1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaia & Tectonic Shake

Discussion in 'Rules' started by HarlequinOfDeath, Jul 8, 2019.

1. SushiYumYumz

SushiYumYumz Member

and i think a musashi re-release nerf would be good also but thats just me (and most others)

krotos likes this.
  2. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

We'd all love to get Aristeia! updated to a new 2.0. adjusting some profiles and Tactics. But we can't do that at this moment, maybe later. By now, let's see what scenarios are gonna be AGL·3 and maybe Gaia won't need any change or any card.

P.S.: Whenever we get Mushashi nerfed he'll become a bad char (comparisons are odious).

volgo likes this.
  3. SushiYumYumz

SushiYumYumz Member

adjusting his switch, Lowering his initiative, or weakening his defense would all help. but i am very glad you are atleast open to the possibility. I just hope that it doesnt open a can of worms where most characters start changing. I think Musashi is really the only character that is game breaking.

I one shotted a Maximus and a Kozmo in the same turn... and they were 5 spaces away from eachother.... tell me how that works. HAHA

PS. Also very excited that you are taking the communities feedback and selecting a limited number of scenarios for season 2. I think you will also find that the overwhelming majority prefer base scenarios, not the ziggurat missions

4. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Same way you think about Miyamoto I think about the rest of chars. Gata is fine, but there are others that would appreciate a little upgrade.

5. Croepoek

Croepoek Well-Known Member

I would like to challenge that. By doing the math the chances are more like ~26,4% that this move works. This takes into account the case that you have tectonic shake and the opponent has no "No" after drawing and doing a mulligan, as well as you having TS+"No" and your opponent has a "No". Or framed differently: Playing Gaia gives you a very very huge advantage in every fourth KotH game just in the first turn.

This might be only me, but I find this a bit annoying from a balancing perspective. So far most things are fairly good in balance even with the amount of Aristos out by now (which I have to admit I did not expect), but this is just on a different level because it works on the core game dynamic of setting/knowing the scoring zone.

But time will tell if this is affecting the game to much.

Edit: and yes, Musashi is a bit over the top, but this should be another discussion :stuck_out_tongue:

6. csjarrat

csjarrat Well-Known Member

Mushashi is all kinds of broken until wild Bill riddles him full of bullets, or lunah headshots him, or he gets debuffs

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Immobilized being my favourite.

'Oh dear, are you not standing next to anyone? Such a shame.'

-V- and csjarrat like this.
  8. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

Just my humble take on the Tectonic break situation. What if it was errata'd to only last until the end of a round, or end of the scoring phase? It would still preserve the intent of the card without making it game breaking in the missions where the scoring zones do not change.

Plebian likes this.
  9. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

Im mistaken, you can do it turn one.

10. CAnon

CAnon Well-Known Member

As much as I may give him sh*t, I don't believe 8-ball needs a nerf (which is what removing the Ziggurat missions, which were effectively a buff to him, would accomplish). They also help out Shona, who is normally otherwise a fairly questionable choice.

Fundamentally, the Ziggurat missions complement the base set in the way that Carnage or CTF does - it helps bring other talents to the forefront, thereby encouraging characters who may not be picked in a standard core-4 tournament. Which, as we grow to 32 Aristos (and beyond) is going to become more valuable to maintain a healthy and diverse meta.

AdmiralJCJF and Croepoek like this.
  11. HarlequinOfDeath

HarlequinOfDeath Tha Taskmastaaa
    Warcor

Excited and scared at the same time about that statement. But to be honest if you would be involved in it @-V- I really think it will be good.

Though I think the game is still young and most of us didn't play enough to say something about its balance.

Just wonder how to release that upgrade. Just a card pack for those cards? Pretty hard decision because of promo cards, skin cards etc.

12. Numazokola

Numazokola Well-Known Member

Like every other game, there is options for everything. If you go to a tournament with different scenarios, will be hard to have 8 aristos that are AWESOME in all 4 of them.

And I don't think that we need to change the aristos! The meta will change, and the story moves forward, and will be new options and more scenarios. If you want to deal with musashi... Just bring MASSACRE and problem solved hahaha

13. krotos

krotos Well-Known Member

@-V- and how you will send updated char cards to buyers?

mauriciorjbr and Erethros like this.
  14. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

This is only hypothetical. I said "We would" not "we will".

:wink:

Numazokola likes this.
  15. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

This is my opinion as well. :) Just enjoy the game. :D

Numazokola likes this.
  16. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Hmmm, maybe a pair of retouches... Some profiles are working, but not exactly in the way we thought about.

:thinking_face:

17. Erethros

Erethros Well-Known Member

As a player, I'd like to say that although Mushashi can overkill Maximus, Wild Bill can do it too, and he don't need even to get cose to him, and still can get the changes and kill 8-ball too... So I'm not sure Mushashi needs a nerf, since he can only use his changes when he is in 1-1 range.

Also, I can't understand why removing Gaia tactic, I could understand in King of the hill, but just in case there are changes in the characters and their tactics, I hope updated cards will be given to any player who owns those characters for free, because in other case, it's a slap in the face to us customers who have purchased the character to have to buy new cards or to have to consult the faqs every time you play. I'd rather play the game on my way whith the old rules than doing something so anoying.

18. HarlequinOfDeath

Warcor

Yesterday we had a discussion about it...

Imo Musashi seems fine. At the current state of the game there are 12 characters who can either kill him or slow him down or like Gaia, just move them away from the action. ;D He is strong for sure. But we are still waiting for 4 more Aristos as well as AGL3 and new tactics.

We had different opinions however. While @Hero of Sparetime voted for a more difficult switch to again or to convert into successes I was more for a lower initiative to give other characters the chance to escape against him if you are the Underdog.

But... I think Aristeia should slow down a little. Less Aristos (2-4 per year) and more skins. At the moment it is hard to play and test all the new characters and possible combinations.

#38 HarlequinOfDeath, Jul 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
  19. -V-

-V- A! Team member
    CB Staff

Don't worry, as we stated this year, Aristeia! is slowing down, except skins.

:wink:

20. Plebian

Plebian Well-Known Member

With hippo coming out, i think musashi just got much less relatively powerful.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation