1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Learning Hassassins: A Mini Blog

Discussion in 'Haqqislam' started by yoink101, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

Actually I find Infiltrating Daylami to be not worth my time. Might be a matter of dice luck, but being force to Infiltrate at 7-or-less (i.e. 35%) means you'll get statistically 1 out of 3 Daylami where you want them.

If they do, then - great. But more often I find them off-mark, which in turn makes them deploy on friendly table edge. Which, in turn, means they'll have to use up an Order (even if it is their own Irregular one) to reach a position where they'll be having any useful line of sight.

My pet peeve about Daylami is the loadout layout: why there is no Inferior Infiltrating Light Shotgun, and non-Infiltrating Rifle...? I'd spam the LSG, as it'd be dirt cheap (6pts or so, I guess), and a Shotgun up close is always a shotgun up close. The Rifle+LSG loadout, on the other hand, would be great as a rear area defender with effective range and Burst of a Rifle...

Standard Panzerfaust is great, though. A disposable, cheap deterrent against almost anything (no-one likes risking an AP+EX warhead if they don't have Total Immunity). Same with standard LSG, they do fine against enemy AD troops...

yoink101 likes this.
  2. yoink101

yoink101 Chandra SpecOps Complaint Department

I mean, you've got an irregular order for each to move into position first. The beautiful thing about the panzerfausts is that they are effective out to 32 inches, which means they are still useful when you fail the infiltration roll.
    Also, this. This a thousand times. Stay up to halt the advance of the Mutts or stay down to avoid coordinated Daylami. Either way sucks because Hassassins are amazing at forcing your opponent to make terrible decisions.
    You can definitely find places on the edge of your deployment zone that either cover you from AD or look out towards the middle of the table. In the first case, it's solid deployment zone defense. In the second case, it's something that your opponent has to spend an order on with an Alpha strike unit. Yeah the Daylami is super likely to just die, but it doesn't matter. It's cheap, irregular, and has a slight chance of obliterating an expensive attack piece.

Urobros and barakiel like this.
  3. barakiel

barakiel Echo Bravo Master Sergeant

You might be looking at the situation backwards too.

Rather than "who would park his TAG where 4 daylami can hit it", it might be better to ask "where can an opponent not go, because 4 daylami can hit it?"

Even with a failed roll, a Daylami can usually end up someplace that's pretty relevant. Even if 4 Daylami fail their role, they can still spend their 1 or 2 Irregular Orders maneuvering someplace critical. Maybe it means that they can all see a midfield objective, key quadrant, objective room, or some other area that's critical to control in Turn 3. It's perfectly possible to save them for a Turn 3 attack, using their own Irregular Order to gradually reach an area where they can have the greatest end-game impact.

If a couple Daylami pass their roll and end up prone on a rooftop in the opponent's table-half, it's even harder for a TAG or big HI to hide, while still contesting the sight lane. If they hide from Panzerfaust coordinated orders too, maybe they're vulnerable to short-range options, like Mutt E/M or Fiday CC.

That's the kind of creative thinking and mutual support that's really interesting about HB.

#23 barakiel, May 6, 2019
    Last edited: May 6, 2019
  4. KedzioR_vo

KedzioR_vo Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Yeah, in my battles the statistics are even worse ;)
    And I mostly use the 7pt Panzerfaust guys, I prefer to have them in good positions to ARO or to coordinate, than to fail the infiltration roll and wait on the edge of deployment zone. In my typical rooster I take two normal guys and one infiltrating.

They would just be too good with that loadouts ;)

And about the chances to hit, my Daylamis shot much much better than infiltrate, it's hard to keep count of what they destroyed - and usually they kill worthy enemies, because the little ones don't even risk the face to face. There's few things as beautiful as killing Montesa Knight or even Asura in one ARO of two Daylamis... ;)
    I try to show in my minis their spoils, that's why PF guy has the Aleph logo on the destroyed stuff on his base ;) ( http://www.coolminiornot.com/382394 )

PozdRawiam / Greetings

Urobros, Errhile and yoink101 like this.
  5. yoink101

I got game two in last week. Highly Classified with the stupid red cards against a 20 order USARF list played by @RattlerNxt.

I used the same list that I used last time, just because we had randomly rolled the mission. I new that there were a number of hacking and engineering classifieds that I wouldn't be able to accomplish, but on extreme mode, I suspected that it wouldn't matter too much.

Hassassins Game Two Extreme Classified
    ──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]10
    GHULAM Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 16)
    GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    GHULAM (Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 13)
    LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    FARZAN (Marksmanship L1, Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    FARZAN (Chain of Command) Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 26)
    RAGIK Spitfire / Pistol, CCW. (1.5 | 32)
    LASIQ Viral Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]7 [​IMG]4
    FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    BARID (Forward Observer) Lieutenant Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)
    DAYLAMI (CH: Limited Camouflage, Inferior Infiltration) Light Shotgun, Panzerfaust / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 8)

4 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

My opponent brought 20 orders or USARF. I've tried to recreate his list here, but I may have the combat groups incorrect.

USARF Extreme Classified

GRUNT (Marksmanship LX) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    GRUNT (Marksmanship LX) Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 18)
    GRUNT Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    GRUNT Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    GRUNT Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
    112 Light Shotgun / Pistol, CCW. (0 | 12)
    DOZER (Traktor Mul Control Device) Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    TRAKTOR MUL Katyusha MRL / Electric Pulse. (1 | 11)
    GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)
    GRUNT (Inferior Infiltration) Heavy Flamethrower, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 11)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]6 [​IMG]4 [​IMG]2
    FOXTROT Lieutenant Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (2 | 17)
    FOXTROT (Forward Observer) Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
    HARDCASE FRONTIERSMAN Tactical Bow, Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    HARDCASE FRONTIERSMAN Tactical Bow, Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
    DEVIL DOG Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades + 1 K-9 Antipode / AP Heavy Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 32)
    [​IMG] K-9 ANTIPODE AP CCW. (7)
    DESPERADO Chain Rifle, Smoke Grenades / 2 Assault Pistols, CC Weapon. (0 | 13)
    AIRBORNE RANGER (Forward Observer) Submachine Gun / Pistol, AP CC Weapon, Knife. (0 | 21)

5.5 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

The match was brutal. One of the things I wanted to test was if I could make my army work against a lot of camo without sensor. Mutts provide an interesting tool, being able to intuitive attack from out of LoF with jammer against camo tokens. It didn't come up much, so I will need to try it again.

My opponent chose to go first after he won the initiative roll, so I took the side of the table that was easier to defend. He attacked initially with his Devil Dog, Desperado, and Airborne Ranger. He was able to kill my Lasiq (which was a significant threat to his infiltrating grunts and his devil dogs). I had hoped that I'd covered it enough with a Farzan and Daylami, but he was able to kill both before he got to the Lasiq.

All in all, I only lost a few orders and I was able to lock down his grunts with my jammers.

To sum up the rest of the game, we both lost most of our pieces and we each accomplished one classified and secured the HVT. I think he killed more of my stuff, although I had a good run in the last turn with my Fiday and Barid, so it might have gone to my favor on victory points.

My big takeaways:

Build the list for the mission. Highly classified has an absurd number of requirements now.

The layered defense of three Farzans, three Daylami, and four Mutts is really good. The fact that my opponent was only able to take out a few pieces on his first turn was a huge win for me. There were a few dice rolls that went poorly for him, but jammers were a significant threat for him to navigate.

I need to practice with my Fiday. He ended up being very useful, but I placed him poorly. I'm having trouble figuring how much risk to take with the Fiday. When should I put it in a position where it can be discovered but is a direct threat to my opponent's attack pieces? When should I deploy him safely where I can spend a couple of orders to make him relevant later?

I really like the Ghulam fireteam. It does have the significant disadvantage that without Yasbir, there are only 5 bodies. This means that as soon as one Ghulam is killed outright it is not possible to bring it back up to five. I've had to deal with this in NCA before the most recent update and it is annoying, but it is also manageable.

So far, the ability to have a bunch of moderate threats (Lasiq, Farzans, linked Ghulams, Fiday, Mutts, Daylami) as opposed to a few huge threats (Swiss Guard, Achilles, a TAG) is a new feeling and I like it. Multiple threat vectors is incredibly useful. I don't mind having to be careful about range bands and modifiers. I really enjoy having Daylami to serve as roadblocks and be a potential coordinated order threat.

Urobros, Solar and RattlerNxt like this.
  6. RattlerNxt

RattlerNxt We are Bad, but We could be Worse.
    Warcor

It was a great and harrowing game. Keeping your ghazi moving together in a line is a brutal tactic and one that @barakiel uses all the time. Hiding behind their jammer shield was really a problem for me. Stealth helped but I couldnt get the momentum to push past. Working on those layered defences is really iportant and I think yo did that really well for your first game back.

The Fiday is such an amazing piece. It has a really steep learning curve but is just so effective against players of every skill level. There are bad matchups of course but that is more about YOU knowing them than the opponent. Going after link teams is fine, if you can lay smoke and CC them or lay a mine. The old forums had some of my Fiday Tacticas. Gone now.

Try running multiples ;) The effects are really cumulative and impactful. You can really start to shape the battlefield. Mines and Panzerfausts all over the field.

Orpheus, barakiel and yoink101 like this.
  7. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Personally if going second I try to keep my Fiday safe from immediate attack but poised to launch a strike rather than more exposed to force my opponent to deal with it ASAP. It's a relatively expensive guy who is reactively not strong, and when you have Daylami, Mutts, Farzans etc you don't need more stuff to jam them up first turn, you're already very much ahead in that game. Keep the Fiday safe and sound and then your opponent has to choose between spending plenty of orders to deal with it or keeping it in mind when setting up for your counter attack, both of which you're pretty okay with. If they fail to defend against it properly your Fiday can then gut em, if not, exploit from another angle!

yoink101 likes this.
  8. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

Words to live by. I take three fidays in every list, just for the practice. I still make mistakes with them every game! Someday I'll get the hang of them.

I agree with the other posters that if going second, it's best to keep the fidays safe. At close range, they're surprisingly easy to discover/shoot with minimal order expenditure. Even putting one in the opponent's sniper tower isn't as amazing as it first sounds. A canny opponent will stick a doctor bot in the tower to support the sniper, and on turn one, use the bot to discover the fiday. I like my fidays lurking in the midfield.

9. yoink101

I got my third game in. This round was Armory. My opponent played Shasvastii.

My LIst:

Hassassins Armory

LEILA SHARIF Hacker (Killer Hacking Device) Shock Marksman Rifle, D-Charges / Breaker Pistol, Knife. (0 | 20)
    FARZAN (Marksmanship L1, Forward Observer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    FARZAN (Minelayer) Boarding Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    ASAWIRA (Fireteam: Haris) Spitfire, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (2 | 44)
    MUYIB (Minelayer) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. Antipersonnel Mines, E/Mauler / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 24)
    MUYIB Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 27)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]6 [​IMG]4

4 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

His list:

Shasvastii Armory

E-DRONE Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 28)
    T-DRONE FTO Missile Launcher, Flash Pulse / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 19)
    SHESKIIN Red Fury, Pulzar, D-Charges / Pistol, DA CCW. (1 | 54)
    NOX Combi Rifle, Zapper / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    NOX Lieutenant Combi Rifle, Zapper / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
    TENSHO FTO Boarding Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    IKADRON (Baggage, Repeater) 2 Light Flamethrowers, Flash Pulse / Pistol, Electric Pulse. (0 | 9)
    R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)
    CALIBAN Boarding Shotgun, Light Rocket Launcher / Pistol, Knife, CC Weapon. (0.5 | 34)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    NOCTIFER Missile Launcher / Assault Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 32)
    SEED-SOLDIER Combi Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    SEED-SOLDIER Combi Rifle, D.E.P. / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
    SHROUDED (Minelayer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 25)
    TAIGHA Chain-colt / DA CC Weapon. (0 | 6)

5.5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

He won the roll for initiative and opted to go first. I think he made this choice knowing that I could have brought a Fiday and that digging out my Mutts in the midfield would have been a chore if I got to the armory first.

I picked deployment.

My overall plan was to use Mutts and Daylami to be a nuisance and contest the room. I wanted to wait until turn two or three to move my haris in because I figured it'd be pretty good at clearing it out and holding it between the mines, e/maulers, and support from jammers.

As it turns out, I got ahead of myself and poorly deployed the haris. My opponent was able to clip everyone with his Noctifier. He rolled a six and all three of them failed their dodges. So I started off on the back foot. My opponent then used his Caliban to get into my deployment zone and try to dismantle my fireteam. He succeeded in killing the FO, but one of the snipers tanked her armor rolls. The Caliban was stopped in its tracks by a couple of Jammers. He shuffled around a couple of other pieces and got one of his Shrouded into the room and dropped a mine before recamoing.

I counter attacked with my Mutts and Daylami. I managed to kill his Caliban after spending several irregular and impetuous orders. Then I got a Mutt up towards the objective room and isolated the shrouded. It wouldn't help stop him scoring the room, but I did give him fewer options for securing it. I then used 6 orders on my Farzan FO. She didn't accomplish much. She failed to wound the Noctifier, but got him to drop prone and then killed something. I don't remember what.

Turn two, my opponent was rightfully feeling pretty good about his situation. He started with the Taigha, which ended hitting a Daylami, which tanked the armor save and then ate a couple of shotguns and went down. He advanced with his fireteam, dropping the missile bot off on top of a building and leaving it behind. He used his Tensho to move up and hit my Mutt by the objective room. I hit the Tensho with a chain rifle. The Tensho took a wound and my Mutt tanked two of the three armor saves and went Dogged to try to keep the rest of the fireteam at bay. The next event got me back in the game. He tried to bring his fireteam to finish what his Caliban had started. He sent Sheskiin to engage one of my Mutts at what he thought was a safe distance, but I thought he was in range of a large template, she I hit Sheskiin with my e/marat. She ended up being about 1/16th of an inch inside the template and failed the BTS save. My Mutt was obliterated. He stood up his Noctifier and shuffled the other two Nox around.

I counter attacked hard with my Farzan FO. She killed a Nox, knocked an Ikadron unconscious, and then killed his Noctifier. I pulled her back and Recamoed. I stood up with my Barid to engage a seed soldier. He had one die on 11 and went with his DEP. I had three dice on 15s. He hit with something around a 4 or 5. I hit with a 1 and missed everything else. Ugh. Then I moved up with my minelayer Farzan, keeping it camouflaged but got within striking distance of the objective room.

On the last turn, my opponent used Sheskiin's isolated order and ran her into the objective room, which left him at 75ish points in there. He then moved up with his Nox and isolated my Farzan FO. He moved a few other pieces up to cover the objective room to try to keep me out. I think he attacked me with an Ikadron but I was able to stop it from accomplishing anything with some AROs.

I advanced a Mutt under cover of smoke and ran him up towards the objective room. I intuitive jammed his Shrouded to reveal it and then ran into the room and chain rifled the Shrouded when he AROed by dropping another mine. The shrouded went unconscious after failing an armor roll. I spent the only order available on my Farzan FO who put a wound on Sheskiin. Then, I had 7 orders to advance with my fireteam on the objective room. First Sheskiin crit Leila. Then I move my doctor up who managed to knock Sheskiin unconscious. I advanced with the doctor, shot Sheskiin's corpse. Then, moved the doctor into the objective room and shot the unconscious Shrouded, eating the mine and dying. With my last two orders, I moved my Farzan minelayer into the room and tried and failed to loot a panoply.

My big takeaways:

Obviously, don't get careless deploying the haris, Always be on the lookout for templates. I want to try this haris again, but I do think it takes up too many points.

I feel like I'm getting pretty consistent with using the lopsided tactics of Haqq. Getting into firefights that aren't necessarily great odds for me, knowing that I have other pieces to try again. Also, Mutts. They are an incredible toolbox, and I still think they are too cheap for what they bring, but I can see why Hassassins need them. Without them, I don't think I would have had any tools to slow Sheskiin down at all.

10. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

Getting lots of use out of those Farzan huh? I find them to be genuinely excellent troops. Really need to try the new Marksman/FO profile too as that looks very useful for a lot of situations.

11. Errhile

Errhile A traveller on the Silk Road

IMO the new FO basically invalidates the old FO...especially if you want to jump some enemy light troops with the shotgun blast...

HardDisk and Urobros like this.
  12. yoink101

Game four! This was against @Polynikes. I made two mistakes with my list, and I'm going to blame my lack of sleep with four month old twins. I forgot that my Barid was supposed to be a forward observer and not a hacker. I also forgot that Farzans are one of the few skirmishers that don't have mines as their standard kit. Mistaking the Barid only meant that he died to Bit and Kiss, which just hurt me, so I don't feel too bad about that one. The Farzan meant that I spent one turn capping an objective and placing mines around the midfield. It ended up not swinging things much as my opponent was able to clear two of them out with a long run by one of his 8 point flash pulse bots. Anyway, I'm a dirty cheater.

The game was Power Pack with red objectives in preparation for Rose City Raid. I drew something that was next to impossible along with something that was more impossible, so I figured I'd go for securing the hvt if I had a chance.

I won the initiative roll and opted for deployment. I like to on missions that reward second turn. My opponent could opt to go second, which would give me a fantastic opportunity for an alpha strike. If my opponent opts for first turn, I still have the deployment advantage and the mission advantage. My opponent chose to go first.

Here's my list:

Power Pack

FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
    LASIQ Viral Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]2 [​IMG]6 [​IMG]4
    ÁYYĀR (Surprise Shot L2) Shock Marksman Rifle / 2 Viral Pistols, CCW, Knife. (0 | 39)

2 SWC | 299 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Here's his:

Yao ee MaMa

SHROUDED (Forward Observer) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 25)
    SHROUDED Hacker (EI Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 30)
    E-DRONE Combi Rifle / Electric Pulse. (0.5 | 28)
    Q-DRONE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 26)
    KO DALI (AD: Combat Jump) Combi Rifle, Nanopulser, D-Charges / 2 Assault Pistols, Knife. (0 | 39)
    Bit Hacker (UPGRADE: Expel) Submachine Gun + Pitcher, Deployable Repeater + KISS! / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
    [​IMG] KISS! Adhesive Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
    ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    ÍMETRON . (0 | 4)
    M-DRONE Combi Rifle, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
    R-DRONE Flash Pulse, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 8)

GROUP 2[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]4 [​IMG]1 [​IMG]1
    YAOGAT Lieutenant Combi Rifle + Panzerfaust / Pistol, CCW. (1 | 29)
    DĀTURAZI Chain Rifle, Grenades, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, AP CCW. (0 | 14)
    MED-TECH OBSIDON MEDCHANOID Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 23)
    SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    SLAVE DRONE Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
    LIBERTO (Minelayer) Light Shotgun, Chain-colt, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 10)
    T-DRONE Smart Missile Launcher / Electric Pulse. (1.5 | 18)

6 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

My opponent used his first turn to kill the model linked to my xenotech (which ended up being a daylami who failed her infiltration roll) with his Liberto and to kill one of my Ghulam snipers with his total reaction bot. He got a mine down with his Liberto as well, but fortunately for me, Ghazis with their jammers are amazing at halting the advance of units with low BTS. I think he also moved his Shrouded FO up to start to be a pain in my ass and to cover his Liberto. I think he also got his xenotech point. He also got his Daturazi close to my Fiday.

I let my Ghazis loose and lost one or two of them to reaction fire from his TR bot. Then I used the one over by his liberto to engage with him. I tanked the mine and managed to cause a wound to the Liberto who went dogged and dropped another mine. Then used the Ghazi to eat the other mine. I think she survived to die later against the Shrouded. This is the turn I spent a bunch of orders on my Farzan FO and dropped a few mines I didn't actually have while pushing a button.

My opponent's Daturazi discovered the Fiday and then moved into base contact and the Fiday made the armor roll (I think he cancelled the impetuous order) and then moved Bit and Kiss up, used a pitcher to kill my Barid and then grabbed the objective on my right flank before cybermasking the pair. He got a couple of kills with his Shrouded by forward observing something and then hitting it with a guided missile. Then he brought Ko Dali on to engage my Farzan with chain of command and get close to the objective he needed to hold at the end of the game. She failed her discover roll (which was 16, I think he rolled 17). Then he used an intuitive attack and I shot back with the shotgun. I won the roll and Ko Dali tanked her armor save. Then he had Ko Dali go to town with 5 dice of assault pistols on 17s. I rolled a 12 with the shotgun and Ko Dali...didn't beat it and failed her armor roll. This was incredibly significant for me, because it meant that I was not in loss of lieutenant for my second turn.

I ran my Ayyar up the table to cover, maybe capture an objective. I ended up killing Kiss, but not Bit yet and then getting into suppressive fire. I moved my last Ghazi around and managed to reveal and isolate his Shrouded with an intuitive jam. I adjusted the positions of a couple of other models but didn't accomplish much else.

My opponent killed the Fiday, moved his Shrouded to be in base contact with the objective on my side of the table but I got a lucky pistol crit with my Ghazi, and pointed most of his guns at the console that he'd already captured. He also locked my Ayyar in close combat with his Daturazi. Then he revealed his shrouded Assault hacker and spent four or five orders failing to capture the objective on my left.

I moved my regular orders to the first group. I used my minelayer to grab the xenotech, place the scanner, kill Bit, and secure the HVT. Then I used all of the rest of my orders to move my Farzan FO to run and grab the objective to my right. I made the wip roll with my last order. This put me at a pretty commanding lead on objective points as the only ones I hadn't gotten were the two points to grab the objective on my opponent's table half.

My opponent played very well, and I didn't notice any errors in his play. The exchange with Ko Dali and my Opponent's inability to roll 13 or less to capture an objective helped me pretty significantly. If my turn two had started in loss of lieutenant, I would have run into a lot of problems trying to recover, although I did still have three command tokens left.

As usual, Ghazis are wonderful for blunting my opponent's initial attack. Jammers are incredibly useful. I do think that Ghazis are a few points under costed. I'd also like to have a 6th body for my core team. Once the first model went down, I didn't have the BS to take town my opponent's TR bot at long range. To be fair, I wouldn't use most gunfighters to oppose a TR bot within 32 inches anyway.

The Ayyar was interesting. I don't know that he's worth the points he costs though. In a mission where I need a data tracker to survive, he definitely has merit (because apparently he can still use holo projector and be the data tracker). I do like the shock marksman rifle as he can out or under range most targets. The viral pistols definitely pack a punch for close range engagements as well. His cost does mean that I could trade him out for another Lasiq and two more Daylami, however.

Urobros likes this.
  13. QueensGambit

QueensGambit Chickenbot herder

The Ayyar seems to be one of those love-'em-or-hate-'em units. I'm in the "hate" camp. He's a not-very-heavy heavy infantry, and a not-very-special specialist, with a not-very-powerful spitfire, and a not-quite-camo marker state. Really a case of being a jack of all trades but decent at none. Such nice models, though...

Are you finding the Ghulam doctor to be worth the points? I find that in the fireteam, she almost never has the opportunity to heal anyone, and when she does I'm still spending orders from group 1 to do it. She would have a lot more appeal in group 2, attached to a nasmat. But AVA 4 Ghulams...

yoink101 likes this.
  14. Urobros

Urobros Well-Known Member

Hello,

@yoink101 I love the last report. Thanks. As you are aware, Ghazi Muttawi'ah are "amazing" but not only to halt "low PB" troups, too most of with higher values, because tends to be expensive, so "one lucky shot of jammer" will make a lot of harm. Most rivals try to surround the Ghazi instead go straight forward, making him waste orders.

I'am not if you do this in your matchs, but if not, when you face a Total Reaction, or something with high ARO burts, you can try cover the Ghazi with others Ghazi. Place one backwards, where with her first half order don't show him to the ARO pieces (if you can), them lauch smoke in the path of the second Ghazi, so it will not be shot. Most of the times probably you could secure 3 of 4 Ghazis.

I really home you will do more reports in the future.

@QueensGambit , I'am agree with you, I'am probably one of the "Ayarlovers". Latest year I found the profile really useful (most of games were LI) but it requires to be really patien. Most of times is a second turn piece.

Non Infinity Related, @QueensGambit , your nick comes from Arrow? The boat where Oliver Queen had the accident? XD

yoink101 likes this.
  15. yoink101

Ghulams are not my favorite part of Hassassins. AVA 4 doesn't make any sense to me and with one really good character (Leila) and one overpriced character (Yasbir) using them as my core team is less than ideal. I don't know that I've used the doctor yet, but having the option is nice and I don't know that I'd spend the points on something else.

I think Ghulams are better in every other sectorial they are in. Ramah and QK both have them with AVA total, which is the dream for cheap line troops. Even Dahshat has AVA 6 plus AVA 4 wildcard bounty hunters along with a handful of characters. I find that because of the light AVA, I rely on my core team much less than I do with other armies I play. Which is at least an interesting tactical challenge.

At some point I'll use Muyibs because Leila can get them to 6 bodies, not to mention adding an Asawira. That all seems very expensive though.

Ghazis covering Ghazis is the way to do it. Leap-frogging forward with them can help keep them safe. Unfortunately, the table was fairly open on that side and my first smoke toss roll failed, leaving the second guy with an opposed roll against a TR bot. Which didn't go well for me.

Thank you for the interest! I'm definitely planning on more!

Urobros likes this.
  16. ik3rian

ik3rian Anti-Ariadnian Specialist

Nowadays, in HB lists i usually use two Ghulams, EMauler variant. I put them on both flanks, they are the cheapest jacks of all trades:
    - Rifle for SF if you are expecting jumpers
    - LS for SK's and WB's who dare to get to close
    - EMaulers for anything that can be immobilized
    - Repeaters for anything hackable
    - Order monkeys

I used them as a defensive link with MLs as well, and standalone Doc behind, lets say, Lasiq VSR

Urobros and Xeurian like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation