1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is CB trolling?

Discussion in 'Yu Jing' started by Zewrath, May 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

This is so true XD. It's not an automedikit, it's a palkit that works with the power of friendship! If you don't have regular friends in the table, then it's so sad that it just let you die :D. I won't go all the way to say that it should be automatic, but at least be free (if you botch the roll you are dead anyway)

It depends a lot on the list and what you priorice. As said before, toolboxes are great and also a standard engineer will have to spend a lot of orders to repair/heal a rambo far far away for your DZ or to reach objetives. You only want to use your engineer to repair your HMG ARO REM that is going to spend all game in your DZ? Yeah, you don't need a Tomcat for that.

A Mão Esquerda and Stiopa like this.
  2. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

WTF?

Haidao are WIP13. Kurgat are also WIP13. Doctor Worm is WIP14. Clockmakers and Zoe in Nomads, and Sophie and PostHuman Mk1 are WIP15, but that's about it for WIP15 engineers. Four models, two factions.

If WIP13/14 is a bad engineer, then every single faction in the game has terrible engineers that aren't worth fielding. Especially PanO, with their WIP12.

Zewrath, Maksimas, xagroth and 4 others like this.
  3. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

This. And speaking of PanO, 60% chance of repairing something (not counting Command Token re-rolls) seems like a better option than 0% chance. I can't speak for others, but I'm actually inclined to field Machinist when I'm using TAGs, HI, or Remotes ;)

4. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

The Montesa has a high chance of taking an ARO to the face while it advances towards an objective, Akalis have to make a roll if they want to start next to the objective, are worse gunfighters, and don't have Dogged. There are a number of reasons why, outside of specific circumstances, Naga are just better.

Narrowing your options is fine, as long as those options are good options. Some profiles are just bad; an extreme example would be the old Calibans. When I see a Montesa on a bike across the table, I think "that's an easy to kill 40 points." Nagas are more of a pain in the ass than they are, and are about 10 points cheaper.

meikyoushisui likes this.
  5. psychoticstorm

psychoticstorm Aleph's rogue child

On the other hand Montesa is more survivable, can do different secret objectives especially the tricky ones with the HVT and can reach most points a Naga would with 1-2 orders. I really do not understand why you cannot see all these are subjective opinions.

I have said it to you several times, claiming something has zero impact, doing an extensive argument with research citations and suggestions of possible fixing is more preferable.

For the sake of the example using the recent argument

"Armour is over-costed" means nothing really.
    "I believe armour is over-costed especially in the low numbers 2-4 on single wound models because the increased survivablility ratio of the model compared to taking half another "basic level regular model" on the high end armour cost" is far better.

I do believe most formula calculation arguments are more gut feelings than researched arguments (and I am not denying gut feelings from seasoned players may have merit, the "I do not know it, but I know it when I see it" sometimes indeed exist).

Feedback is important, but well made feedback is far more important.

Stiopa, xagroth and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  6. psychoticstorm

You do understand that you can intelligently use infiltrators to deploy them on your opponents half of the board and do several things from mine-layering your opponent to his deployment zone forcing them to waste orders on clearing mines to efficiently hunt down order generators and achieve objective dominance with other models or other infiltrators?

Why is your thought process so restricted? why is everything a buff or a nerf? there are several other options and several other thought processes available, for example it has not come to my attention of anybody saying that MI are not differentiated enouph from top tier LI and low tier HI apart form their MOV.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  7. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

@psychoticstorm, I don't know if it's fanboyism or just a twisted vision of reality, but are you really trying to defend all models are on the same power level and there aren't some that are just better than others?

Btw, the difference between MI and "low tier HI" is the hacking and E/M vulnerability, it baffles me that you are even raising that question. But then again, you came with that "all white masks belong to Svalarheima" thing which was just hilarious.

8. atomicfryingpan

atomicfryingpan Well-Known Member

The thread should be are the same repetitive Yu Jing players trolling?

csjarrat and A Mão Esquerda like this.
  9. A Mão Esquerda

A Mão Esquerda Deputy Hexahedron Officer

With the same shopworn complaints to boot.

csjarrat likes this.
  10. Maksimas

Maksimas Heavy Infantry Addict Maxim

I mean... what else do we have to discuss in this part of the Forums, in all honesty?

11. Stiopa

Stiopa Trust The Fuckhead

Tactics? ;)

12. Maksimas

I mean, what Yu Jing tactics are there left to discuss at this point? That we haven't been able to dissect within days, if not hours, of discovery?

Yu Jing is BY FAR the most simple to play faction in the entire game as far as I've seen. This simplicity being both it's greatest strength and downfall.

So it's not like there's some really complex and in-depth tactics around to discuss...

13. Benkei

Benkei Well-Known Member

And the same outrageous reality defying fanboyism it seems.

It's the cycle of life.

#513 Benkei, Jun 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
  14. Maksimas

I think we can now safely say that the Yu Jing subforum is the Dark Souls of subforums.

Because this place exists in a perpetually repeating cycle, just like in Dark Souls.

xagroth and Paegis like this.
  15. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

If the same issues keep being issues then the complaints will keep sounding the same, but if we keep this up maybe White Banner will be as interesting as Varuna turned out.

16. psychoticstorm

I am not sure where you got that from what I typed? who said all models are on the same power level? now if somebody was asking if all units are valid and have their use niche or otherwise, then yes, all models are valid and as different tools excel when they are correctly used.

White faceplate and svalarheima Yu Jing is an old comment from a BoW video saying that, not sure if it has changed, as for differentiation, I made a suggestion for a topic to be discussed, but if you feel 4-2 not hackable is enouph to differentiate them from 4-4 LI and HI that have comparable resilience, then it is fine, but the example was given to indicate that buff and nerf are not the only directions one can take.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  17. Maksimas

PanO got fishmen LI.
    So we demand lizardmen HI.

Though to be completely honest I am fully down with the idea of crocodiles in power armor.

Tongfa and Benkei like this.
  18. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

I wouldn't think Yu Jing would be willing to fund the Libertos THAT much, but I was surprised that Yu Jing didn't get increased AVA on Libertos, being the primary insurrection sponsor and all that. I don't think anyone would've raised an eyebrow if they were AVA 2 in IA.

19. zapp

zapp Well-Known Member

To answer that initial question of this thread, yes they trolled us hard with that initial profile. (1W etc) And I think it was a good prank.
    I did not like so much that the official profile is what it is, but thats another story.

Azuset likes this.
  20. Hecaton

Hecaton EI Anger Translator

I think the Naga is more survivable than the Montesa in a lot of situations. Camo state counts for a lot; with the Montesa I can just Plasma Sniper Rifle it to death, and I don't even need marksmanship because it can't take cover. With the Naga I'm unlikely to be able to Discover it at long range, so I need to use another unit to Sensor it or whatever. It's not a subjective opinion, per se - it's just that you have a blind spot towards what durability actually is in infinity. It's not just ARM and wounds, since you can protect yourself by shooting back as well as having a marker state.

Uh, no, it means what it says. The fact that it frustrates you that such a simple and effortless criticism of CB's point system is valid is another issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation