1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beacons and operators

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by El Presidente, Feb 13, 2018.

1. El Presidente

El Presidente Member

Hello guys, I wonder what happens to an Iguana that has captured the beacon in capture and protect and looses all his STR points?
    Does it drop the beacon or does the operator keep the beacon?

2. Gunmage

Gunmage General Contact Unit

Since TAG Pilots/Operators are technically an alternative profile that the same unit uses after Dismounting/ED triggering, I'd say operator keeps the beacon, since in this case unit changed profile instead of entering a null state - which is the case where it would drop the beacon.

3. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

they drop them, you arent activating the operator, and the operator is no longer on the table, the TAG can pick them up in that order usually but the operator does not carry them inside the TAG thats for sure

4. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

I'm not seeing anything that would make the trooper drop the Beacon.

inane.imp likes this.
  5. El Presidente

El Presidente Member

And a follow up question...is the beacon the trooper picks up a marker? or does it actually carry around the piece of scenery?

6. ijw

It's not man-portable cover, if that's what you're hoping for. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. Spleen

Spleen Well-Known Member

I am:

"If the miniature carrying a Beacon enters a Null state, then the player must leave the Beacon Marker on the table with a Disconnected Marker beside it"

Alternate profile or not, the miniature carrying the beacon entered a null state, you've met the requirements for leaving the beacon marker on the table and it shouldn't move any further, the same event that triggers the ejection triggers this.

Also note that because Ejection Systems trigger EVEN when the operator dies on the same order as the TAG itself, there's some seriously janky rules results which let a dead iguana operator slingshot his beacon 16 inches while going straight to dead if you allow it (and 60% of the time it's 16 inches at the owning players discretion), not to mention if his corpse disperses off the board you get to put the beacon on the board edge of your DZ instantly. I don't think this is even remotely close to intended, nor do I think RAW supports it.

8. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

If the Operator doesn't go Unc or Dead then no the miniature didn't enter a Null state.
    The TAG's state never changes.

Even if the Operator does go Unc or Dead then I'd still argue that the TAG's state doesn't change. It's explicitly the Operator who changes from the Normal state to the Unc/Dead (Null) state. The TAG is simply removed from the board.

I would be sympathetic to the argument that the state change happens where the TAG took the STR damage rather than where the Operator successfully ADs to. But that would be purely out of the interests of getting to a reasonable middle ground: the only time the Operator appears on the board is at the end of resolving the Ejection process.

#8 inane.imp, Feb 14, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    ijw likes this.
  9. El Presidente

El Presidente Member

Hehe no that wasn’t what I meant. I just wondered if it matters as you move the trooper where you place the beacon or if it’s simply a state it carries around and you just pick it up from it's unconscious body.

I hope that wasn’t too confusing

10. ijw

Exactly. As far as I can see, only Immobilized or Possessed State can put the Iguana or Anaconda miniature be in a Null state.

11. inane.imp

inane.imp Well-Known Member

Immobilized isn't a Null state. As best as I can tell, only Possessed.

ijw likes this.
  12. ijw

Doh! I was thinking of Sepsitorized and Immobilized...

inane.imp likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation