a break from around the end of N2. I used to play military orders back then. Me and a mate missed gaming together so I decided to make a DBS army. They appealed to me as the models looked great and I thought there would be a good opportunity for conversions as well as the small amount of units available to them meant i should be able to put a force together reasonably easily! I'm not the best painter in the world and hadn't picked up a brush in about 4-5 years so I planned to pick a good colour scheme and just paint neatly, to try and make a force that looks okay at table level! Also I plan to play a lot with them so I kept that in mind, ie: Tried to have models be WYSIWYG and avoid any delicate parts, flimsy swords or antennas that could snap off during play. I should also say that this is the first time that I have ever photographed and posted any models online, so apologies if the photos aren't great! Any questions or comments you have would be most welcome and if anyone wants any more photos of any particular model please don't hesitate to ask! :-)

First photos are the Druze themselves.

Next are my Brawlers, I converted Govads as the official models were not released at the time! The one in the middle is my spec op. Unfortunately they frosted very badly when varnishing them, absolutely gutting! It took a while to fix them but the damage is nowhere near as bad as it was!

Next it's nasmats, my saito (The new awesome miniature wasn't out when I made him) and my Hunzakuts!

Then we have my Bashi Bazouk, Valerya Gromoz, my HVT, Armand le Muet and a War Cor.

Then it's the Anaconda and operator, I added a gun and reposed the right arm. I also replaced the operator as I thought her spitfire arm was way to delicate looking!

This is my scarface and Codeila. The scarface model when I first opened the box was the only model I've been dissapointed in in the last year. I just hated it, fiddly wee arms, big giant (thicc) thighs and tiny wee ankles. I wasn't sure what to replace it with and was on the verge of buying a Guija when I saw @Scrapsquares awesome cutter conversion and asked him if I could rip it off, he kindly said yes and here is the result! I am really glad I went with the cutter as I think the thinner frame of the TAG suitd the ARM 5 reality of it much better than the chunky Guija would have! The slave arms don't match up with the big ones, which kind of sucks but doesn't bother me too much. Also I had a sword in a scabbard built as well as a rocket launcher for the shoulder but ended up not attaching them as it made it look too top heavy!

Lastly we have my remotes, which were the first models I worked on in the army, as (bar the Kameel) I simply repainted all my MO remotes! That's why they have the old predigital guns on them!

Currently I am working on a SMG ABS, an Arslan conversion using the Druze killer hacker and a brawler doc and engineer, I'll post pics of them when they're finished!

TL:DR

-HERES MA DRUZE![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

lazovchik, Harlekin, Abydog and 17 others like this.
  2. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

good stuff

roobot likes this.
  3. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Thanks man!

4. Dedled

Dedled Speculo Agent

Not a good painter? These are awesome.

How did you get rid of the varnish frosting? Same thing happened to my Druze last night and I'm devastated. I tried rubbing at the frosting with a wet paintbrush, it didnt work very well.

Golem2God and roobot like this.
  5. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot Dedled! Apparently the best way to reduce it is (bizarrely) applying more varnish! I know how that sounds but it works, I tried respraying and that didn't work so well, but roughly applying vallejo satin varnish with a brush helped considerably! And I feel for you man, I couldn't even look at the models for about a month after it happened I was so annoyed!

Golem2God and Dedled like this.
  6. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

@roobot Amazing looking force. I agree with @Dedled in that these minis are wonderfully painted. Very good especially since you've been away from the hobby for awhile. I also like your proxies and conversions and (as with many others on this forum) it gives me new ideas to try out.

roobot likes this.
  7. archangeleong

archangeleong Deadly Ninja Assassin

You can fix this by painting over the model with gloss varnish. After this is dry, respray with matt varnish (just be careful about weather conditions, ie high humidity, as that is what causes frosting).

8. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

Thanks very much @Golem2God! I really appreciate it! And I completely agree with @archangeleong about the varnishing. After I ruined those Brawlers i go so far as to check the humidity level outside online, and won't varnish things if it is over 50%! I keep joking that varnishing is seasonal and I need to get it all done during the hot summer months!

Section9 and Golem2God like this.
  9. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Here you go:

Golem2God likes this.
  10. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

An airbrush. You want an airbrush.

Golem2God likes this.
  11. roobot

roobot Well-Known Member

I didn't even think of that Jherazob! That is absolutely fantastic advice!! Thank you very much!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation