1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is CB trolling?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zewrath, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

Our Warcor had 2 accounts at one time, one for really playing and the other to prevent Byes on the tournaments he would organize. The "bye-preventer" surpassed the main ELO account at one time... despite the main account being used for all tournaments he would not organize (including big ones).

Nope, there is Downloads page where things... happen.

No changelog has ever been seen.

ChoTimberwolf, Hecaton and Zewrath like this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

But the various files themselves do have a version number in the file name, and usually in a couple other places as well.

I would like to have a detailed list of changes, too, but being able to say "hey, the current FAQ is v1.4.pdf" is acceptable.

When I was writing instructions for the Navy, there was an entire section of the promulgation letter for significant changes from the previous version. Several times, I wrote "the section on [ X ] has been completely re-written."

xagroth and Hecaton like this.
  3. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

Dude if I could not come here and still not be blindsided by rulings I would. As it stands coming to the forums is a necessity to not be blindsided by nonsensical rulings in competitive play.

Ten Thousand Arrows likes this.
  4. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

@Ogid I can do that, I have done it in the past for Warcors, though I fear it might become too formalised in the end if I submit the "one and official way to submit feedback" I will see about that.

@xagroth @Section9 That can be arranged to be done, I will have to see if it can be slotted to happen.

As for humour, humour is humour, some people like it some don't and I guess local culture affects the outcome, personally I always found Bostia funny and his humour well mended.

5. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Local culture has nothing to do with it, I'm Spanish and I don't find Bostria funny AT ALL

6. psychoticstorm

Local culture, personal taste, I hoped I got the meaning across with the above, humour is subjective and highly dependant on the receiver.

7. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

Good to know! Ty @psychoticstorm. It will take a while for my lack of free time right now; but when I have a well constructed piece, I'll PM you (or I'll send it by that official way)

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  8. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

I was refering on the most used in general. Ofc ISS ofers varity that is comoetitive (the best Yu Jing Pain Train, the Wu Mings with or without Zhanying), the mixted crane + xi + cg link or a good ampunt of duos.

And for vanilla

Maybe i expressed myself wrong but i was trying to say that i don't see Yu Jing list making as something easy if you avoid the horde + Rui Shi + you prefered heavy killer. Don't get my wrong, this style that you stated works, and it is tipical we all played in vanilla some times. But with the time is has became a bit boring and easy to counter by a skilled oponent used to Yu Jing tricks. For example i was very salty with krit, and i still think he is not usful in IA, bit recently a friend warcor showed me how it work in vanilla with proper midfield support.

Zewrath likes this.
  9. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Thanks!

Getting a list of changes would be really good, it also helps the writers to make sure they did actually make all the changes on the to-do list!

In my experience, the best way to do a change log is to write each item as you make the changes. This way it only adds a little bit of work at each change, instead of having to go through the entire 100+pg document and compare.

For example:
    the big PanO update
    • Bolts had their price changed, bringing them in line with other units with Combi+LSG and Drop Bears. Also added a BSG+Drop Bears profile.
    • Each of the Knightly Orders was changed to have a distinct tabletop role, [ specifics of each intended role ], etc (which could also be written with an entry for each order, depending on writers preference).
    • etc

The problem is that some 90% of communication is non-verbal. Tone of voice, facial expressions, body language, etc all matters, and a statement that may have been written while laughing doesn't carry that laugh in the words.

None of that extra information is here in the forums, all we have is the words themselves.

10. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

would love that, frankly, even if it's just in a page of the Wiki

Hecaton likes this.
  11. Azuset

Azuset Well-Known Member

The Yu Jing players can really use a moral boost like this.

Kallas likes this.
  12. Ariwch

Ariwch Tournament benthotic lurker

I would.

However, I think, it's vanilla YJ that should get Libertos both AVA 2 and upgraded profiles, not Dahshat, backwise.

Mahtamori likes this.
  13. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Wonder how come Dahshat has not been already obliterated out of the game, the universe, and our minds by all-seeing, all-powerful PanO /sarcasm

14. psychoticstorm

Small private military contractors who have no territorial claims, backed by a silk Magnate and operating on a no questions asked policy particularly favoured by big PanO corporations.

Yes, I can see MagnaObra (or any other PanO massive corporation) protecting their "darlings".

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

Funding terrorists... ye, I sure see how PanO would do nothing. This is all following your logic, of course.

16. psychoticstorm

Of course they would do nothing, why would they?

First of all they have nothing to gain, Dahshat is a really minor power (remember the biggest NA2 power, Japan, is considered a minor local power), big players inside PanO use them and are discreet with a customer is right policy, their owner is a Silk Magnate, and nobody likes to see silk price go high as reparations.

Why would they even care about Dahshat? now if they could use them to pin down Yu Jing they would, but no great power would be that stupid to contract any mercenary company on a shady mission directly.

Above average number of Libertos directly on Yu Jing forces on the other hand would be another story entirely.

17. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

But we're not talking about forces. We're still talking about black ops and the number of hired guns vary wildly from mission to mission.

It's funny how you apply two different kinds of logic for Dahshat and for Yu Jing. The only really valid way to defend this with logic intact is "because CB didn't want too many Libertos in Yu Jing" and then show logical reasoning two fingers.

Ariwch likes this.
  18. psychoticstorm

Black ops or not having too many Libertos in a force that can be pinned to Yu Jing is an asset to PanO and I am sure Yu Jing are more than happy to have them do their thing in other peoples hands.

19. Zewrath

Zewrath Elitist Jerk

*reads above replies*

So.. why and how has this thread gotten nearly 30+ pages of thread and responses now? Especially when it all started with me sperging out on CB screwing up the presented profile of Krit and later (only slightly better) corrected profile? xD

20. SpectralOwl

We all got a chance to individually trot out our pet hates with that particular profile? Nobody on the whole thread seems to actually be happy about the guy because he perfectly nails every dead horse in the Yu Jing faction, of course it's going to get sidetracked.

Probably Yu Jing itself also doesn't want one fifth of its deployment force in a black op composed of mercenary fishmen with notoriously bad tempers and a strong political agenda. I know if I were planning that sort of thing I'd want a strong majority of people that were very, very trustworthy, no matter how skilled the mercs can be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation