1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Filtering out other language

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by Mroowkojad, Nov 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mroowkojad

Mroowkojad Member

Would it be possible to add option to filter out threads and subforums that are not in my preffered language - i use only english, so all spanish threads are completely useless for me. It could be based on tags, so if i chose to filter out spanish, all threads tagged as ES would be hidden.

Icchan and Blindside like this.
  2. Blindside

Blindside Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Great Idea, use the "hide" option of the folders till then, you can toggle the visibility of the speficic areas with it. :)

3. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Do you mean while doing a search? Because if it's in the main page of the forum, you can hit the " - " on the upper right corner of each subforum to hide it.

4. Mroowkojad

Mroowkojad Member

If the whole subforum is in spanish, then it is no problem. But some subfora are bilingual (like this one) and right now it is already difficult to browse through threads fast as i have to carefully read each title to make sure it is in english. And also later, when there will be more threads, all unread will be in spanish which will add to the confusion.

Icchan likes this.
  5. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

If all of the people uses the [EN] [ES] tags, as the rules state, it may be posible to implement some kind of filter.

But currently titles and tags cant be edited and a lot of topics lack them. Like this one :confused:

Forté and drungdrakki like this.
  6. Darkvortex87

Darkvortex87 Combat jump kamikaze

the [EN] or [ES] tag is only for those sub-forum that are not divided in languages.

Frankly speaking, i'd say that there should be an option to show/hide the various subforum, so that they don't show on "unread topic".

That way, if i'm not interested in "Off-topic", or Aristeia, i'd need simply to remove them from my "Interests".

7. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

You can also go into each forum area and mark it as 'watched' with no notifications, then in the main navigation click on 'Watched Forums' to only see those forums.

Forté and Darkvortex87 like this.
  8. Darkvortex87

it's not a problem of "seeing the subforum", at least for me.
    it's a problem with "New posts" picking up all new posts from all subforums, even spanish/aristeia, etc.

9. Mc_Clane

Mc_Clane Zhànzhēng bùzhǎng
    Warcor

I'm not sure if this is waht you're asking for: You can minimize that subforum on the [-] simbol of the right end of that subforums title.

I miss a way of marking threads as read

Abrilete likes this.
  10. Darkvortex87

i'm simply asking if it's possible to have some sort setting that let us chose what forum to search when pushing the "New Posts" button on top of the home

11. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

Shame there's not a translation function so that English and Spanish users can take part in the same discussions.

12. Monkeysloth

Monkeysloth Well-Known Member

All web browsers do this now, generally though a plugin, so there's no real need for the forums to do it as well.

13. Darkvortex87

the problem is that spanish people use a lot of slang when writing, so usually the translator has a bit of problem translating.

But i see much more post from spanish guys, even in english, so that's good.

14. Forté

Forté Well-Known Member

You get used to them after some time jajajajajaja (or hahahahahaha to us English speakers). Plus many Spanish speakers are happy to explain too I find.

15. Mob of Blondes

Mob of Blondes Well-Known Member

Sometimes there is slang, sometimes there is crappy spelling. Most of the times the later.

16. Skarsnik

Skarsnik Member

I agree with the post. I tried to look for the last writtten messages and damn :S So more activity that before, obvious now we are the two forums users all in one forum, and at same time having to search the messages that are in our language.

I think some filter that allows the users to hide directly the message will be great (I was thinking that maybe it's possible to make a "check box" when you write a new post that was mandatory to fill and when we can select the language of the message (EN, SP, EN/SP) to make more easy to use some filter with them).

Lothlanathorian likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation