1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Using Nimbus+

Discussion in 'Combined Army' started by Space Ranger, May 6, 2019.

1. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

Sounds like computer code!

So after getting my Shasvastii stomped again on the weekend by RFT, i started to make a check list.

First, to remember Dazers are Saturation Zones!

Next Nimbus+, +TO camo or ODD could be fantastic if you remember to use it!

I did not use it well at all on the weekend. I did use the Dazer pretty well for slowing him down, but totally forgot the SatZone. But after the game I realized just how useful the Nimbus+ will be with other things in my force. True you have -6 to shoot but if you are in +3 range and have a lot of dice to throw it could be great!

So, some troops that it could work very well with: Noctifer Spitfire, Jayth Red Fury, Caliban Red Fury, Q-Drone. For Vanilla: Umbra Spitfire, Skiovoro Spitfire, Zerat Red Fury

Whats your thoughts?

2. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

Nimbus+ is great for template weapons too, of course. Makes the opponent -6 to shoot to the template wielder, and -6 to dodge their template attack. Probably not a great plan vs a high PH heavy infantry with decent army, but it'll chew up 1-Wounders pretty effectively. It's very strong and order efficient in turn 2 or 3 also, if you can get some warbands safely into the midfield via Impetuous/Irregular. Also very good with Mines.

3. Space Ranger

Space Ranger Well-Known Member

It might be hard to get it to work with templates but ya it would be great.

I forgot of course that it would be fantastic with Sheskin. Her already high BS added to +1 Burst would be fantastic i think.

Another. M-Drone using Triangulation. It could be at -12 but using Triangulation changes it to -3 instead.

4. Nitroflaherty

Nitroflaherty Member

I wont to try out sphinx with nimbus + .2 heavy flames with surprise shot . Dodging at -9 sounds nasty

5. RobertShepherd

RobertShepherd Antipodean midwit

Surprise shot only applies to face to face rolls, which a flamethrower can never be. But the -6 from nimbus is still tasty :)

6. Nitroflaherty

Nitroflaherty Member

Lol whoops forgot about that :) how would the dodge you get from been spec fired at interat with nimbus as it says dodge not change facing ?? Its a skill that requires lof normally .

7. Tickle Monster

Tickle Monster Active Member

I think Nimbus will be nasty when combined with a septisor. I've been itching to try it out but my main opponent plays Ariadna and my other main opponent is too new to the game to do nasty things like that to.

I would be interested to know how Nimbus effects dodging indirect fire though (both lobbing things into the nimbus cloud and dodging) . I'm thinking there could be some sweet synergies with Nimbus and the cutthroat's em grenades.

8. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

Since Combined doesn't have the consistent BS 10 Triangulated fire from Zulu's like VIRD, I think the best use for Nimbus in SEF lists is with templates. The Nox LGL with Nimbus is an excellent piece, because it pairs well with all the SEF troops who have some form of "template" weapon - the Sphinx with its Heavy Flamers, Sheeskin with her Pulzars (or just her flat 42% chance to crit...) or even other Nox troops with their Zappers, or even just your run-of-the-mill shrouded/malignos with their mines.

RobertShepherd likes this.
  9. Sabin76

Sabin76 Well-Known Member

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but Nimbus would reduce this due to the reduced burst, right?

Tongfa likes this.
  10. Tongfa

Tongfa ULTRA INSTINCT UKR

no forgiveness necessary mate - you're in the right, the nimbus would drop it down by one burst.

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation