1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why would [July] to me?!?!?

Discussion in 'News' started by Solar, Jun 3, 2019.

1. kanluwen

kanluwen Well-Known Member

I've wondered why CB hasn't started offering 32mm bases for some stuff. This tends to be an issue with Heavy Infantry it seems, wouldn't be beyond belief to just shift the HIs to 32mms.

2. Stuffist

Stuffist Well-Known Member

That's a silhouette issue I guess.
    Plus the fact that you need to tell people to rebase their HIs to larger bases (and/or sell conversion rings) => additional cost or effort to invest for the players.

Balewolf, xagroth and Abrilete like this.
  3. Click2kill

Click2kill Well-Known Member

Bases matter in the game mechanics though. Being on a 25mm base allows you to go places or avoid penalties that the larger bases can't. it also makes it harder to hide behind terrain. Being on a 25mm base makes them stronger in that regard.

Even the mighty Tariq needs to go prone in order to enter an objective room because the drugs made him too big. That Haidao or Hsien can just walk in like a boss.

Abrilete likes this.
  4. SmaggTheSmug

SmaggTheSmug Well-Known Member

If you think that's a bad sniper pose take another look at new Knauf.
    People have problems with Nisse sniper because he's not looking in the same direction the barrel is pointing. But it's not as bad as HMG Nisse, who appears to have been distraught or shocked so much even his coat jumped. Try getting *that* into cover!
    Aquila and Sepulchre at least have the excuse of looking cool and menacing with their coats. Nisse just looks scared.

But on the upside it allows you to make this
    [​IMG]

Golem2God and xagroth like this.
  5. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

Anyone do anything cool over the weekend?

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Played 40k, got my butt handed to me by mechanized Space Dogs. I did not have anywhere near enough antitank firepower in my Deathwatch. Handled the infantry OK, just couldn't deal with the vehicles.

Need to get a game of Infinity in soon!

Next weekend should be a range day, which will be good for my stress levels. Nothing like a quiet day at the shooting range for some good 'group therapy'!

Edit:
    Class Name Power
    HQ - Primaris Watch Captain (army CO) 6

HQ - Primaris Watch Captain (LT) 6

HQ - Primaris Librarian 7

HQ - Primaris Chaplain 6

3x Troop - Alt Intercessor Squad (mixed) 14
    5x Intercessor 5
    1x Hellblaster +2
    1x Inceptor +3
    1x Aggressor +2
    2x Reiver +2

Elite - Primaris Apothecary 4

Elite - Reiver Squad 11
    5x Reivers 6
    +5x Reivers +5

Heavy - Hellblaster Squad 16
    5x Hellblaster 8
    +5 Hellblasters +8

Total: 98 Power

Combat squadded the Reivers and Hellblasters. Going to add a second Hellblaster squad and maybe something to count as a Corvus Blackstar or two to deal with the vehicles.

#106 Section9, Jun 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Golem2God likes this.
  7. xagroth

xagroth Mournful Echo

It's not you, it's your list. Primaris are not good by default (hellblasters require an Ancient to be worthwhile). Only use for Primaris in the Deatwatch is as bodies where to glue the DW bits, Veterans are the answer to everything. Antitank can be done with Dreadnoughts, however.

My pure DW detachment is made of 3x squads of 1 basic bike, 1 termie (storm bolter, energy sword), 1 Vanguard (double hand flamer) and 7 Veterans (storm bolter, storm shield) to be deployed in the face of the enemy (use the +6' ammo for Rapid Fire and AP-1, so you output 36 shots per unit, unless you are nuking a Big Bad like Magnus, use the "wound on 2+" there), a Watch Master with the "recover spent CP on a 5+", a Thor (Watch Captain with Jump Pack, storm shield and big 1h hammer, and a possible Beacon Angelis to "call" another DW unit), and the rest depends on points and if I'm souping (IK Styrix, magnetized so I can deploy as other IKs of that size, + 3x skitarii and 2x techpriests, since I have no IG models at this moment). I have a Dreadnought, a Contemptor, and a Leviathan for anti-tank business if needed (the Dread can be deployed thanks to the Beacon Angelis if it's a short range burner, or as one of the three units by teleportarium), and I will be getting some rhinos from the Warhammer Conquest that will be magnetized to be used as Whirlwinds, Rhinos, Predators, or Razorbacks (or other options, depending on what I can convert to).

The good primaris are the Infiltrators (area denial for enemy DR) and Eliminators from Shadowspear, sadly they won't go into Deathwatch (at least for now), but are good as Raven Guard for example.

I'm currently balancing my future shopping regarding the Apocalypse boxes... Valliant + 2 "free" Armigers or the IG heavy detachment (3 leman russ, 1 chimaera, 1 heavy weapons squad of 3, 1 cadian command group)...

Golem2God likes this.
  8. MikeTheScrivener

MikeTheScrivener O-12 Peace Kepper

last time I played 40k I had a real bad experience. but that was probably over a year ago

same here, I usually try and play at least once a week but missed last weekend.

9. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Dabing Nisse? Interesting but what are the applications!

I want more Oznat or unmasked lady morat! I'm curious want a female space Oni look like.

Golem2God likes this.
  10. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Talk about a news drought...

11. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Definitely Space Oni.

WarHound and Abrilete like this.
  12. Leviathan

Leviathan Hungry Caliban

Everyone's seen it already after the Defiance feed posted it overnight, but might as well repost it here...

[​IMG]

13. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

Touché.
    Still want an unmasked morat lady though! And they kinda are space Oni if you go by the RPG. Apparently, female morat have horns.

Golem2God and toadchild like this.
  14. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Morats are definitely space oni.

Golem2God, FireFangs and Stiopa like this.
  15. Dr.Dressler

Dr.Dressler Active Member

And here I thought the Nisse trusted in the heart of cards. Where is his black mage card? And that duel gauntlet thingy?

WarHound and nehemiah like this.
  16. Golem2God

Golem2God Just a Kooky Kumotail serving others.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I've been waiting since I came across the Morats two years ago. Hopefully at least one of the future Zerat resculpts will produce the unmasked female that we all want. There are only a handful of Morat models/units that showcase the males' species' facial features so it is not asking much for at least a single female model to showcase a bare face.

Ravrohan likes this.
  17. Rizzy

Rizzy Armchair Strategos L3

That guy is in dire need of a snowboard..

daszul, ev0k, Golem2God and 3 others like this.
  18. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

I'm quite curious about them. Do they have a similar face as the male or are they different!

That..... that fits way too much. Why hasn't it happened yet?!

Golem2God likes this.
  19. Ravrohan

Ravrohan Well-Known Member

I have one player I know would want to wait for the CA rpg book and his own female Morat mini to go with her. Can't wait for both. I'd love mini's, but in the interm, even some official artwork would be nice.

Golem2God likes this.
  20. FireFangs

FireFangs Space Oni

If they never make one, I'll probably end up making my own unmasked mini. I'll just need an extra Oznat body and to find a good head.

#120 FireFangs, Jun 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2019
    Golem2God likes this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation