1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gundam Universal Unit figures

Discussion in 'Off-Topic English' started by Space Ranger, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

I just found out about these figures (Models). They looks to be about the same size as a TAG. Has anyone seen them?

jherazob, Section9 and Golem2God like this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Neat find!

I haven't seen those, but I expect I will as soon as they are available locally (one guy in the gaming group is a major Gundam fanatic). They may be useful for proxying Nomad TAGs. Because I totally expect someone in the Nomad Nation to be making TAG-scale working Gundams! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. Space Ranger

There's actually a game for using Gundam models. I saw it at Adepticon. I'll try to find a link to it. But it was using 1/144th I think.

4. jherazob

jherazob Well-Known Member

Last time i checked there wasn't just one, but several, all fanmade (some by adapting other rulesets like X-Wing or Armada, some from scratch), for either the actual Bandai models, cheaper gashapons and similar figures, and there was even somebody that posted on BGG about a potential and in negotiations official Gundam miniatures wargame more than a year ago. I anticipate that these Universal Unit kits will see some wargaming (assuming they're accessible, of course).

As for the use of these on Infinity or for modding it'd depend on the scale. Looks like these figures are 85mm, so they're promising as out TAGs are at around 65-75mm high, somebody needs to get some of these and check.

5. Space Ranger

I was told at my local Hobby Town that they are approx 8cm (80mm) tall. At least the one I was looking at. They retail for $7.99 and they can even be found at Barnes & Noble!

I want to get one just for the gun! I'm thinking of changing out my hold Guijia gun and make it become Scarface.

Section9 likes this.
  6. Section9

Man, at that price why wouldn't you buy some?!?

jherazob likes this.
  7. Space Ranger

I know! It's worth it just for the head and gun I want.

jherazob likes this.
  8. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

bought some of those, when I've been in Japan, not that pricey, I guess it was around 800-1200 Yen? (like 10€ roundabout) could take pictures later then

9. Space Ranger

Do you have a TAG you can put next to it? That would be really helpful!

10. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

11. Section9

Sweet, thanks!

A bit tall for S6 or even S7, I think...

12. Space Ranger

Ya that gun looks huge but I like the head!

13. jherazob

Yes, it's noticeably bigger. I think Gashapons might be a better fit for conversions after all, this needs some research, although some people in the old forums used some pieces from HG kits for conversions so maybe there's where we should look...

14. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

wait, HG kits should fit better? there is a huge difference in size... I dont think that this will fit in any way, I could make photos later, too, from 144s HG Kits next to TAGs, if wished

15. jherazob

No, no, that's not what i wanted to say, sorry for not saying it correctly. What i meant is that people have already taken stuff from HG kits (weapons and whatnot) and used them for TAGs already (the old forums are dead so i can't look it up for more details though), then these Universal Unit ones are smaller and therefore would fit better but are still too big for general conversions (hands, heads, etc.), so probably gashapons are the best for general purposes as they tend to be even smaller, but this needs more testing.

Rizzy likes this.
  16. dakara

dakara Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Ah okay, gotcha ;)

17. Savnock

Savnock Nerfherder

I used these figures (or something really close to them) as proxies for mass TAG battle rules back in N2.

Fielding 9 TAGs in formations is really fun. If you buy a bunch of these, you should try it. Just restrict the points that can be spent on infantry to 25% or less (less at higher point games), up your AVA of most TAGs and Engineers to Total (TO TAGs no more than a couple a side), and maybe put Tac Awareness on all TAGs if you find things too static.

jherazob likes this.
  18. Shingen

Shingen Well-Known Member

Last November I’ve ordered a Gundam model in 1/200th scale to act for my Guija, I figured that in case of boring stat line I can make the figure super interesting. I have attached it to 55mm base and even played a game with it. The main problem is that the model is fully articulated so moving it around is awkward as it keeps swinging back and forth on the base (solution would be to glue it stiff but I couldn’t do that out of respect to the quality of the model).

Anyway, this is size comparison (unfortunately only TAG I have is old Maggie, not that useful I guess). Gundam is ca. 95 mm high, but with imaginative positioning you probably could lower it to about 80mm.

[​IMG]

19. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

Well that throws a wrench in my idea of using a Gundam for my O-Yoroi. The one I wanted seems to be only available in 1:144. That would be ludicrously oversized XD

I'll probably going to get myself a Zaku from that series. Can you even be a mecha fan if you don't have a Zaku?

#19 Rizzy, Jul 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  20. jherazob

It might be available in some other form better scaled for us, which particular MS are you looking for?
    The O-Yoroi is no Zaku, boy, no Zaku!

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation