1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What will 2019 bring?

Discussion in 'News' started by RogueJello, Dec 28, 2018.

1. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

What I adore in Shasvastii is the survival paranoia that the entire species has, I do not see Shasvastii allying with Humanity simply because the EI and UR are much more detrimental to their survival than humanity, now if the scales were changed, I am sure they would switch.

Now while it would be interesting to see Shasvastii worldships meeting each other and the possibility (or eventuality) of an interspecies conflict because invariably the mad changes each worldship did to enhance its survival would mean radical departure of what shasvastii "is" would be spectacular, I think we are good with one Shasvastii sample for now.

It would be quite interesting to see the two political views of Shasvastii been explored more though.

Ginrei likes this.
  2. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

Haha good one XD.
    So the plan is that the Shas can have all of those inhospitable, lifeless planets, jump into wormholes to see if they are safe and "explore and fight together" (a.k.a. cannon folder); while the humans keep all the "good" planets... Good luck selling that!
    "Ey Shas, why don't you stop being EI's b***h to be our b***h" "You can have that rock"

Icchan likes this.
  3. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

We call those 'good planets', yes.

Shas may not. Also, there are a lot of resources on planets like Venus or moons like Titan. If the Shas can work there without too much tech support, give them the planet and trade for the resources there.

Or, hell, actually share a planet...

ChoTimberwolf likes this.
  4. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Good and bad planets depend on the species. Let's not forget that world that are completely unhabitable to humans are still pacekd with resources. Humanity would basically be giving them planets they can't live on and giving up their resources to the Shas. And to be honest, the bombing of the DNA deposit can easily be explained. I'm even suspicious that the deposit location might have been leaked by the EI to bait humans into attacking the "EI node" and angering the Shas.

A funny thing to note, by the way. If the Shas rebels against the EI and actually prove to be a threat, and thus weaken the CA, the Morat would happily turn on the EI. They are content to serve it so long as it's stronger than them. They are basically waiting for the EI to how weakness.

Also Ko Dali and Bit have both been brainwashed.

5. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Ha, I was speculating about this recently. EI certainly can be manipulative, and would look early on to make sure Shas don't feel any urge to jump ships.

6. bloodw4ke

bloodw4ke Well-Known Member

That's why I struggle to see the rationale for Shas to align with humans. From what I understand of the lore, the EI has subdued a great many worlds. The human sphere is 11 planets.

Estimating the size of the Combined Army holdings might be an interesting exercise. Humans found 1 intelligent race in those 11 planets - helots. CA has found planets with Morats, Urkherits, Umbra, Tohaa, and ships with Shas and Skiavoro (bodies). That's got to be least four times bigger - let's guess 50ish planets?

7. FatherKnowsBest

FatherKnowsBest Red Knight of Curmudgeon

"What will 2019 bring?"

Recycled poses.

Sangarn, McNamara and Guardian like this.
  8. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

It depend. The EI may have been lucky (which is quite probable for the Shas since they are nomadish), and found inhabited worlds frequently, resulting in many races but a low number of planets. It could also have calculated somehow the most likely location of other races.

Of course we must consider that many of these races had multiple planets themselves. If each race had a similar number of planets as humanity, that would give the EI about 33 planets from Morats, Urkherits, Umbra, about 3 from Tohaa (they only conquered a part of them) and maybe some from Shas and Skiavoro, I'd say maybe two each. Total would be 40 planets. But the EI has been around longer than humanity. And 6 races in 40 planets isn,t all that much bigger than 1 in 11.

9. Red Harvest

Red Harvest Day in, Day out. Day in, Day out. Day in, DAY OUT

No, I don't want tactical rocks from beginning to end
    I don't want a cycle of recycled poses
    I don't want to follow Bostria and all of his friends

10. psychoticstorm

Given the UR civilisation is the most ancient one, has build 3 AI (one has ascended) with all the time and resources that means, waged a civil war with the final two AIs has defeated off screen civilisations (with all the time and resources that involved) and had no qualms in bringing back the Umbra.

Shasvastii have no reason to not ally with the EI and every reason to not break its trust.

11. Section9

Except there is explicitly a faction in the Shas that doubt serving the EI is best for the survival of the Shas as a species.

AdmiralJCJF likes this.
  12. psychoticstorm

Multipliers are not against EI far from it, they do not believe in the transcendence project but are fully committed to the EI empire, they just propose to expand it more and incorporate planets and species unrelated to the transcendence project and of course to get settlement permissions for such planets.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  13. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

Both the Conservatives and the Multipliers see the EI as a bet for the survival of the race, merely in different ways. The Conservatives look to strengthen and deepen what they already have, while the Multipliers see extinction still possible under the EI, and so seek to lead its armies forward to bring everything under its banner, everywhere.

Dragonstriker likes this.
  14. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

This is all true. For now. Morat and Shas serves the EI for as long as it shows itself to be superior and has the advantage, but both species would likely turn on it (Morat) or leave (Shas) if it shows itself to not be the ideal. So it really depend on humans and how they resist. If humanity seize the advantage against the EI, both species might consider a different path.

I'm not saying they'll join humans though. Just that they'll drop the EI and go their own way. The Morat respect strength and follow the Principle of Authority. Right now, the EI beat them so they follow it. But it's also said they'll happily turn on it if they see an opportunity. Meanwhile the Shas are 100% for survival. If they judge the EI isn't the best for it, they'll bail. The Morat MAY join humanity if humanity can beat them into submission, which I doubt will happen.

Stiopa likes this.
  15. Morganus

Morganus Evolved Emotional Intelligence

Remember the Exrah. One does not simply walk away from the Combined Army and stay in the game... :alien:

16. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

They do if the sales say they do.

Sangarn, Ariwch, ev0k and 4 others like this.
  17. Section9

Yeah, the original Exrah models were not great sellers. The Caskuda was a TAG, so nobody bought more than one anyway, and the rest were pretty specialized troops so nobody bought more than one blister of each IF they even liked the models.

FatherKnowsBest likes this.
  18. Morganus

Morganus Evolved Emotional Intelligence

Oh yes, money... The Concordat thought the same, always running after the money...
    And they fell from grace just as fast as their trans-atmospheric agents had been doing untill then.

Combined we are strong, divided we are nothing in the void!

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  19. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

I can neither confirm nor deny this...

20. bloodw4ke

bloodw4ke Well-Known Member

You're giving humans way too much credit. It's not two evenly matched sides - it's one attempting to avoid being genocided/Borged (unless the fluff WAY overstates the threat of the Combined Army, and Arya Stark jumps in to stab the EI).

Now, there could be big story changes regardless of humanity. What if the EI suddenly ascended? Boom, major power vacuum, which would create a lot of conflict.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation