1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

State of Tohaa

Discussion in 'Tohaa' started by Duront, Jun 30, 2019.

1. ChoTimberwolf

ChoTimberwolf Artichoken Friend

I think its actually a good time to start with Tohaa, You get quite a bunch of units cheaper. We have nearly any kind of unit so lots of stuff to try out and have fun with. (Impersonator, AD, Camo, TO, TAG, HIs etc)
    Also its pretty clear to see how much you need to invest so you don't have to sacrifice quite as much money :)
    Tohaa is awesome and fun! I mean triads mean its always 3 friends running around together how awesome is that?

Torres likes this.
  2. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

As far as I'm aware, Spiral Corp was always seen as a 'Tohaa Sectorial' in addition to the main faction rather than as a replacement, but with the major design restriction that the main faction was conceived as effectively being a Sectorial in the first place. The main thing that appears to have changed since the earlier ideas is that it was placed in NA2 instead of being listed under Tohaa.

As far as lead times go, Spiral Corp has been in development for several years, and was in a pretty final state before Uprising was announced.

3. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

I think you're looking at this the wrong way potentially. Tohaa have alot of opportunity right now. You've got people selling off old armies that want to get rid of them. You've got new Spiral Corps models and units. You have the perfect excuse to proxy and convert up units you maybe didn't like. All in all you've got an army thats looking reasonable stable for the next little bit. And Tohaa really are a rock solid army.

My rough estimate was that they seemed to think of Tohaa more as a sectorial and given the new paradigm (they really love the word paradigmatic I've noticed) they put the New Tohaa in there. But hey I've certainly known to be wrong and you know more than I do IJW :)

Its good to hear more about this kind of stuff. Seems like some of the general pessimism has infected me. :scream:

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  4. Jonesyr124

Jonesyr124 New Member

Im gonna stick with tohaa for now anyway i picked up the spiral corps box but dont think ill be playing them as i liked specifically gao-raels and makauls which arent in spiral and i like the close range use smokes to get there general stratergy thats what drew me to them. Dont get me wrong i am enjoying playing them and i cant fault anything ive seen so far it was just more of a is this faction gonna be viable this time next year and is it better off to switch before that happens that was my only thoughts

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  5. D6Damager

D6Damager Well-Known Member

It doesn't make sense with the reasoning they gave in the video.

According to CB's own Blog, https://www.infinitythegame.com/blo...atistics-the-year-ends-but-not-the-its-season, Tohaa are the second most played faction in ITS. Combined with the infographic in the same article with an increase in total Infinity players year-after-year. I can't imagine that the models "were not selling" in a 2nd most played faction in a game that is getting increasingly more new players.

In my personal experience, there is a lot of salt thrown at Tohaa because of Symbiomates, Makauls and other efficient choices. CB could not figure out how to balance the faction or even make it fit into the overall human narrative. So what do they do? They nerf symbiomates and create a Tohaa sectorial that doesn't include the most popular choices (i.e. Makauls, Gao-Raels, & Sukeuls) and no efficient triad fillers (Makauls & Kamael).

And you can't tell me that "old sculpts" making room for "new sculpts" is a reason when they recently made the tired model (as compared to the newer werewolfs) of McMurrough so OP that he is flying off the shelf. In addition, they are adding SKUs for Aristea and the RPG. So the other argument of SKU bloat doesn't really hold water as well when you're talking global distribution and a few dozen SKUs (lumping Tohaa together with Qapu Khalqi, and MRRF).

That being said, I will still play Tohaa (and Spiral Corp) until power creep finally phases them out.

Cothel, melkiach and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  6. TheRedZealot

TheRedZealot Well-Known Member
    Warcor

In ~10 years of playing infinity. I have yet to see an army actually get phased out or changed to an unplayable state. Some folks likely had some issues post Yu Jing/JSA Split and probably there were some Exrah Players that had some issue but never anything that totally invalidates a complete army. More like a hand full of units change. And typically they become something new/more usable.

Golem2God, A Mão Esquerda and Stiopa like this.
  7. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

SEF before the makeover was definitely a hard mode, and I don't know how good FRRM is these days, but it was still possible to hold your own with those armies.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. Morganus

Morganus Evolved Emotional Intelligence

I am not so sure that those numbers show us that Tohaa was strong in sales. ITS usage was dropping, from 7.92% to 5.74% between ITS8 and ITS10. But of course it's not the biggest drop, Yu Jing had way bigger (and probably not just because of the Uprising), and Haqqislam is following. I would say that the design choice of being a major player faction without an additional sectorial was detrimental for Tohaa. ALEPH with one sectorial, Steel Phalanx in ITS8 had a combined 9.63% usage, which could have been achieved by Tohaa with a sectorial.

9. Ignovus

Ignovus Logistics Division
    Warcor

It's also worth noting that ITS usage has very little to do with overall sales numbers. There are plenty of players that don't play in events or only rarely play in events. Newer players buying into their first faction are the least likely to participate in the ITS system, vs. veterans picking up 2nd or 3rd faction to play ITS with because they see its strengths.

Golem2God and melkiach like this.
  10. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

This again?

No, Tohaa isn't the most played Faction, it is in fact the least played Faction. It just happens that there are no Tohaa Sectorials, so we had no other way of playing with them:

Nomads: 354
    PanO: 336
    CA: 275
    Aleph: 229
    NA2: 202
    Haqqislam: 196
    Ariadna: 180
    Yu-Jing: 157
    Tohaa: 125

LaughinGod, ev0k, Cothel and 4 others like this.
  11. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

It's either the most played vanilla or least played sectorial, depending on if the glass if half full or half empty.

Golem2God likes this.
  12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Even going by that metric, they’re the most played vanilla or the second most played Sectorial. ;-)

13. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

And the most hated

Cothel and Abrilete like this.
  14. Aemaru

Aemaru Well-Known Member

only disapointement is this good profil taquel with symbio bugs and no miniatures :/
    Doesn't appear in spiral so i guess he might not be produced at all...
    Does anybody already saw a concept art or something like this ?

Cothel and melkiach like this.
  15. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

melkiach likes this.
  16. Abrilete

Abrilete Well-Known Member

We only have the profile, we never had any concept or even a rough sketch.

Cothel and melkiach like this.
  17. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

So, BroHaa's, do you expect any "concept design" or "render" on the Gencon/Interplanetario video?

18. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

For Tohaa? No, I do not expect it.
    As for Spiral, as far as Tohaa units for the faction, it is only missing the Grief Operators and Chaksa Longarms, so I expect the new minis for them will begin drying up soon.
    The only thing I am holding out a margin of hope for is that they will tease a Tohaa character for Defiance.

Metal730, xagroth, Cothel and 3 others like this.
  19. melkiach

melkiach PheroBoosted

@nehemiah the other models seem an outstanding miniatures, I also hope to see a Tohaa Character, but I don't know...

Grief Operator is my bet too, at least, the concept design, I hope the released miniature be with Shock Marksmanship, i love that profile

But Chaksa don't know... the Healots have concept design and we still didn't saw them... and you know, Pano > Tohaa

Abrilete, Cothel and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  20. nehemiah

nehemiah Well-Known Member

The upside for the Helots is they are usable in Spiral too, and from what I have heard, the Helots will be out before the end of the year.

Shock Marksman Grief would be great. I think the combi Impersonator is the profile I will use more often, (at least for now), but considering it will be in the impersonation state or dead for %90 of the game, I would prefer the Marksman model.

melkiach, Cothel and ChoTimberwolf like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation