1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alternate Play System - TACOS mk.II

Discussion in 'News' started by taylor, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Santyagass

Santyagass Swords of the Prophet. Media engineer
    Warcor

Hello! Did you manage to launch MK3?

2. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey dude - actually, we tried it out a bunch of times with different results - but the general consensus was that it wasnt as fun as standard TACOS (or TACOS MK.II). The biggest issue was the cards work better when they are catalysts to drive the action - if you don't have an idea of what your opponent is doing as the TACOS cards are secret information - the game slows down considerably, we found.

I'd encourage you to try it out for yourself and let me know what you think.

Section9 and FatherKnowsBest like this.
  3. Wizardlizard

Wizardlizard Well-Known Member

Okay bought the cards and had our first game. Made a classic knuckle headed error and had 8 objectives (4 for both of us) which meant my midfield madness I had planned with dart and friends was pretty much squashed due to exclusion zones.
    Enjoyed the changing goals though and if we get use to this it will definitely change our list choices as we try to take the best mix that can hit the most potential points.
    Exclusion zone even with 4 objectives feels a little bit punitive to midfield lists but I'll admit too early to say definitely. Also I was playing aleph oss which I really suck with and in general think are just a meh sectoria .

taylor and Xeurian like this.
  4. thepoorman

thepoorman Member

We just played a few games with this in the last month or so up here in Thunder Bay and we've really enjoyed it. The shifting state of the game is a lot of fun and encourages a broad list. I'm going to show some more players in the next few weeks.

taylor and Xeurian like this.
  5. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Awesome! I'm glad you liked it, guys!

thepoorman likes this.
  6. taylor

taylor Well-Known Member
    Warcor

Hey guys - just a quick heads up for those of you playing in Asteroid Blues with TACOS instead of classified cards. Our community has been playing using both (the scenario and the TACOS cards) and so far it has been great - that way if the Salsa Gods aren't in your favour, you can always go for the main object of the scenario!

Just throwing it out there.
    T.

Section9 and Mahtamori like this.
  7. thepoorman

thepoorman Member

That's a great idea! I didn't think of combining the two - we'll try that tomorrow, I think.

Xeurian and taylor like this.
  8. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

hello, it has been a long time! i've uploaded the deck in my Steam Cloud, I hope you don't mind if we play it on TTS :)

Wizzy likes this.
  9. khepri

khepri Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this! Super interested and will test it out and report back.

10. Osd29

Osd29 Member

11. Wizzy

Wizzy Well-Known Member

For your information, while writing an article about this mod, I saw that the link to Printer Studio was dead.

12. Blakhart

Blakhart Well-Known Member

Osd29 likes this.
  13. Blakhart

Blakhart Well-Known Member

Hey there, so the HVT and the Intelligence Op are basically the same thing? The IO doesn't do anything else that the HVT doesn't do, correct?

14. Robock

Robock Well-Known Member

yep, just different so you can place them in two spot and each card will call out a specific one.

I was going to say same as console/crate but those actually have different Sil size.

Blakhart likes this.
  15. bloodspiff

bloodspiff New Member

Juste to be sure: you have to draw a new objective card when you complete one right ?

16. Jim the third

Jim the third Well-Known Member

You draw back up to 4 at the start of each round, AFTER the new active player chooses one of the remaining (if any) cards to remove

17. Bruno Braga

Bruno Braga Well-Known Member

Absolutely love this idea! Currently getting the cards printed out so that I can drag some of my local players into this with me.

Just wanted to ask if you had a version of the Taco deck with updated N4 terminology? I.E. not mentioning CH (Camouflage and Hiding) or GADGET/SHIELD hacking programs (or Pheroware Support) and etc.

Super looking forward to trying this out!

18. bloodspiff

bloodspiff New Member

Ok thanks !

19. Osd29

Osd29 Member

20. Osd29

Osd29 Member

No, I haven't an uptodate version with N4 (I am not the original creator of the system).

• About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation