1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wildcards (not) replacing all Fireteam core Troopes

Discussion in '[Archived]: N3 Rules' started by Hachiman Taro, Jun 2, 2019.

1. Solar

Solar Well-Known Member

1) I would imagine it is very difficult, though possible, to learn the rules that way

2) I would also imagine that this essentially almost never happens as the vast majority of new players will be joining an existing community.

3) Learning the entire rules from scratch has always been extremely difficult and is in fact easier than it was when the rules were written in imperfectly translated English.

4) It is hardly unusual for the above three points to be true in the context of wargaming in general.

2. krossaks

krossaks Well-Known Member

If the new roumured special duo between Guijia and Krit comes out, we will be able to swap kirt for some usfull wildcard?

I understand that special firetrams can take wildcard if only one of the special members is in play. We where disctuting this in my group. Some argue that this could be like Scarface Cornelia Valeria in druze.
    But this will depend of? Redacting? Traduction between spain-english versions? Come on. As the first "buff" in years on the guijia i want an oficial answer xD

3. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

It would be a bit too much to ask for them not to invent yet another way of describing a Fireteam. But as I read it on the preview, neither Krit nor Guijia joins the other, but instead forms a regular old "Krit Kokram FTO + Guijia" meaning you can freely replace Krit with a Shang-Ji

4. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

The updated rule we were given only references Fireteam: Core. Haris and Duo are unaffected.

Robock likes this.
  5. Ceilican

Ceilican Well-Known Member

Probably because Fireteam: Core is the only one that isn’t a skill.

In the case of the Kit + Guijia duo, it’ll depend on which one has the Duo skill (unless both do.)

6. Section9

Section9 Well-Known Member

Well, technically Shang Ji also have Duo, natively. In addition to Wildcard.

So even if Krit is the one with Duo, I think a Shang Ji would be able to replace him. (Unless the Special Duo is written 1x Krit and 1x Guijia)

7. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Wildcard should still be able to take Krit’s place in that case. Same logic for why Gromoz can replace either Scarface or Cordelia in their special Duo in DBS.

Robock likes this.
  8. Ogid

Ogid Well-Known Member

To be fair, I learned it that way. 100% books and forum. But it requires an special kind of player that enjoys the rules enough to go through the books several times and then are willing spend a lot of time in the forums. For most players that's a pain. In fact a friend who also tried to do the same decided to settle for other games.
    When I get some real free time again, i'll try to be his hierophant XD

9. Mahtamori

Mahtamori Well-Known Member

That still wouldn't matter. They'd have to:
    a) write the new Fireteam creation limitations to also work on Haris and Duo
    and
    b) write "Guijia may join Krit in a special Fireteam: Duo" which is what'd be required to make Krit be a mandatory part of that Duo

For reference, please see the special Duo of Scarface and Cordelia which explicitly and literally was the first instance where these shenanigans began and we were told in no uncertain terms that Gromoz was intended to be able to replace either Scarface or Cordelia in that dynamic duo.

10. Sangarn

Sangarn TRIUMcorp CEO
    Warcor

The chaotic status of the rules is giving me headaches most ppl of my gaming group don't bother reading the rule they just ask me and to be honest it is just killing for me the fun of Infinity as I spend all my free time trying to understand wtf is going on
    95% of the issues are not game breaking but 5% can be enough to ruin your game
    and fireteam composition is the big mess atm, most ppl don't understand a thing with just reading the rules
    I hope they will not complexify more with "Wildcards not replacing all Fireteam core Troopes"

11. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Still need at least 1 duo troops.

Just like haris.

In the gromoz example scarface has the duo

12. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Both Scarface and Cordelia have the Skill.

13. daboarder

daboarder Force One Commander
    Warcor

Yeah
    And the guija doesnt so krit cant be replaced by something without duo

ijw likes this.
  14. ijw

ijw Ian Wood aka the Wargaming Trader. Rules & Wiki
    Infinity Rules Staff Warcor

Exactly.

A Mão Esquerda likes this.
  15. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

Right, but the Shang Ji does, which is where this started...

Robock likes this.
  16. dlfleetw

dlfleetw Well-Known Member

Wait... a WC can replace a duo model and duo is required to form the team, like a Haidao?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

17. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Honestly, wouldnt it just be so much easier, simpler, clearer and better to make Fireteam: Core a skill and make it work consistently with Haris and Duo?

It would be so much easier to identify and explain valid fireteams that way.

Making FTO a skill would be cleaner too.

18. meikyoushisui

meikyoushisui Competitor for Most Ignored User

This 100x. I don't think FTO is even defined in the rules anywhere right now.

19. toadchild

toadchild Premeasure

It's not, it's just a specific loadout that some special links reference. And on that front, it's cleaner than things like this:

Special Fireteam: Core. Up to 1 Black Friar (Albedo, Biometric Visor L1) can join a Fireteam: Core of Order Sergeants.

I'm not a huge fan of FTO, but I think "Black Friar FTO" would be easier to read.

Hachiman Taro likes this.
  20. Hachiman Taro

Hachiman Taro Inverted gadfly

Yep. It could still read basically this way as a skill though. With the benefit of being able to have a clear skill description setting out what it means exactly, and being more intuitively consistent with other fireteam skills like Haris and Duo.

Section9 and toadchild like this.
  • About Us

We are a company founded in 2001 in Cangas (Spain), and devoted to design and manufacture games and figures. Our main product, Infinity the Game, was born with the ambition to satisfy the most demanding audience, offering the best quality.

Why are we here?

Because we are, first and foremost, players.

• Quick Navigation

Open the Quick Navigation